PDA

View Full Version : Latest JtH Video - Wild Root Dancer Analysis (+ a PSA)

jaxsonbateman
06-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to open with a PSA here - I'm going on holiday next Tuesday... which means from that point on, no new videos for about two weeks, and no advanced drafting tactics on my channel until I get back. >.<

However, there are plenty of great fan content producers amongst the community, and I encourage you all to check out the list here: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24969

With that out of the way, my latest video is out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNNkCtwevEE

In this video we scrutinize Wild Root Dancer to see just how he might perform in the three major environments - that is, PvP constructed, drafting, and PvE. So just how good is this card? Is it likely to see play? Watch on and find out!

I feel like I learnt a lot from my last other card analysis videos and the feedback I received from them, so I'm confident this covers a large array of information about Wild Root Dancer and his potential applications. ;-) At just over 8 minutes dedicated to a single card, hopefully you can learn a lot about this amazing dancer!

Peace,

Jax

Armies
06-21-2013, 10:56 AM
I like using the +2/2 on warlock inquisitor with the when it comes into play effect deal damage equal to its attack, as the buff is permanent and whenever warlock inquisitor dies he comes back into your hand(a little more expensive) he keeps his +2/2 and making him an even bigger problem each time you kill him

Kroan
06-21-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry, but I couldn't finish watching the movie with the annoying up-beat music in the background. :(

jaxsonbateman
06-21-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm sorry, but I couldn't finish watching the movie with the annoying up-beat music in the background. :(
Too loud, or just not your cup of tea? I thought I had gotten a nice handle on the volume so it was there, but not overpowering. Personally, unless I have headphones in I can barely hear it at all. :-P

Jbizzi
06-21-2013, 12:02 PM
I didn't even know there was music playing.

Kroan
06-21-2013, 12:16 PM
Too loud, or just not your cup of tea? I thought I had gotten a nice handle on the volume so it was there, but not overpowering. Personally, unless I have headphones in I can barely hear it at all. :-P

It's a bit to much upbeat and distracting. You're trying to teach people, so music with an upbeat isn't really fit to be played in the background. Just my opinion obviously :)

Icepick
06-21-2013, 01:00 PM
I didn't really notice the music at all after the first minute or so.
Anyway, nice video. I'm a fan of this card - mentioned it briefly on Casual Hex yesterday!

syphonhail
06-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Rage Monger no longer has speed and is now a Veteran Gladiator. However, your point is still accurate.

jaxsonbateman
06-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Rage Monger no longer has speed and is now a Veteran Gladiator. However, your point is still accurate.
Oh is it? I thought it was the other way around, that Vet Gladiator had become Rage Monger. >.< My bad!

hammer
06-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Great video - I think you skipped over the "Unique" draw back when considering PVP constructed.

jaxsonbateman
06-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Great video - I think you skipped over the "Unique" draw back when considering PVP constructed.
He's not unique, unless they've changed him from the spoiler they released in the article a month or so ago. :-P

hammer
06-21-2013, 01:36 PM
sorry yes you are correct - not unique. Excellent video content

Carlgood2seeu
06-21-2013, 05:14 PM
Another great video. You really know how to analyze the crap out of cards. Have fun on you holiday. Oh, and congrats on the shout out in today's KS update ;)

Gwaer
06-21-2013, 05:18 PM
You just got a huge bump from the kickstarter, too. Going to miss out on all the hype, no one will remember you in two weeks.

DjiN
06-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Yup, time to cancel the plane tickets :p

wayne
06-21-2013, 07:58 PM
nice vid. have a nice trip.

IndigoShade
06-21-2013, 08:11 PM
I definitely see him being amazing in a deck along with Chlorophyllia and Eye of Creation since EoC lets you drop any and all resources revealed.

jaxsonbateman
06-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Omg, I can't believe I got a shoutout in the KS update, /squee!

Dralon
06-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Yep, grats on the KS shout out. The eyes of Cory are upon you. :)

Voices
06-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Well done, Jax. Getting better and better! Now, time to include yourself a bit more in your videos so that viewers can connect with you more directly?

Bailin
06-22-2013, 12:47 PM
I definitely see him being amazing in a deck along with Chlorophyllia and Eye of Creation since EoC lets you drop any and all resources revealed.

Good eye, but I'm not completely certain on EoC. EoC states "You may play any cards...", the keyword "play" often infers that you must be allowed to play it under normal restrictions, in this case being the 1 resource a turn. Obviously this could be completely different than their intention; we'll find out when we get comprehensive rules.

IndigoShade
06-22-2013, 12:52 PM
From "The Internship Experience" article:

"Eye of Creation is a one card combo all on its own. Pair it with a ton of sources, and youíve got yourself a deck full of awesome cards ready to fight at a momentís notice! There are tons of ways to make this card awesome, like Escalation cards, cards that manipulate the order of your deck, and cards that create copies that you want to put into play. Needless to say, when one these was played and you put a ton of resources into play and played all the actions, troops, and constants off of it, it spelled horrible times for your opponent, until they realized the real creation is what came off the second copy!

If you have any questions for me, or any of the other volunteers that worked on HEX, feel free to post in the forums. Iíd love to hear your thoughts on Eye of Creation, as itís one of my favorite cards, but Iíd also just love to talk more about the game! I know you all are as eager as I was to actually get to play the game, and until then Iíd love to help folks out with some questions they have!

Discuss this article in our forums! (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24383&p=230808#post230808)"

The wording in their article strongly indicates being able to play all of the resources revealed, and in the thread linked above, someone posted:
I'm assuming your talking about Eye of Creation.

Yes, Eye puts all revealed sources into play as well. Was confirmed in the Q&A stream.

Bailin
06-22-2013, 01:02 PM
Yikes! That's such a beast of a card even WITH my assumed restrictions. Hope they didn't push this one a touch too much. We won't know the full power creep until the other cards are seen, but if this is the official ruling this just went up another notch in my book.

incitfulmonk21
06-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Awesome video as always