PDA

View Full Version : Guild question concerning mixed faction.

Ennarian
06-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Are guilds faction exclusive or can you play with your friends no matter what race/faction they chose? I didn't see anyone ask this question and I wanted it clarified. I don't want to end up picking a race that isn't able to play with the races of my friends.

EDIT: To clarify: If I wanted to play Dwarves and my friend wanted to play Humans, could we be in the same guild?

Niedar
06-22-2013, 03:04 AM
No.

Ennarian
06-22-2013, 03:08 AM
No. Can you supply a link to this information?

Indormi
06-22-2013, 03:17 AM
Factions should only change you PvE dungeon/quest experience as different races have different scripts for each dungeon. You can still join your friends in a guild and raid togethere. It is not completly known what they are doing to make factions impactfull while not limiting the experience, but they told us in one of the streams that they were working on it.

Ennarian
06-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Factions should only change you PvE dungeon/quest experience as different races have different scripts for each dungeon. You can still join your friends in a guild and raid togethere. It is not completly known what they are doing to make factions impactfull while not limiting the experience, but they told us in one of the streams that they were working on it.
Ok. This is an answer I like. I hope they'll confirm how guilds and factions will work in greater detail in an update or news post before the Alpha/Beta time.

Niedar
06-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Can you supply a link to this information?

Not really, I don't have a clue where a link to that is. Just have to believe me when I say no.

Hexmage
06-22-2013, 04:18 AM
If they don't even limit faction cards in a single deck, I would highly doubt they would limit with which other Keeps your Keep can have an alliance/ guild with.

Arbiter
06-22-2013, 05:27 AM
We haven't got a firm answer yet. There was some talk initially of one faction per account (because the account was going to be your Underworld or Argent Keep), but they are very likely to change that due to player feedback. On the basis that guilds are very likely to be joined by accounts and not characters in this game, and the fact that they are looking to make accounts able to be both factions (automatically making guilds multi-faction), I would suspect that guilds and possibly also raids/group content won't be faction restricted, in fact they can't be if they allow both factions but we won't know.

Raid entry is supposedly locked behind various dungeons, so as some dungeons are one faction only (I suspect not many but the preview last week listed a couple), if there are raids there as well, the raids will also be one faction only.

Qorsair
06-22-2013, 11:52 AM
The last word on it was "we haven't decided". They haven't decided if they will limit the champions to grouping within the same faction or not. I believe the first issue they're working on is if they want you to have one Keep that all your champions are associated with, or if there's one Keep for Ardent and one Keep for Underworld. If it's the latter, it would be more likely to be unable to group cross-faction.