PDA

View Full Version : Replicator's Gambit/Unique card

Enuncia
06-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Not sure if this was already asked, but:
As we saw in the humans v. Orks twitch feed, cards that are "unique" can only have one copy in play at a time. But what happens when I play Replicator's gambit on such a card?

Ex. Say I have a sapphire/diamond coyotle deck, and play Replicator's gambit on Ozawa. When I successfully redraw Ozawa, do I make the 6 copies as per that effect? Or will this override the "unique" rule and give me multiple Ozawas?

Like I said not sure if this has been answered already, but didn't want to try to scroll through the whole forum on an iPad.

jaxsonbateman
06-23-2013, 08:44 AM
When the real Ozawa enters the battlefield - the one you play from your hand, with the trigger - you'll create 6 copies with that trigger and put them into play.

While we don't have a rules document or anything at this stage, it's a good guess that when those other 6 enter play, either 6 of them or all 7 will go to the graveyard (depending on if they go with the "all but one get binned" or "all get binned" rule).

Mr.Funsocks
06-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Pretty sure they said it's all but one, in one of the streams where he had a 2nd unique to play he intimated that.

Shadowelf
06-23-2013, 09:33 AM
I bet that all unique copies will go to the graveyard; the trick here is to use uniques with come into play effects , as the come into play effect will trigger first.

ossuary
06-23-2013, 10:40 AM
From http://hextcg.com/card-overview/

"Restriction: You’ll find card restrictions here. If a card is Unique, each player may only have 1 of that particular card in play. Any others must be immediately sent to the graveyard."

It does not clarify if the oldest one goes to the graveyard, or if the newer one does. But each side can only have one in play.

Malicus
06-23-2013, 01:21 PM
Replicators gambit will work great with a lot of cards but since taking one out of play with a good in play effect or use effect is a bad trade off so the best bet is a good comes into play effect which maximises return while minimising loss. Efficiency etc are sometimes no fun though. 7 bucktooth commanders coming into play in 1 turn would be awesome but tossing away a commander is terrible :(

jaxsonbateman
06-23-2013, 01:35 PM
It's card disadvantage and lessens your board position - it's rarely a good thing. Unless you're playing something like Ascetic Aspirant (for The Transcended) odds are that you won't see the troop again.

Shadowelf
06-23-2013, 02:04 PM
It's card disadvantage and lessens your board position - it's rarely a good thing. Unless you're playing something like Ascetic Aspirant (for The Transcended) odds are that you won't see the troop again.

In pvp rep's gambit isn't that exciting, in pve however the odds are increasing by using the mirrorblade equipment; makes it bordeline playable at least

jaxsonbateman
06-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Both the equipment is good; the gloves make it card neutral if you're able to RG a troop in response to spot removal. However, the issue with gloves and the weap (and probably all equipment :-P) is that they share slots with even better equipment on other cards. >.<

I will probably play it + Aspirant in a PvE deck though.