PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Orc with Fireworks Victory Screen

GreyGriffin
06-20-2013, 10:39 AM
The crappy orc with fireworks victory screen we have seen on the Twitch feeds has brought an interesting idea to mind - custom victory and defeat screens. You could choose what image/animation you send to your opponent when you win from a library you could get from treasure chests, card achievements, or even tournaments.

Of course, like all custom art, it would be togglable. But it would add a nice personal touch to that last moment in a match.

Also having the crappy orc with fireworks available to Kickstarters/slacker backers/alpha/beta testers would be a nice "I lived through Alpha" badge of honor.

Edit: Kind of like this

Xintia
06-20-2013, 10:43 AM
Also having the crappy orc with fireworks available to Kickstarters/slacker backers/alpha/beta testers would be a nice "I lived through Alpha" badge of honor.

I kinda like that idea. Or maybe give all those folks a special PvE card called "Captain Placeholder." :D

nearlysober
06-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Well... only you see the victory screen.

I'd be more interested in Selectable Defeat Screens (earned through achievements) that you force your opponent to view when you beat them :)

They don't need to be fully customizable down to small elements... but just a fun way to show off your achievements.

Drake6k
06-20-2013, 11:09 AM

I'd be more interested in Customizable Defeat Screens (earned through achievements) that you force your opponent to view when you beat them :)
I love it! great idea

ossuary
06-20-2013, 11:42 AM
The victory / defeat screens should come in a set and be themed to match each other. Love the idea. +1 :)

GreyGriffin
06-20-2013, 01:20 PM
I'd be more interested in Selectable Defeat Screens (earned through achievements) that you force your opponent to view when you beat them :)

This is of course what I meant by a victory screen sent to your opponent, but I typed it up in about 60 seconds without a second pass at the end of my lunch break.

Valdrik
06-20-2013, 01:54 PM
This is an awesome idea! Would love to have a function like this in the live game! :)

Shadowelf
06-20-2013, 01:57 PM
Nice idea although cze said that the game will be under a lot of polish before beta, so maybe they have already thought of that ?

Valdrik
06-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Nice idea although cze said that the game will be under a lot of polish before beta, so maybe they have already though of that ?

We can hope so. If not, let's hope they take notice.

IndigoShade
06-20-2013, 02:02 PM
Lol actually that's an awesome idea. It's the kind of thing that could awarded any number of ways, like you mentioned, be it live events, winning tournaments, playing PvE, chests whatever and have no impact on game balance and just be all around cool.

I support this message!

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 02:02 PM
They have said that it's only short term for the Alpha and will be updated in the future.

IndigoShade
06-20-2013, 02:03 PM
That was before we started a petition though! I get the feeling you only read the thread title...

ConnorJS
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
That was before we started a petition though! I get the feeling you only read the thread title...

Ahh fair enough, all I know is they said it on an interview/twitch, can't remember where exactly.

hexinggems
06-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Love this idea so much! It's only a small thing, but I'm sure people would love

They don't need to be fully customizable down to small elements... but just a fun way to show off your achievements.

Vibraxus
06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
That would be awesome. If even just to enter my own text in the "You lose" screen. But to actually earn different ones via gameplay, achievements, etc.... is just awesome!

Fireblast
06-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Fun idea that shouldn't be too hard to add to the game at a later point.

~

Trothael
06-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Fantastic idea. I definitely support this being added to Hex as a little cosmetic feature at some point.

Facilier
06-20-2013, 02:41 PM
I assumed eventually there will be a separate victory/defeat screen per champion/mercenary, since the current one we saw in streams looks a lot like Zoltog.

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I really like this idea as well, the winner selecting the defeat screen for their opponent out of collectables and such they have unlocked is brilliant, and super easy.

IndigoShade
06-20-2013, 03:15 PM
I assumed eventually there will be a separate victory/defeat screen per champion/mercenary, since the current one we saw in streams looks a lot like Zoltog.

Yeah, we knew they would change it. This is the first I've heard anyone suggesting that there be several different options and the winner being able to chose which is presented much less unlocking new ones.

Storm_Fireblade
06-20-2013, 03:56 PM
+1 for this :)

KeplerVerge
06-20-2013, 04:08 PM
I also think this is a neat idea! +1

fido_one
06-20-2013, 04:19 PM
+1, great idea

Gorgol
06-20-2013, 04:23 PM
Ha! This would be fantastic!

Facilier
06-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Sounds like a cool idea. Though on the losing end could feel a bit like you are getting this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7BEYI_4P3E) regardless of the choices.

GreyGriffin
06-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Something like this.

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 05:19 PM

Something like this.
Wait are we going to get to play ninja turtles in this game!?! Zomg, I wish I gave them more money!

ZeroCool
06-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Problem will be the same problem that COD has, a lot of penises.

Gwaer
06-20-2013, 06:43 PM
Problem will be the same problem that COD has, a lot of penises.
...As long as Crypto doesn't let us unlock defeat screens with penises there won't be any?

ZeroCool
06-20-2013, 07:54 PM
...As long as Crypto doesn't let us unlock defeat screens with penises there won't be any?

Thought we were talking about custom avatars, rather than premade ones.

TheBokononist
06-20-2013, 08:28 PM
+1 for unlockable victory/defeat screens!

GreyGriffin
06-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Thought we were talking about custom avatars, rather than premade ones.

Custom as in you can change it between pregenerated images, not custom as in webcam pointed down your pants.

Callahan420
06-20-2013, 11:38 PM
I approve of this +1

Gwaer
06-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Victory/defeat screens are also a great way to get your personality across, too. I'd love a princess Cory based screen. Possibly making a face at my defeated foe, or consoling me when I lose. =)

odjn
06-21-2013, 09:10 AM
This thread makes me think of the old Street Fighter II victory/defeat screens, that dog in duck hunt, or Ganon laughing ominously in Zelda II: Link's Adventure. Though somewhat obnoxious, I remember them fondly, and really any annoyance came from the monotony of the same defeat. This was always way worse when it happened in short succession. So, the dog was the worst, but street fighter was great, because each character said different things. So, it was almost a treat, even in defeat. I'm def. for this concept with limited customization that CZE dictates and a user ability to turn off victory/defeat customizations if they become a hindrance to enjoyable play.

Hemotherapy
06-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Awesome idea. Love the example lol

GreyGriffin
06-21-2013, 10:23 AM
This thread makes me think of the old Street Fighter II victory/defeat screens, that dog in duck hunt, or Ganon laughing ominously in Zelda II: Link's Adventure. Though somewhat obnoxious, I remember them fondly, and really any annoyance came from the monotony of the same defeat. This was always way worse when it happened in short succession. So, the dog was the worst, but street fighter was great, because each character said different things. So, it was almost a treat, even in defeat. I'm def. for this concept with limited customization that CZE dictates and a user ability to turn off victory/defeat customizations if they become a hindrance to enjoyable play.

This raises a great point. Even if you lose against someone who doesn't even send you a gl;hf or a gg, you get to see a shred of their personality, and the bitterness of defeat might be buffered by seeing a new or favorite piece of art.