PDA

View Full Version : KS Tiers as In-game Titles

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 01:09 AM
It would be cool to have our KS Tiers as in-game titles. So when someone is scrolling for potential oppnents they will see your name, then your KS tier name and then a little image of it.

- Other titles that can be gained through pve, pvp and achievements
- Able to turn titles off

Kickstarter Tier title

e.g.
(NAME) 793 (IMAGE)

Kickstarter Backer titles

e.g.
(NAME) 795

Pros:
- Shows pride for the tier you bought and the game
- Bragging rights
- Shows you have been supporting this game from the beginning
- Others would more likely listen to you, join your guild or interact with you more because of your tier title
- Way for Raid Leaders and Guild Masters to get that extra attention when recruiting for guilds or raids

Cons:
- May make others jealous
- Target to abuse - others annoying you for your cards
- Target of Hackers

What do you guys think? :D

Grissnap
06-24-2013, 01:13 AM
No thanks, I don't want to advertise.

hammer
06-24-2013, 01:26 AM
Bad idea - will just lead to jealous and / or abuse.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 01:36 AM
No thanks, I don't want to advertise.
Well that can be easily fixed by being able to turn it on or off.

Bad idea - will just lead to jealous and / or abuse.
I dont know why anyone would abuse them, btw the idea is so you can publicly display that you have been supporting this game since the beginning and for some bragging rights. Plus i think it would be cool to able to see if a producer, primal or the only 1 immortal backer is playing the game, plus i wouldn't be jealous (i am a only squire backer btw) of these guys i think it would just be to cool these people to display their initiative :D

SeaOfInsanity
06-24-2013, 01:37 AM
I don't think it's a good or bad idea. Others have done it, a project I backed called Carmageddon Reincarnation for instance.
The Good: May give you a feeling of pride to show others that you contributed to the success of the kickstarter.
The Bad: As someone said above, people may get the impression your trying to promote your superiority whether intended or not. (that does depend on the individuals attitude as well though).
I personally wouldn't use it because, again as someone above said, I don't feel the need to advertise it. Just knowing I was involved is enough.
Also CZE's generosity with gifts during the kickstarter could compound on that feeling of jealousy so I would lean towards it not being such a great idea. By all means put it in your signature though, i've seen people doing that.
Well that was a longer post than I intended.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 01:41 AM
I don't think it's a good or bad idea. Others have done it, a project I backed called Carmageddon Reincarnation for instance.
The Good: May give you a feeling of pride to show others that you contributed to the success of the kickstarter.
The Bad: As someone said above, people may get the impression your trying to promote your superiority whether intended or not. (that does depend on the individuals attitude as well though).
I personally wouldn't use it because, again as someone above said, I don't feel the need to advertise it. Just knowing I was involved is enough.
Also CZE's generosity with gifts during the kickstarter could compound on that feeling of jealousy so I would lean towards it not being such a great idea. By all means put it in your signature though, i've seen people doing that.
Well that was a longer post than I intended.

Lol yeh some good points their, but the positive to this, as i stated before is to be able to show your initiative in supporting this game, and it is indeed to show your pride in not only in your character but in being able to have been in this game from the beginning.

Now clearly if you dont want to advertise this you could easily turn it off. Plus if they did implement titles into the game then you could easily change your title into something other than your KS tier title.

Shadowelf
06-24-2013, 01:44 AM
Not to mention the fact that ur account becomes 'target locked' for hackers. You got ur sleeves or mercs if u want to display ur tier.

majin
06-24-2013, 01:50 AM
bad idea, we already have the sleeves if we want to advertise our pledges

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Not to mention the fact that ur account becomes 'target locked' for hackers. You got ur sleeves or mercs if u want to display ur tier.

yep agreed, just added to the original post, but when their are negatives there are positives, and if and when hacking starts within Hex, everyone will be a potential victim, as with all MMO's,

e.g. I am the recent World Champion, wouldnt I become a large target for hacking with all my new shiny winnings?

What i am trying to say hacking will always be a problem in MMO's, that is why we have things like authenticators and other types of security measures like the card tracking that Cryptizoic will be inplementing.

keldrin
06-24-2013, 01:53 AM
If anything, a founder title should be enough. I think it a mistake to have something like Raid leader attached to my account name. The jealousy is one issue. The hacker target another. But the being singled out for people begging for cards/equipment, or even just please raid with me, we need a raid leader, could get really old, really fast.
At some point, I may end up dropping the tier pledge from my forum signature, if it starts to cause me problems.
In another thread, some people where saying they wouldn't be using the kickstarter sleeves, to avoid it identifying them as having a kickstarter account. I'm guessing raid leaders blessing will be a give away, so I'll be using my sleeves and champions.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 01:55 AM
bad idea, we already have the sleeves if we want to advertise our pledges

Thing is, it can only be seen by versing the actual player, and it really doesnt advertise our pledges, for one i dont remember what sleeves belong to what tiers and future players wont either, furthermore sleeves arent really for showing that, its more as a visual add/change to your game like the different playmats cryptizoic will be adding.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 01:58 AM
If anything, a founder title should be enough. I think it a mistake to have something like Raid leader attached to my account name. The jealousy is one issue. The hacker target another. But the being singled out for people begging for cards/equipment, or even just please raid with me, we need a raid leader, could get really old, really fast.
At some point, I may end up dropping the tier pledge from my forum signature, if it starts to cause me problems.
In another thread, some people where saying they wouldn't be using the kickstarter sleeves, to avoid it identifying them as having a kickstarter account. I'm guessing raid leaders blessing will be a give away, so I'll be using my sleeves and champions.

It will be optional, if you dont want it, dont use it, also this led me thread idea led me to the idea of different titles being gained through pve, pvp and achievement, so if want a title but not you ks one, than you could easily to change to the one that were earned.

majin
06-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Thing is, it can only be seen by versing the actual player, and it really doesnt advertise our pledges, for one i dont remember what sleeves belong to what tiers and future players wont either, furthermore sleeves arent really for showing that, its more as a visual add/change to your game like the different playmats cryptizoic will be adding.

true, i don't even know what sleeves designs are for what tier too but I expect that there will be a fan page that will list all the sleeves and people will eventually memorize them.

just like seeing a character in an MMO wearing a unique weapon or armor that changes their character skin / look, people eventually get used to it and memorize what each items came from (boss, achievement, etc)

sleeves will only be useful in matches but it is really not a good idea to advertise what level you pledge. i for one will probably use the low level tier sleeves during matches and not the pro tier sleeve

Punk
06-24-2013, 02:00 AM
I do not like this idea one bit. As mentioned before, you have your sleeves. Show those off if you want to show something off. I personally do not want to advertise how much I pledged. I have already made some snide comments to those who think that have been advertising what they donated in their signature who also had the mindset that they were a more important person than anyone who backed less than them. Having even more ways to flaunt what you have backed is catering to this mindset some people have.

Having special titles for PvE and PvP accomplishments is a good idea as you are showing off what you have done, not how much money you spent or when you spent that money.

Chiany
06-24-2013, 02:01 AM
I think it's a bad idea, simply because some ppl want to brag about there tiers.
As other mentioned, there are already options for that (sleeves, exclusive cards etc.)

For PVE it's one thing, for PVP completely another.

So if you ask me, NO!!

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:07 AM
I do not like this idea one bit. As mentioned before, you have your sleeves. Show those off if you want to show something off. I personally do not want to advertise how much I pledged. I have already made some snide comments to those who think that have been advertising what they donated in their signature who also had the mindset that they were a more important person than anyone who backed less than them. Having even more ways to flaunt what you have backed is catering to this mindset some people have.

Having special titles for PvE and PvP accomplishments is a good idea as you are showing off what you have done, not how much money you spent or when you spent that money.

Wow everyone is against my idea :(

Once again ill say it is an optional thing, plus i dont really see it as someone showing that their above everyone else, i myself am a squire backer because i dont have a lot of money, but i just think it would be cool to give the option for others to show it off of they want to.

Also if than that immortal used it, it would be cool because he would be the only one with it.

But it is nice that you liked my PvE and PvP title idea :D

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:09 AM
I think it's a bad idea, simply because some ppl want to brag about there tiers.
As other mentioned, there are already options for that (sleeves, exclusive cards etc.)

For PVE it's one thing, for PVP completely another.

So if you ask me, NO!!

Well i dont see a problem with other wanting to show off their tiers. If you dont want to use it, you dont have to.

true, i don't even know what sleeves designs are for what tier too but I expect that there will be a fan page that will list all the sleeves and people will eventually memorize them.

just like seeing a character in an MMO wearing a unique weapon or armor that changes their character skin / look, people eventually get used to it and memorize what each items came from (boss, achievement, etc)

sleeves will only be useful in matches but it is really not a good idea to advertise what level you pledge. i for one will probably use the low level tier sleeves during matches and not the pro tier sleeve

I dont think alot people would bother memorizing what specific sleeves were tied to which tier, also i do not really care for sleeves, unless this was physical tcg than i would be all about them, for protecting those precious cards of mine.

Why cant titles be used in the same way? plus as I said many times, if poeple dont want to use their KS title, they can turn it OFF or choose a PVP, PVE or achievement title instead.

Punk
06-24-2013, 02:12 AM

Once again ill say it is an optional thing, plus i dont really see it as someone showing that their above everyone else, i myself am a squire backer because i dont have a lot of money, but i just think it would be cool to give the option for others to show it off of they want to.

Also if than that immortal used it, it would be cool because he would be the only one with it.

If you really wanted something implemented for Kickstarter backers specifically, on top of sleeves and things like that, you could put a tiny green 'K' next to someone's name or on their in-game account screen. This could be done very subtly and wouldn't be degrading towards people who don't have it.

An example of what image I am speaking of can be found as the Favicon on the http://www.kickstarter.com/ site.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:21 AM
If you really wanted something implemented for Kickstarter backers specifically, on top of sleeves and things like that, you could put a tiny green 'K' next to someone's name or on their in-game account screen. This could be done very subtly and wouldn't be degrading towards people who don't have it.

An example of what image I am speaking of can be found as the Favicon on the http://www.kickstarter.com/ site.

Its not that I really want it, just thought it was a cool idea, yeh and i was thinking of the the KS-backer title/icon, but thought the KS-tiers where more of a personalized thing. Plus i think your being a bit oversensitive (no offence) by calling it degrading to others, say if i joined Guild wars 2, and there where people who had beta specific titles or armour, or spent money to get this really cool item or titles, i wouldnt find that degrading at all, i might be a bit jealous, but there so many other items in that game i could easily get that are as equally cool. :)

Chiany
06-24-2013, 02:24 AM

But why do YOU want it?

I read all the Pro's you wrote in your first post, and all 4 come over on me as:

Look at me, I am awesome.

So if you wanna brag about it, just say so.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:27 AM
But why do YOU want it?

I read all the Pro's you wrote in your first post, and all 4 come over on me as:

Look at me, I am awesome.

So if you wanna brag about it, just say so.

Im a squire, thats not really much to brag about. Plus it just to show that i have been a supporter for this game from the beginning. Its not for my individual bragging rights, i just thought it would be cool if others could show their titles off.

Also just because some one is using a title doesn't mean he wants to be a douche to everyone and treat everyone as they were inferior.

ConnorJS
06-24-2013, 02:32 AM
Not gunna be good for non KS players which will be the majority of them. You've got enough rewards, leave it at that ;D

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:37 AM
Not gunna be good for non KS players which will be the majority of them. You've got enough rewards, leave it at that ;D

I dont really see how it is bad for non KS players, they could probably see they KS players as veterans, whom they could ask help for and what not, unless of course he ends up being a douche.

Plus i dont think 10 boosters is gonna last me long, is it bad i want more?

AstaSyneri
06-24-2013, 02:56 AM
In general it's a good idea to offer any titles due, but allow the user the choice and have "none" as a default. I vaguely remember something like this from the Battlefield series of games (and probably lots of other games who do similar things), where you could unlock dog tags with certain "scratched in" designs for achievements and select one of them to be displayed on your status page (or so - don't remember exactly).

If somebody wants to flaunt his Kickstarter backing status - why not? We certainly use in-guild forum icons that are derived of our Kickstarter tier, so GambitKing's idea is certainly not that far-fetched ;-).

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 03:02 AM
In general it's a good idea to offer any titles due, but allow the user the choice and have "none" as a default. I vaguely remember something like this from the Battlefield series of games (and probably lots of other games who do similar things), where you could unlock dog tags with certain "scratched in" designs for achievements and select one of them to be displayed on your status page (or so - don't remember exactly).

If somebody wants to flaunt his Kickstarter backing status - why not? We certainly use in-guild forum icons that are derived of our Kickstarter tier, so GambitKing's idea is certainly not that far-fetched ;-).

THANK THE HEAVENS FOR THIS PERSON :D

Finally a positive response to my idea! Everything you said is exactly what i was thinking, except i mainly got it from runescape and how cool the dragon lord text looks. Exactly if someone wants to use it why not?, if others games use similar concepts why not? if you can turn titles off, then why not? if everyone is flaunting their titles in the forums why not? i think everyone else is just being really overly negative about my idea, and im probably the on the lowest tier (squire) compared to everyone else here, and i see no problems whatsoever for others in showing off their title :D

Punk
06-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Its not that I really want it, just thought it was a cool idea, yeh and i was thinking of the the KS-backer title/icon, but thought the KS-tiers where more of a personalized thing. Plus i think your being a bit oversensitive (no offence) by calling it degrading to others, say if i joined Guild wars 2, and there where people who had beta specific titles or armour, or spent money to get this really cool item or titles, i wouldnt find that degrading at all, i might be a bit jealous, but there so many other items in that game i could easily get that are as equally cool. :)

None taken.

I very well could be a little over sensitive at this point. This is mostly in regards to the point of view some backers have towards others who have a lower tier then them and thinking they are a less significant member of the community. My distaste has turned into detest for these individuals and the tier names because of this.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 03:19 AM
None taken.

I very well could be a little over sensitive at this point. This is mostly in regards to the point of view some backers have towards others who have a lower tier then them and thinking they are a less significant member of the community. My distaste has turned into detest for these individuals and the tier names because of this.

Your concern is of merit, but with all games, you are going to have your trolls, whiners and sore losers as with all games, but why disadvantage others who may find this idea cool and may wanna use it, because a minority will take advantage of it? This applies to many other ideas, specifically where their is pay-to-win elements involved where people may get a superior-complex mindset due to this, but it is a minority, whom shouldnt hinder the experience for others. :)

AstaSyneri
06-24-2013, 03:27 AM
THANK THE HEAVENS FOR THIS PERSON :D

Finally a positive response to my idea!

Hehe. For once something I don't object to be written in capital letters ;).

I believe the key thing - and something that rightfully people would get riled up over if it were missing - is that the display has to be entirely optional. A lot of systems in video games are about bragging rights, and incentive to keep players stay in a game longer (and to eventually buy DLC/the next version or just to attract more late comers who find out about the game late).

I tried to find out exactly how the dog tag system in BF3 works, but I only found how to get them (http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Dog_Tag), not necessarily how exactly they are being used.

In Hex - if you get a choice of displaying your KS status on an equal footing with e.g. similar "badges" for defeating Raid Box XYZ or qualifying for the World Championship, I don't see why that would be a bad thing (again: With the provision of being absolutely the player's choice of whether to display any "tag" at all).

In our guild I chose to display my Raid Leader status, because that's the most important to know for my guildmates later when we build raid groups. In Hex itself I'd likely start out with that, and drift towards raid achievement tags later on.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Hehe. For once something I don't object to be written in capital letters ;).

I believe the key thing - and something that rightfully people would get riled up over if it were missing - is that the display has to be entirely optional. A lot of systems in video games are about bragging rights, and incentive to keep players stay in a game longer (and to eventually buy DLC/the next version or just to attract more late comers who find out about the game late).

I tried to find out exactly how the dog tag system in BF3 works, but I only found how to get them (http://www.ign.com/wikis/battlefield-3/Dog_Tag), not necessarily how exactly they are being used.

In Hex - if you get a choice of displaying your KS status on an equal footing with e.g. similar "badges" for defeating Raid Box XYZ or qualifying for the World Championship, I don't see why that would be a bad thing (again: With the provision of being absolutely the player's choice of whether to display any "tag" at all).

In our guild I chose to display my Raid Leader status, because that's the most important to know for my guildmates later when we build raid groups. In Hex itself I'd likely start out with that, and drift towards raid achievement tags later on.

LOL No worries mate anytime ;)

I completely agree with you, and have said several times to others it is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and yeh if i were World Champ, i would definitely flaunt a titles saying "HEX TCG WORLD CHAMPION 2013" and I definitely see no problem at all with that. Its a way of showing your achievements.

Also I exactly said that in a my original post, its way for Raid Leaders and Guild Masters to get that extra attention when recruiting for guilds or raids, in no way is it a negative to any person.

Shadowelf
06-24-2013, 04:31 AM
As in everything i like ppl having choices; so if there is an option to switch it off, then it wouldn't bother me.

Justinkp
06-24-2013, 04:42 AM
I'm already worried that the incredible value of the KS rewards will turn quite a few people off and cause a number of people not to play. We'll probably be getting lots and lots of angry whining about the tiers. The best thing for the game in the long term is to disassociate itself from the KS rewards. Many people will view this as "having their noses rubbed in what they can't have" and will just lead to more whining. I'd rather have as little mention as possible of the KS on these forums and the game so would prefer no titles, optional or not.

Justin

jai151
06-24-2013, 05:20 AM
Guys, I'm pretty sure they've never even said titles are in the game. I doubt they are, as the sleeves serve that function and would be earned in the same way titles would.

AstaSyneri
06-24-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm already worried that the incredible value of the KS rewards will turn quite a few people off and cause a number of people not to play. We'll probably be getting lots and lots of angry whining about the tiers. The best thing for the game in the long term is to disassociate itself from the KS rewards. Many people will view this as "having their noses rubbed in what they can't have" and will just lead to more whining. I'd rather have as little mention as possible of the KS on these forums and the game so would prefer no titles, optional or not.

Justin

I am not worried. The key is the booster price. At $2 you simply can afford this game much more easily than e.g. Magic. In addition you get the PvE experience. You get a good to great game with already 17K players for one third the price. The rest is just bonus.

wildcard
06-24-2013, 05:56 AM
I try not to speak out against optional ideas, so I won't discourage CZE from implementing this if enough people want it. Just going to say that displaying your kickstarter backer tier, whether in game or on the forums, makes me think a bit less of you. I may or may not be alone in that regard, but it just looks arrogant. The only thing that backing this Kickstarter required was a credit card, and finding out about it during a 30 day window. It's nothing like investing in a young independent artist that you helped get off the ground, which you later want to wear as a badge of honor. It boils down to "I heard about this and had money at the time", and the more disposable income you had the more you could throw at it.

During the campaign, advertising your tier had the effect of letting others considering pledging $250-$1000 that they're not the only wacko in the world. I know it did for me. Now though? I'd be much happier to see all mention of the Kickstarter scrubbed from signatures and badges, and get people down to the business of promoting this game and pulling in new users so these exclusives are worth something some day.

jai151
06-24-2013, 06:01 AM
*shrugs*

I don't think it's that big a deal. My sig is an inside joke that happens to contain my tier. It's part of my identity on the forums at this point.

And honestly, in the next few months, people aren't even going to remember that it was a kickstarter tier.

wildcard
06-24-2013, 06:06 AM
Huh, funny, that's the first time I've noticed it your sig. I was thinking of the ones where it features prominently I guess. As it would when attached to a user's name in the game, or a green K on their name or something similar. Obviously people have benefits in the game, it's the "I want to be able to slap people in the face with it" that I'm not fond of.

jai151
06-24-2013, 06:13 AM
Huh, funny, that's the first time I've noticed it your sig. I was thinking of the ones where it features prominently I guess. As it would when attached to a user's name in the game, or a green K on their name or something similar. Obviously people have benefits in the game, it's the "I want to be able to slap people in the face with it" that I'm not fond of.

Contrary to how I may have come across in the past (and my post count, yeesh), I tend to be a fairly understated guy =)

Completely with you on the "Look at me, I'm special!" aspect of this. That's why I like the sleeves over titles, not just for this but in general. It serves the same purpose as a title, does so in a rather subtle way, and also fills cosmetic purposes too.

Lucidic
06-24-2013, 06:46 AM
I say, if they have the time and inclination, implement the feature but have it default OFF.

If they don't add it, you have plenty of other ways to show off your kickstarter bonuses in game.

ZeroCool
06-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Then I'll know exactly who NOT to play against.

Viziroth
06-24-2013, 06:55 AM
We already have exclusive sleeves and cards/art... How would an icon be any different from the sleeves when it comes to differentiating backers from non-backers.

Badmoonz
06-24-2013, 07:00 AM
+1

Vorpal
06-24-2013, 07:13 AM
As long as it's optional, maybe.
I wouldn't want my KS tier displayed, but that's just me.

I also share the concern that we don't really need to advertise how awesome a deal the kickstarter people got. No need to alienate people who missed it by a day or so.

keroko
06-24-2013, 07:17 AM
once the game begins you are no special snowflake - you just have some flags on your account or get stuff delivered to it now and then.

Do not go into a place wearing badges of authority when you have none.

one among THOUSANDS, just like the rest of us.

maniza
06-24-2013, 08:08 AM
We have the sleves dont we? Same purpose

Mr.Funsocks
06-24-2013, 08:16 AM
My only problem with it is the "Primal" tier. That has a specific lore meaning and letting someone have that title would be weird.

maniza
06-24-2013, 08:17 AM
And honestly, in the next few months, people aren't even going to remember that it was a kickstarter tier.

Lol nope. Hex tiers are legendary. Ppl wont forget you are a dragonlord for as long as its in your sig. And every time i see your dl sleves i will try steal them from you.

jai151
06-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Lol nope. Hex tiers are legendary. Ppl wont forget you are a dragonlord for as long as its in your sig. And every time i see your dl sleves i will try steal them from you.

Actually, I'll probably be rocking either the Grand King or Collector sleeves. If easy to do, I may use a different sleeve for every deck.

GuntherK
06-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I think we will see enough "OMG i PWNED a kickstarter noob with my free to play deck" forum threads as it is.
I just want to enjoy the pve and jump into casual pvp with fun decks and being anonimous among the masses.
Altough the million dollar sleeves every ks backer gets look quite cool :)

Punk
06-24-2013, 08:43 AM
The King Tier and above Spectral Lotus sleeves are my favorite so far.

hammer
06-24-2013, 08:53 AM
The King Tier and above Spectral Lotus sleeves are by far my favorite so far.

+1

Also to add I hate the Collector Tier Sleeves - The skull has nothing to do with collecting and the image is uninspiring.

Dragonzero
06-24-2013, 08:59 AM
I agree with OP and AstaSyneri.

If it is something that can be optional, then yeah, Why not. They do it in WoW and I think it proves to encourage others to do content. By seeing someone with a "cool title", It may prompt another player to ask where it came from and how to get it.

In regards to Kickstarter, it may be sad to tell them its not possible, but if its a title earned through an achievement in a dungeon, then the player may do content that they otherwise wouldn't have so they can earn a title. That would positively impact the rest of the community by making more people available to help each other in that specific instance even if they are doing it for different reasons. Sometimes guildies are just busy and you may need to seek help outside the guild. (I'm applying too much WoW to this, has it been stated that help from general chat is possible? I may have missed that.)

Shadowelf
06-24-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm applying too much WoW to this, has it been stated that help from general chat is possible? I may have missed that.)

Can't point u to an official reply, but yes it will definately be possible to seek players to pve/pvp outside ur guild by using the general chat

Dragonzero
06-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Can't point u to an official reply, but yes it will definately be possible to seek players to pve/pvp outside ur guild by using the general chat
Ha! Thank you very much, kind Sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Chiany
06-24-2013, 09:23 AM
+1

Also to add I hate the Collector Tier Sleeves - The skull has nothing to do with collecting and the image is uninspiring.

Indeed, the collector sleeves should have been something like a library full of cards, with displays or something.
Skull is completely missing the point.

The Raid Leader sleeves are perfect for them.

Shadowelf
06-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Ha! Thank you very much, kind Sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman.

Not really but thank u for saying so

Indeed, the collector sleeves should have been something like a library full of cards, with displays or something.
Skull is completely missing the point.

The Raid Leader sleeves are perfect for them.

Skulls can also be collected as long as are the skulls of ur enemies :P ; maybe the use of the skull is allegorical ?

Zzasikar
06-24-2013, 09:41 AM
I think the Kickstarter perks already given out are more than enough without rubbing salt in the wounds of the people who missed out.

Dragonzero
06-24-2013, 09:50 AM
I think the Kickstarter perks already given out are more than enough without rubbing salt in the wounds of the people who missed out.

People who are capable of doing that maliciously will do it regardless of a title. I think the system would be a good idea for other reasons that I posted above. I think that OP posted this idea for the debate of pros vs cons. What you stated is in fact a con, my question to you now is; Do you see any "pros" to having a title system?

wererat
06-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Gonna have to go with what others are saying, the sleeves are enough to show off. I think the point made against the sleeves is that you only see them in a versus game. My question to that is where else do you want to see a KS backer icon? We don't have an open world to walk around so its not like you 'run in' to other players. This pretty much leaves General Chat which has never been a good thing.

BohemianStalker
06-24-2013, 10:36 AM
bad idea leading to elitism and we want to attract casuals , so thanks but no thanks.

Yoss
06-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I'd shy away from kickstarter titles, or at the very least I'd want to think more about it, but earning titles (basically an achievement) seems cool. "Yoss (2014 World Champ)" sounds nice. :p (Hey, a guy can dream.)

Corpselocker
06-24-2013, 11:30 AM
The only tiers I want to see are the 'tears' from my opponent :P

Gwaer
06-24-2013, 11:33 AM
The only tiers I want to see are the 'tears' from my opponent :P
Alrighty, I had decided not to post in here, because I think my dissenting opinion on this had already been covered... But this was pretty good. Well played sir or ma'am.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
I agree with OP and AstaSyneri.

If it is something that can be optional, then yeah, Why not. They do it in WoW and I think it proves to encourage others to do content. By seeing someone with a "cool title", It may prompt another player to ask where it came from and how to get it.

In regards to Kickstarter, it may be sad to tell them its not possible, but if its a title earned through an achievement in a dungeon, then the player may do content that they otherwise wouldn't have so they can earn a title. That would positively impact the rest of the community by making more people available to help each other in that specific instance even if they are doing it for different reasons. Sometimes guildies are just busy and you may need to seek help outside the guild. (I'm applying too much WoW to this, has it been stated that help from general chat is possible? I may have missed that.)

You pretty much said exactly everything i have been trying to say to everyone, it should be completely optional, and if someone wants to show it off why not? So many other mmos have done it, so why not? And just having your in-game titles KS or not will not really alienate other players.

But i do think if this idea were implemented they implement in the future just to counter everysone problem by alienting others by having KS titles. Also sleeves do not really show your KS tier as much, but only show that your a KS backer, but i do not know if you can sell your sleeves, so maybe using them as identification as being a backer would completely become void in the future.

jai151
06-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Also sleeves do not really show your KS tier as much, but only show that your a KS backer, but i do not know if you can sell your sleeves, so maybe using them as identification as being a backer would completely become void in the future.

Each tier has a different sleeve (and all previous tier sleeves) associated with it. You cannot sell sleeves, mats, or mercenaries.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Each tier has a different sleeve (and all previous tier sleeves) associated with it. You cannot sell sleeves, mats, or mercenaries.

Thats good to see, but the only way others can see that is by versing you. Now im gonna guess that your against this idea, as most are, say if im looking for raid leader for this really hard raid, do i really have to verse him to identify him? do i really have to search through chat to find him? having optional titles would just make things like these much more easier.

AstaSyneri
06-24-2013, 03:07 PM
I try not to speak out against optional ideas, so I won't discourage CZE from implementing this if enough people want it. Just going to say that displaying your kickstarter backer tier, whether in game or on the forums, makes me think a bit less of you. I may or may not be alone in that regard, but it just looks arrogant. The only thing that backing this Kickstarter required was a credit card, and finding out about it during a 30 day window. It's nothing like investing in a young independent artist that you helped get off the ground, which you later want to wear as a badge of honor. It boils down to "I heard about this and had money at the time", and the more disposable income you had the more you could throw at it.

During the campaign, advertising your tier had the effect of letting others considering pledging $250-$1000 that they're not the only wacko in the world. I know it did for me. Now though? I'd be much happier to see all mention of the Kickstarter scrubbed from signatures and badges, and get people down to the business of promoting this game and pulling in new users so these exclusives are worth something some day.

Hmmm. While I thought your post had some merit, the rather personal attacked ruined it a bit for me, thinking it was directed at me.

I am a bit at fault here: I started my signature when I "scored" my first major tier and became a member of TUC (fool of a...). At the time everybody was still able to become a backer, except for the Grand King, Dragon Lord and PP tiers, which ensued a bit of discussion. I chose my signature to show where I stand in those discussions.

I actually am sorry if this offends anybody, as that certainly is not my intention and I had not realized that the number of "new arrivals" has grown this quickly. For me the main information contained is that I picked the Raid Leader tier, as PvE is my primary objective in Hex and I am always on the lookout for like-minded people who want to join me in that endeavor.

Now for your arguments/attacks. CCGs are a major way for young artists to find early recognition and make some money - and a major game like Hex has a huge art budget (I have worked with some of the artists and I have a very good idea what they get). Therefore by given my hard-won money to CZE I actually do support young independent artists albeit indirectly.

As for the wackos - aren't we all a bit wacko? Wouldn't be fun if we were all that straight...

The last point is promoting the game. I believe we (other wackos with ugly Kickstarter Backer signatures and me) are doing just that. We are active in the forum, try to be open and supportive to mature newcomers - regardless of TCG experience or Backer status. Yes, our guild has a good share of Raid Leaders (including those contained within he Dragon Lord and Grand King tiers), but this is by no means required of our members. What could we do more?

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 03:29 PM
Hmmm. While I thought your post had some merit, the rather personal attacked ruined it a bit for me, thinking it was directed at me.

I am a bit at fault here: I started my signature when I "scored" my first major tier and became a member of TUC (fool of a...). At the time everybody was still able to become a backer, except for the Grand King, Dragon Lord and PP tiers, which ensued a bit of discussion. I chose my signature to show where I stand in those discussions.

I actually am sorry if this offends anybody, as that certainly is not my intention and I had not realized that the number of "new arrivals" has grown this quickly. For me the main information contained is that I picked the Raid Leader tier, as PvE is my primary objective in Hex and I am always on the lookout for like-minded people who want to join me in that endeavor.

Now for your arguments/attacks. CCGs are a major way for young artists to find early recognition and make some money - and a major game like Hex has a huge art budget (I have worked with some of the artists and I have a very good idea what they get). Therefore by given my hard-won money to CZE I actually do support young independent artists albeit indirectly.

As for the wackos - aren't we all a bit wacko? Wouldn't be fun if we were all that straight...

The last point is promoting the game. I believe we (other wackos with ugly Kickstarter Backer signatures and me) are doing just that. We are active in the forum, try to be open and supportive to mature newcomers - regardless of TCG experience or Backer status. Yes, our guild has a good share of Raid Leaders (including those contained within he Dragon Lord and Grand King tiers), but this is by no means required of our members. What could we do more?

I think the problem is that the majority only see the negatives but not the positives. Just because someone wants to use a KS title, does not mean they are arrogant or a wacko.

I honestly believe that the pros outweigh the cons, as being able to identify raid leaders for raids, or looking for guild with a guild master, can definitely help others, a by in no way hinder their hex experience. And in Hex's future newcomers would see people with these cool titles, as veterans, and may be more inclined to ask the for help, as friends or in guilds.

Also definitely does promote the game, as it outright shows how many people put their hard-earned cash into the game, and shows newcomers that their are indeed alot of people whom are playing this game, and are willing to support in the long run, and may further incline them to play the game. But also it depends on the attitude on the people using these titles, and if they are douches to newcomers, then that just may alienate them, but if they are nice and helpful, then that person will be more inclined to play and look out for KS backers, because they felt as if they were part of this community. So what is wrong with having "AstaSyneri the Raid Leader" or "GambitKing the Squire" ?

Shadowelf
06-24-2013, 04:11 PM
I honestly believe that the pros outweigh the cons, as being able to identify raid leaders for raids, or looking for guild with a guild master, can definitely help others, a by in no way hinder their hex experience. And in Hex's future newcomers would see people with these cool titles, as veterans, and may be more inclined to ask the for help, as friends or in guilds.

Well u can always use the general chat if ur looking for a RL (or if a RL looks for a party) and the forums have a whole section dedicated to guild recruitment. So its matter of vanity more than anything else. But as i said earlier in this thread i like ppl having choices; so i wouldn't mind if the option was available as long as it could be switched off.

wildcard
06-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Hum, going to guess either a language barrier is at work here, or I didn't articulate myself clearly, or the whole post wasn't read... or maybe you just don't realize I'm also a Kickstarter backer? I came to the forums when the campaign was running, saw people with their tiers in their sig, and felt validated that "I'm not the only wacko!" (haha, joking, I don't actually think I myself am insane, see?) I said in my post that during the campaign, advertising your tier served a very specific purpose and was successful at doing so. I upped my pledge level many times.

But now the Kickstarter is over, and leaving your tier in your signature isn't very complimentary. (I understand some people have forgotten it's there, maybe they'll take it down, who knows) But what value could it bring to others at this point to leave it there? (Unless like Jai it's an inside joke, again, not my business either way) But you are labeling yourself with the amount of money you spent and/or the things you have which no one else can have now. If you don't agree that's what you're doing, that's fine. It's your sig. And I said already I may be completely alone in my take on the signatures in the forum. However, for attracting like minded individuals you could also have a signature that says "I like PvE best" without saying "I will get 200% of the loot that you will", right?

The comment re: young artists is in reference to what Kickstarter began as. Many people who helped a musician raise $1000 to get studio time might want to brag to the world that they were behind that band at the ground floor, etc. I don't much care for that either, but my point is Hex is not the same, because CZE is a well established company that was taking preorders for their commercial endeavor that was going to launch with or without crowd funding.

Anyway, my post wasn't meant as a personal attack. It's just a statement of how I am interpreting the advertising of ones' tier. I have an expensive tier, but apart from this post you won't see me discussing it anywhere. It also seems that 50% or more of the forum users still have their backer tiers in their signature. It's everyone's individual business. I'm just saying that after the campaign is over the effect of that is very different in my opinion.

I've heard the positives claimed here - that it will help others find a raid leader, or guild master, or make you look like a "veteran" to new players... I just don't think any of those are true. The only one that sounds true to me is "I'd like to show off". A raid leader that wants to be found will advertise their buff in forums or chat channels, likely for a fee. A guild that has the +10% PvE buff will be advertising it in the guild recruiting forums. And being a Kickstarter backer doesn't make you a veteran of the game per se. It certainly doesn't make you more worthy of engaging in conversation than someone without the badge.

So what is wrong with having "AstaSyneri the Raid Leader" or "GambitKing the Squire" ?

They're not achievements, that's what wrong. It's not "the Orc-slayer", or "Friend of the whatever-faction". It's no different than "Wildcard, Born into a family of privilege" or "Wildcard, Heard about this game during the right 30 days" would be.

jai151
06-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Thats good to see, but the only way others can see that is by versing you. Now im gonna guess that your against this idea, as most are, say if im looking for raid leader for this really hard raid, do i really have to verse him to identify him? do i really have to search through chat to find him? having optional titles would just make things like these much more easier.

How do you envision seeing titles work that would make them easier to find?

Shadowelf
06-24-2013, 04:52 PM
How do you envision seeing titles work that would make them easier to find?

Perhaps he assumes that the titles will be displayed next to somebody's name ?

Also given the fact that RLs will be rare maybe wearing ur title as a dress ingame won't be the best advice, unless u want ur screen spammed by pms from half the server

sckolar
06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Meh, Not a personal preference! I think sleeves should do fine. Yes, you probably will get noticed already just by the fact that you have a bunch of cool things, but no need to draw more attention than already drawn in my opinion. I think people will be aware that you're a champion just by the sleeves.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Well u can always use the general chat if ur looking for a RL (or if a RL looks for a party) and the forums have a whole section dedicated to guild recruitment. So its matter of vanity more than anything else. But as i said earlier in this thread i like ppl having choices; so i wouldn't mind if the option was available as long as it could be switched off.

Yeh but why do i have to go through all of that when i can see a guy with a raid leader title and just join him.

I've heard the positives claimed here - that it will help others find a raid leader, or guild master, or make you look like a "veteran" to new players... I just don't think any of those are true. The only one that sounds true to me is "I'd like to show off". A raid leader that wants to be found will advertise their buff in forums or chat channels, likely for a fee. A guild that has the +10% PvE buff will be advertising it in the guild recruiting forums. And being a Kickstarter backer doesn't make you a veteran of the game per se. It certainly doesn't make you more worthy of engaging in conversation than someone without the badge.

They're not achievements, that's what wrong. It's not "the Orc-slayer", or "Friend of the whatever-faction". It's no different than "Wildcard, Born into a family of privilege" or "Wildcard, Heard about this game during the right 30 days" would be.

You're only seeing the minuses, just cause someone has a buff, doesn't mean they are going to use for money, im not saying people but the majority will not. Plus if im looking for a raid leader, why do i have to search through the forums or chat channels just to get into a raid, having a title would just quicken this process. The point of the title is not to make you superior, its show how you have supported and participated this game, just like if some had a "world champ" titles or a "completed all dungeons/raids" title. Just because one douche wants to act like a prick with his title, doesnt mean the next guy will, people abusing things in games, will be forever apart of them, and is not an entirely new thing, its how the majority uses it not the minority.

Perhaps he assumes that the titles will be displayed next to somebody's name ?

Also given the fact that RLs will be rare maybe wearing ur title as a dress ingame won't be the best advice, unless u want ur screen spammed by pms from half the server

Yeh thats exactly how i saw it.

Thats true, but once again, should be completely optional.

Meh, Not a personal preference! I think sleeves should do fine. Yes, you probably will get noticed already just by the fact that you have a bunch of cool things, but no need to draw more attention than already drawn in my opinion. I think people will be aware that you're a champion just by the sleeves.

Well I dont what sleeves are tied which tier, not gonna bother looking it up, and most new players wont know and bother either. Thats why titles would be an easier identifier.

wildcard
06-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Well I dont what sleeves are tied which tier, not gonna bother looking it up, and most new players wont know and bother either. Thats why titles would be an easier identifier.

I think he was saying for bragging rights, sleeves are just as good.

Yoss
06-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I may be completely alone in my take on the signatures in the forum.
You're not; I'm with you on taking down all KS references and agree with pretty much your whole post. I changed my sig about a week ago.

Gwaer
06-24-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm not quite as extreme about taking down all ks references. I'd also be okay if there was 1 title everyone that bought the game before release got, like "Founder" or something. from squire to slackerbacker. That'd be fine. You can fine tune it more when playing. Looking for people with the raid leader title so you can raid with them just seems.... sketchy. You either have raid leaders abusing it to get groups without even saying anything, or people hounding raid leaders so frequently they turn it off anyway.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm not quite as extreme about taking down all ks references. I'd also be okay if there was 1 title everyone that bought the game before release got, like "Founder" or something. from squire to slackerbacker. That'd be fine. You can fine tune it more when playing. Looking for people with the raid leader title so you can raid with them just seems.... sketchy. You either have raid leaders abusing it to get groups without even saying anything, or people hounding raid leaders so frequently they turn it off anyway.

I see no problem in giving the people the choice to use them or not, and I did put in the original post the idea of just having the KS symbol for backers. Plus if cryptizoic did include titles im sure their would be other ways to gain titles, like through PVP, PVE and achievements. Also wasn't that the point of getting one of those specific tiers to "abuse" them/use them what they were intended for, making raids easier, and clearly that makes the raid leader a big bonus when raiding, and i see no problem with raid leaders advertise their tier to raid. I dont know if they will include pm in Hex, but im pretty sure they would include some way to block people from spamming you.

Snuffal
06-24-2013, 07:52 PM
I agree with the comments that the KS benefits will become a source of constant argument for Cyptozoic and should be downplayed as much as possible. The people who pledged had (a) money and (b) LUCK as they became aware of the KS when there was an option to pledge. This deserves no special mention.

I joined a Hex guild recently, and every member had a symbol next to their name, indicating at what KS tier level they had pledged. Despite the fact I had pledged at a high tier, I found it distasteful and slightly elitist. I think it creates an "us and them" mentality. I understand the reason they were doing it, but I do not think it outweighs the non-inclusive environment it creates. It was enough for me to not give the guild a chance.

Yoss
06-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Well said, sir.

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 09:17 PM
I agree with the comments that the KS benefits will become a source of constant argument for Cyptozoic and should be downplayed as much as possible. The people who pledged had (a) money and (b) LUCK as they became aware of the KS when there was an option to pledge. This deserves no special mention.

I joined a Hex guild recently, and every member had a symbol next to their name, indicating at what KS tier level they had pledged. Despite the fact I had pledged at a high tier, I found it distasteful and slightly elitist. I think it creates an "us and them" mentality. I understand the reason they were doing it, but I do not think it outweighs the non-inclusive environment it creates. It was enough for me to not give the guild a chance.

Why must we downplay our pledge? Now if you dont want to show your tier or what not so be it. But what cant we show how we have supported this game? Show that we have been with it since the beginning. The titles would make more sense in the future of hex when less ks-backers are playing and more newcomers are, where others will see how long you have been supporting this game.

The main reason for the idea for the titles is to display how you have supported this game, and being a KS backer shouldn't be something that someone wants to put on the down-low because it makes them look elitist, it should be something your proud of because you've been here from the beginning and are still supporting it.

I myself am squire, and have no problem at all with others showing their tiers, and do not get one bit jealous about seeing others in this forums with signatures of higher tiers. And dont think many others, and newcomers won't have a problem with seeing dragonlords and raidleaders running around in this game, it'll just goto show the support of this game.

Just because you feel that now when KS backers are making guilds with all High-Tiered backers, you get a sense of elitism doesnt mean other guilds or that guild have that mentality, just cause person does something, does not mean everyone else will. Plus as the the game goes, less ks backers will be playing and more newcomers will be coming in, so seeing a high-tiered players may become uncommon, like in other games where players have exclusive alpha/beta items/titles/other things or alpha/beta characters, they too became lesser in number.

If theirs the choice to use it, and someone wants to use it why not? if they dont wanna use it so be it.

Ben
06-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Anything that leads to making the non-kickstarter players feel insignificant in any way, is something that should not be implemented, especially since it wasn't one of the rewards for the kickstarter to begin with.

Verdant
06-24-2013, 10:21 PM
And dont think many others, and newcomers won't have a problem with seeing dragonlords and raidleaders running around in this game, it'll just goto show the support of this game.
I'm sorry, good sir, but are you in the Internet for the first time?

GambitKing
06-24-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm sorry, good sir, but are you first time in the internet?

Great engrish mate.

Dont contribute to the discussion if you have nothing of value to say.

Chiany
06-24-2013, 11:21 PM
Great engrish mate.

Even if his english isn't 100% correct (maybe even on purpose), he has a point...

Verdant
06-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Great engrish mate.

I'm sorry if my English offended you. It's my third language, and I'm still learning.

As for the point... The point is, in terms of titles and entitlement you should always expect worst-case scenario. Always. Right now the most harmless compromise between your idea and common sense would be 'alpha' or 'beta' title. 'Beta' isn't related directly with Kickstarter and honestly is quite enough to show-off that you were here in the beginning.

GambitKing
06-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry if my English offended you. It's my third language, and I'm still learning.

As for the point... The point is, in terms of titles and entitlement you should always expect worst-case scenario. Always. Right now the most harmless compromise between your idea and common sense would be 'alpha' or 'beta' title. 'Beta' isn't related directly with Kickstarter and honestly is quite enough to show-off that you were here in the beginning.

Yeh I agree with your points, maybe a alpha and beta title would be better. But choice is much better, to be given the choice to not use a title or not, is better than not having it at all, furthermore if having KS titles do cause problems, which I dont think it would, then an alpha or beta title/icon would be sufficient, especially for those backers whom could only afford to spend $10 and get beta access or for slacker backers. Some people may want to use, some may not, but at least its there. And if titles were in the game, then there should definitely be others tied to PVE and PVP experiences.

AstaSyneri
06-25-2013, 02:02 AM
Anyway, my post wasn't meant as a personal attack. It's just a statement of how I am interpreting the advertising of ones' tier. I have an expensive tier, but apart from this post you won't see me discussing it anywhere. It also seems that 50% or more of the forum users still have their backer tiers in their signature. It's everyone's individual business. I'm just saying that after the campaign is over the effect of that is very different in my opinion.

No harm done then. :D

And I believe we can easily agree to disagree - which is entirely fine. You certainly do have points in your favor. I simply don't see it that way.

At this point, I see my signature as a vote of confidence for the game. And yes, I do want people to know that I am a backer, which in certain threads may lend more weight to what I have to say. I by no means want to rub it in that others are too late to the party (which they are not - the party is just about to begin and I helped to pre-pay for the catering and made sure we get cocktails, too, instead of just beer). I rather want to tell them "This party is going to be great - I am so sure of it that I pledged some significant money".

In our guild forum we use little icons to show what level of backer we have, but only one. There I chose Raid Leader, because that is the most significant for other guild members to see. Since we are a PvE guild the little icons also give me an instant idea what kind of PvE leaders/Mercenaries the other member will be able to play with. And in due time, the icons will be added to with internal achievements about Raids finished, etc. I see some value in this in order to assess what I can expect out of the person I am communicating with.

No backer, no achievements? He's likely at a starting point and happy to receive some pointers. Grand King and Raid achiever? I turn to him to plan the next great expedition where we might the triple starting hand advantage. Things like that.

Punk
06-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Much better response.
And yeh I agree with your points, maybe a alpha and beta title would be better. But choice is much better, to be given the choice to not use a title or not, is better than not having it at all, furthermore if having KS titles do cause problems, which I dont think it would, then an alpha or beta title/icon would be sufficient, especially for those backers whom could only afford to spend $10 and get beta access or for slacker backers. Some people may want to use, some may not, but at least its there. And if titles were in the game, then there should definitely be others tied to PVE and PVP experiences.

If they decide to use titles, then I am in 100% agreement with you, you should be able to choose between whichever ones you earned. I also agree with you, that if they use this system, having a title to show you have been here since the beginning is a good idea. Verdant's idea for Alpha/Beta access titles is the best solution. However, I do not agree with your inclination of what earning something is.

You played for months and beat the best players in the world (probably multiple times) to win that World Championship. You earned it.

You dropped a ton of money on a game that wasn't out yet or heavily advertised at all to entitle you to some sweet in-game bonuses. You did not earn this, you bought this. You only earned the money.

I think Wildcard summed up everything else.

Note 1: This can turn into a moral standpoint debate regarding "spending money is actually earning things since you earned that money" that I have had with someone else on these forums, but I don't want to go down that road again. You should be able to see the difference between these two points.

Note 2: I will be turning off the "Drawing an extra card for being grouped with a Raid Leader" the very first time I open up hex. I posted how in some circumstances this can be very disadvantageous elsewhere on the forums. I don't care if they are in my group, but there is no way I am going to go search one out to help me with a raid.

Malicus
06-25-2013, 02:16 AM
I understand the desire to share but I also agree with those that the possible negatives should be avoided. If accounts could be sold I might almost support this idea but a lot of the time unachievable titles etc annoy or frustrate people and some people will negatively react to people having benefits they cannot obtain (this isn't necessarily rational but most people aren't).

I would be super happy if everyone forgot about the KS and just enjoyed the game when it comes out.

Punk
06-25-2013, 02:20 AM
I would be super happy if everyone forgot about the KS and just enjoyed the game when it comes out.

*high five*

Shadowelf
06-25-2013, 03:29 AM

*high five*

Yeap we got our rewards for backing and most of us ended up with lifetime perks; so let's put KS (and vanity) aside and enjoy the game

DrakarT
08-05-2013, 06:09 PM
It would be nice to have a guild icon at side of your nick as in Ragnar online, and the title could be deactivated at will

Kami
08-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Please don't necro very old threads.

Deathfog
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
Would there be a ProProKingKing icon or just a cluster of icons?

Novalius
08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Everyone is so against this idea, but titles can be available to everyone if they want them. Anyone in the community could gain titles like, "the Kraken Slayer" or something similar, titles which you can unlock through difficult challenges in the game. Even some through PvP tournaments maybe. I would love to see prefixes or suffixes like "_____, the Grand King" or "Warrior _____" unlocked from your kickstarter tier and below as well so that us ks'ers get a little something extra. But even if we don't, it would still be nice to see a feature like this sometime in the future.

Masquerade
08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Bad idea >_<

Gwaer
08-12-2013, 11:08 PM
Even DoTP has titles now. Wow has had them for ages, I'd be very surprised if there weren't titles in the game. Not sold that KS tiers should be included as a title... But maybe. I don't really see the harm in it.

ShadowTycho
08-12-2013, 11:56 PM
good idea provided its toggleable and default off.
no need to hurt other people's privacy so you can show off. :)

Punk
08-13-2013, 09:01 AM
EDIT: Discussing in PM's to keep this conversation on topic.

-----

Anyway, I like the guild symbol idea, but my standpoint hasn't changed regarding KS titles in any way. I do recall a "Beta" or "Alpha" title as an alternative to any KS related ones, and I thought that wasn't a terrible idea.

Maphalux
08-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Usually a forum will show favor toward either starting new threads or posting in existing ones even if they are old to keep it all in one thread. Based on things Sanik has done regarding threads in the past, there is an implication that they would rather we start new threads than necro old ones.

On topic, I don't care if there are titles in the game but I see sleeves as fulfilling this function.

Vorpal
08-14-2013, 08:39 AM
I am assuming there will be titles, but I see no need for KS titles.

KS was an out of game accomplishment, not an in -game one.