PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Champions Explained

funktion
06-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Just published another video! This time explaining the simpler mechanics of champions as well as some of the more intricate ones which you might not yet have considered.

Check it out here FunktionFails (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAn5ixNIVcg) and let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Zomnivore
06-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Cool

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:45 AM
You and Jax the Hexer should totally just team up, and make videos together, or separate but as a team. This would stop you guys from covering the same things each week and would also cut down on the competition between each other, or you could still keep that competition but still work together, furthermore you would be able to cover things in the game, ideas and game mechanics much quickers as you both wont be double dipping. I think it would be cool if you guys could teamed up, it worked with hextcgpro.com so why not you guys??? :D

funktion
06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Yeah, the two of us have been talking already. Going to do some videos together when he gets back from his trip most likely. Might have some bigger things lined up even... we'll see...

wererat
06-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Decent videos overall with good detail. The one thing I want to mention though is your presentation. Stumbling on words, saying um, small pauses while you gulp. These are all things everyone has done at some point in a presentation. Its these little things that can throw off the flow of a presentation and gives off a bad vibe to the audience.

Simple rehersal is the best way to fix these issues. Practicing your script out loud in front of a mirror a few times does wonders. In terms of saying 'um' alot, you just need to find a better gap filler word while your brain catches up with your speech. 'so', 'with that', 'moving on', 'next', etc. all work.

Chiany
06-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Decent videos overall with good detail. The one thing I want to mention though is your presentation. Stumbling on words, saying um, small pauses while you gulp. These are all things everyone has done at some point in a presentation. Its these little things that can throw off the flow of a presentation and gives off a bad vibe to the audience.

Simple rehersal is the best way to fix these issues. Practicing your script out loud in front of a mirror a few times does wonders. In terms of saying 'um' alot, you just need to find a better gap filler word while your brain catches up with your speech. 'so', 'with that', 'moving on', 'next', etc. all work.

You beat me to it with the suggestions, I really like the videos content otherwise, keep it up.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, the two of us have been talking already. Going to do some videos together when he gets back from his trip most likely. Might have some bigger things lined up even... we'll see...

Well hopefully you guys do, ill be more inclined to watch both your videos then :D

funktion
06-24-2013, 06:27 PM
@wererat & chiany; Thanks a ton for the feedback, I really do appreciate it. Right now I'm trying to experiment with a few different methods of recording and editing. This video I did completely unscripted with just a couple bullet points I wanted to hit, I feel like while it might have felt more "natural" the off the top of the head pace and pauses definitely detracts from it quite a bit. I'm not really satisfied with how this video turned out, but I wanna try and work out the kinks early on right now.

I've gotta say, doing things unscripted is much easier for me when it's audio only, the uh's and um's can be editted out without any effort at all. I have an extremely easy time editing audio files, there's nothing to it, but for whatever reason I just can't find video editing software that I feel comfortable with or that is compatible with the other stuff I'm running.

I might try recording the audio and video seperately and then combining them, that might be the better route if I continue to try to do things unscripted. I like the idea of doing it more naturally, it just takes a lot more practice to be able to flow like that.

On a final note, if anyone has any suggestions for video editing software that will also show the sound waves simultaneously, lemme know because I can't seem to find one that isn't super clunky : (