PDA

View Full Version : Why blood and wild cards don't have that metallic strip?

theophanya
06-21-2013, 09:13 AM
Every other color has them (in the upper right end), but blood and wild. What's with that?

greytemplar
06-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Flavor I believe. Wild and Blood magics were the true forms of magic. Where as after HEX crashed through the planet, you had artificial ways to access magic by using the HEX gems (Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby). So that strip could be a just another representation of that?

Daer
06-21-2013, 09:41 AM
It seems to be applied to the cards unevenly.

Master Beast Rider is a wild troop and has one. Its socketed so that could explain it but Warlock Inquisitor is a blood socketed troop and it doesn't have it and Shamed Gladiator is a blood socketed troop that does have it.

Goreseeker is a ruby Troop that doesn't have it.

greytemplar
06-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Goreseeker does have the strip (just checked).

But Wild and Blood socketed troops could lend more weight to my theory, as then they are using a (possibly) artificial way to augment their own powers. Where as non socketed Wild and Blood troops do not seem to have it from what I've seen.

Aradon
06-21-2013, 09:50 AM
Boulder Brute is socketable and does not have one, though.

Having looked over the cards on the website, it seems that all diamond, ruby, and sapphire cards have the strip, while blood & wild do not. Any deviations from this I suspect are due to unfinished templating. And I agree, it's probably just a design of the card frames for each color, representative of being natural or artificial magic.

nekoangel
06-21-2013, 09:52 AM
remember guys still pre alpha stuff going on here, there are other cards that have things others done too im sure they will get them all before full launch and its an easy thing to fix in the digital world =).

DjiN
06-21-2013, 10:08 AM
Just get rid of the metallic strip. Cards look a lot better without it.

Hibbert
06-21-2013, 10:25 AM
The stripe could have some mechanical purposes. Perhaps a card would give a bonus to all pure magic troops, or destroy all hex gem cards. Right now those cards could just be worded as blood/wild or diamond/sapphire/ruby. Maybe in later sets onyx/emerald gems or life/water/elemental pure magic show up.

I do think it's kinda ugly and intrusive though. If it is necessary for mechanical purposes, it seems like a smaller symbol could take it's place somewhere on the card frame.

Daer
06-21-2013, 10:46 AM
If it has no mechanical purpose I think it should go, the card templates without the strip look better.

Syeblaze
06-21-2013, 11:06 AM
I do think they are saving it for a mechanic. It seems like it should be possible for Emerald (wild) and Amythist/Garnet(blood) gems to come into play, too. Perhaps as an effect of gnomish/dwarvish tinkering, they can create gems. These blood or wild cards would still have a strip, even though they are blood or wild, because they use artificial gemcraft. Thats my thought, anyways.