PDA

View Full Version : Champions in Draft?

Shinsaku17
06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed in another thread, but I looked around and didn't see this question answered anywhere. Are champions going to be incorporated into draft? If so, will it be something you'll have to set up prior to the draft (like a setting for a default drafting champion) or will it be something you select after drafting your cards while you're building your deck? If no, I'm curious to see how "no champion" play will effect the gameplay. I can see how cards that have abilities that interact with champions (for example... Charge Bot) would lose draft value depending on whether or not there is a champion in play and I find this interesting. Thanks in advance for any answers/thoughts you all may have.

Avaian
06-23-2013, 03:21 PM
You will be able to choose champions in Drafts. You will choose them while you are building your deck.

Shadowelf
06-23-2013, 03:25 PM
Hmm maybe u get to choose a hero once u finish drafting ur deck ? It doesn't make sense, for drafts, to choose before knowing with what kind of deck u might end up with. And the choice can be either heroes u have created (ur hero's pool) or every hero available (game's pool)

Mr.Funsocks
06-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Hmm maybe u get to choose a hero once u finish drafting ur deck ? It doesn't make sense, for drafts, to choose before knowing with what kind of deck u might end up with. And the choice can be either heroes u have created (ur hero's pool) or every hero available (game's pool)

No, just the PvP heros in PvP.

Icepick
06-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Choosing a Champion is done at the same time as deck construction - it's done in the same screen. You draft all your cards, then enter the deck editor and build your deck/select your Champion.

Shadowelf
06-23-2013, 03:34 PM
You will be able to choose champions in Drafts. You will choose them while you are building your deck.

Choosing a Champion is done at the same time as deck construction - it's done in the same screen. You draft all your cards, then enter the deck editor and build your deck/select your Champion.

Yeap this sounds like the most reasonable way to it

Shinsaku17
06-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the quick response. You're all awesome. Any ideas where I can read more about this process? You folks seem very informed. I guess I need to read more. =)

ossuary
06-23-2013, 03:38 PM
A lot of the people who have been here the longest or know the most found out about the Kickstarter early, and rabidly consumed all of the available material as soon as each tantalizing drop became available. :)

If you want to get a basic idea for how the game works, go to hextcg.com and read all the game info pieces and articles there. If you want to see the game in action, go to their twitch feed and watch the couple of saved videos they have there of actual gameplay sessions with the developers. In one of the streams in particular, they had just patched the game and it broke the multiplayer connections, so they spent the whole hour answering questions instead (it was awesome). Deep source of info there.

Enjoy. :)

jaxsonbateman
06-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Just to add to this, while I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere, it's highly likely that you won't be able sideboard your champion, and will be stuck with it for the duration of the tournament.

Shadowelf
06-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Just to add to this, while I don't think it has been confirmed anywhere, it's highly likely that you won't be able sideboard your champion, and will be stuck with it for the duration of the tournament.

In the heroes aspect, hex seems to be sharing a lot with wowtcg, and this signifies that the hero choice will be final; not that it makes sense to side ur champion in and out :P

jaxsonbateman
06-23-2013, 04:13 PM
In the heroes aspect, hex seems to be sharing a lot with wowtcg, and this signifies that the hero choice will be final; not that it makes sense to side ur champion in and out :P
Well from a strategy point of view (and not a lore point of view) if you were playing, say, blood/diamond and started with Gozzog, but then came up against a super aggressive deck, you might prefer Dimmid. ;-)

Shinsaku17
06-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Thank you, ossuary. I've been tracking the game for a while and have just recently decided to jump out from the shadows and be social (putting an end to my stalking ways). I've been through/lived through all of the media that you've mentioned and more and I don't recall stumbling over this info, so that's why I turned to the forums. Thanks again for all the help. If anyone has any links to media where this particular topic is discussed that would be excellent.