PDA

View Full Version : UnderWorls Champions + something extra :)

GreyWorm
06-22-2013, 02:42 AM
I reWatched the trailer, and was wondering why there are only 10 underworld champions?
where are 4 races and 6 classes for each, that would make 24 for the underworld alone...

And other thing that I noticed... in the trailer, in 1:22, you can see the Champions info, the statistics are Wins:45 Losses: 85410 :D

Indormi
06-22-2013, 03:04 AM
This are only the underworld PVP champions, which are premade. This is to make PvP a more balanced experience.

GreyWorm
06-22-2013, 03:10 AM
Well, The balace can also be with 24 diffrent cards... But maybe that is a little to much for launch.
maybe they will add more in time, so that there will be more pvp options

Indormi
06-22-2013, 03:14 AM
They will add more in time, just an in PvE we wont have all race-class combiantions avaialbes at launch. They will be introduced in future updates.

FranzVonG
06-22-2013, 03:21 AM
They will add more in time, just an in PvE we wont have all race-class combiantions avaialbes at launch. They will be introduced in future updates.

Source for this? I thought all races/classes combinations were available at lauch...

Indormi
06-22-2013, 03:28 AM
They are 4 races per faction and the number of champs at release is less than number of races* number of classes I think this information was given on the non-offical AMA stream. (It was like a interview, but the streamers 80% of the time just use questions from chat)

Indormi
06-22-2013, 03:33 AM
Source for this? I thought all races/classes combinations were available at lauch...

You are right, I fucked up it was all PvP champs. You can make your PvE champ whatever class and race combination you want from start.

NaryaDL0re
06-22-2013, 03:58 AM
PVE: Everyone makes his own champion. (one of 48 combinations: classes*races*factions)

PVP: Every set(or block) there will be new 20(probably?) PvP balanced pre-made Heros, 10 for each faktion.
Probably 4 for each shard/color.

Sources for both statements can be found in multiple interviews and updates on the kickstarter page.
Too lazy to search for them myself right now.

So yeah... there will be new heros all the time, when the format in pvp shifts.
As for Pve updates, that will depend if new "blocks"/"expansions" bring new races/classes...probably yes.

Also, keep in mind that its almost unfair to refer to both these types as "heros".
They are fundamentally different in their strength, growth, etc.
In Pve you Hero will gain multiple stats increases (health, attack, stuff) multiple hero-abilities etc etc etc.

PvE will be an entirely different feeling of gameplay, with your heros having a 100 times bigger impact on the game.
While in PvP its a smoth 20 health, 1 ability frame for certain archetypes that profit from certain hero powers.

GreyWorm
06-22-2013, 03:59 AM
Each class has it's own uniqe talents..
Do we know how the race we choose effects the game?

NaryaDL0re
06-22-2013, 04:03 AM
we know it affects dialogue, storyline, probably not a lot of balance though.
Its far more realistic to balance 6 classes in Pve to be reasonably close in efficiency,
than to balance 48 fundamentally different characters. Actually thats impossible for humans
without absurd amounts of generalization.

Fireblast
06-22-2013, 04:18 AM
PVE: Everyone makes his own champion. (one of 48 combinations: classes*races*factions)

Actually its classes*races*gender = 6*8*2 = 96

~

GreyWorm
06-22-2013, 04:44 AM
I think that gender will play a minor part if any... but that's for us to see when the game comes out.
in order & chaos they had 4 races and 4 classes and each uniqe... but here there is much more content...

Syeblaze
06-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Well, if you count each set of pve hero portraits as a unique character, then it would actually be 48 for ardent, and 40 for underworld. Both the spider guys and he dwarves are male only.