PDA

View Full Version : All players in Raid play simultaneously

Barkam
06-21-2013, 01:05 AM
I think to improve the Raid experience and possible increase the number of players from 3 is to have the players play simultaneously. It doesn't have to be player 1 takes his turn, then player 2 then player 3 then computer. I am thinking AI takes its turn then Player 1, 2 and 3 play cards at the same time. Maybe the only time to have priority passing is if the computer decides to react to one of the player's actions.

What do you all think? Maybe we can talk about the details to make this possible.

Jarric
06-21-2013, 01:09 AM
won't work with counters involved ... even a computer can only process so fast. And getting three things to react to all at once without being able to take them in turn would not work out so well.

SomeoneRandom
06-21-2013, 01:36 AM
I think this could potentially be okay for specific raids, but I think the one at a time structure is better overall and allows for more design space. Also I know some 1vMany games have the 1 player have a turn in between each player. That could even be the enrage for specific raids rather than drawing an additional card.

ev1lb0b
06-21-2013, 02:22 AM
This could easily work if the raid boss has multiple decks and each player plays 1 simultaneously.....it's not 'really' multiplayer as such but more x individual players all working together to bring down the boss.

Diesbudt
06-21-2013, 05:14 AM
If it is anything like WoWtcg raids it will be

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Boss
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Boss

Etc.

RobHaven
06-21-2013, 07:51 AM
I think to improve the Raid experience and possible increase the number of players from 3 is to have the players play simultaneously. It doesn't have to be player 1 takes his turn, then player 2 then player 3 then computer. I am thinking AI takes its turn then Player 1, 2 and 3 play cards at the same time. Maybe the only time to have priority passing is if the computer decides to react to one of the player's actions.

I might be remembering wrong, but isn't this how the Archenemy thing works in Duel of the Planeswalkers 2012? I thought it was Archenemy goes, then all three players at once, then Archenemy, so on and so forth.

Shadowelf
06-21-2013, 08:01 AM
If it is anything like WoWtcg raids it will be

Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Boss
Player 1
Player 2
Player 3
Boss

Etc.

This is my prediction too. All wow tcg raids worked with one player taking the role of the raid boss (AI in this case), while players were taking turns trying to bring the boss down. Of course there is the question of downtime in this case, but that's the reason they gave for limiting raids to 3 ppl only

ZeroCool
06-21-2013, 08:03 AM
The computer can't handle all the actions from 4 different users at one time, especially the mobile version.

Also, the effect from cards onto your opponent could not function right do to too many people playing different cards with different effects.

incitfulmonk21
06-21-2013, 08:13 AM
Actually carte's system works with all players playing at the same time and the computer has no problem processing it all. As long as everyone communicates what they are doing before they do it you don't have a bunch of weird effects canceling each other out. even counters can be handled by the card being played with all three players having a chance to react.

Honestly 3 player simultaneous raiding isn't as big as a problem as long as everyone communicates.

tl;dr Carte has counters, carte has 3 ppl simultaneous raiding, carte has effects, carte has board wipes. It's not that hard to implement.

Now will they who knows.

Shadowelf
06-21-2013, 08:28 AM
A

Carte has counters, carte has 3 ppl simultaneous raiding, carte has effects, carte has board wipes. It's not that hard to implement.

Now will they who knows.

U remind it of my favourite quote from Game of Thrones 'rhaegar fought valiantly rhaegar fought nobly rhaegar fought honorably. and rhaegar died' . And u know what? Carte is dying :P

incitfulmonk21
06-21-2013, 08:52 AM
Heh I am not saying hex should be more like carte. Only saying that it's not beyond the scope for CZE to do. Plus its not the raiding that is killing Carte its all the other nonsense that a company only wanting money does.

So far CZE has always put the players before there pocketbook and that alone would have been enough to earn my Ks pledge.