PDA

View Full Version : What Deck will you build

sckolar
06-23-2013, 07:22 PM
So, here is the question: What Deck do you think you will build in HEX? Will it be offensive, or defensive, or a little bit of both? Will you rely on strong troops that are hard to play (High resource) or weak troops that are easy to play (Low resource) Obviously we don't know all the details, but based off what you know, Let me hear it! I'm interested.

Gwaer
06-23-2013, 07:23 PM
http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?s=84,94&qt=59,1

sckolar
06-23-2013, 07:25 PM

*Is dumb founded*

Whhhoooooaaaa...

Tathel
06-23-2013, 07:28 PM
Really need to see more cards. I've been fooling around with draft though and had a kinda sweet blood/ruby drafted deck. MTG i'm much more likely to go U/R or U/B but I need to see more sapphire before saying anything cause right now sapphire is pretty much dwarf / artifact... which i'm not sure i like yet

sckolar
06-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Really need to see more cards. I've been fooling around with draft though and had a kinda sweet blood/ruby drafted deck. MTG i'm much more likely to go U/R or U/B but I need to see more sapphire before saying anything cause right now sapphire is pretty much dwarf / artifact... which i'm not sure i like yet

Well, I can tell you that I have been trying to figure out if I want a balanced deck or not to be quite honest. I also thought that this would be predictable. I'm trying to think of ways to build an interesting deck in terms of kind.

SomeoneRandom
06-23-2013, 07:42 PM
With the current cards revealed I think the starting format will be pretty slow and as such I am looking at Blood/Diamond control or straight Blood control. If Sapphire gets some of the cards I am expecting it to there is also a good chance at a strong Sapphire tempo deck, or a Sapphire/Blood Deck.

I also want to make a couple eye of creation decks, but I only really see two builds for it right now, we will have to see what else is revealed. Can I go to sleep and wake up with the alpha being released?

Grissnap
06-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Step one for any new set: build the most aggressive deck possible. I'll likely be making Shin'hare and mono ruby decks to start.

SomeoneRandom
06-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Step one for any new set: build the most aggressive deck possible. I'll likely be making Shin'hare and mono ruby decks to start.

That certainly is the easiest way to go about it, but based on the difference in strength level of the aggressive VS the control cards I don't think aggro will have more than 1-2 playable archetypes. Control and mid-range just seem far too strong in this first set. Granted we have only seen 150ish of the cards so far, but I don't think it will change much

Malicus
06-23-2013, 07:56 PM

Looks like you are a fan of mulligans

Auriok
06-23-2013, 07:57 PM
We can only have one? I would like to play bunnies but they were underpowered when i tested them in vegas ( please buff)
Ill prob play blood control because all blood spells are op compared to other colors. Or orc rush.
But nothing is final

Mr.Funsocks
06-23-2013, 08:22 PM
All of them.

Vomitlord
06-24-2013, 07:00 AM
I'm formulating a diamond/ruby deck in my head. basically plenty of lifegain and burn then plonk an inferno down. Would love to get ozawa cosmic elder out as well.

ZeroCool
06-24-2013, 08:15 AM
Personally, until more cards are released it's hard for me to say. Depends on a lot...

jai151
06-24-2013, 08:32 AM
I really want to build a mill/necro deck, but the pieces just aren't all there yet.

Kami
06-24-2013, 08:37 AM
For me, currently experimenting with the concept of: http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?did=32

That's unlikely to be final but until we get a full card list for Set 1 (possibly Sets 2-6 as well), that's just the starting point.

Punk
06-24-2013, 08:41 AM
I will be building just about every arch type of deck. My favorite is Combo, but this may take a few sets to be as strong as I would like it. I will start by building a control deck.

Dragonzero
06-24-2013, 09:28 AM
I like the insanity that is produced by Slivers and Murlocks. Overrun.

Something about small insignificant creatures working as a team to just devour what ever stands in front of them is fun to me. (Not a fan of board wipes.) Anything that will put my opponent on edge. I don't want to be casually rofl stomped. I hope that rabbits won't be the only way achieve this but, whatever it takes to win!

I am aware that there are standard ways to deal with overrun, but it always has it's place in the competition.