PDA

View Full Version : My first TCG-deck needs feedback

Sevein
06-24-2013, 06:01 AM
Hi guys!

This is pretty much my first TCG-deck ever. Did play MTG for a short while 16 years ago but cant say i had any real understanding of the game back then. Neither do i now!

I need heavy feedback if anybody out there feels like judging my deck. My initial thought was "Orcs with Pets", a ruby/wild combo with offensive orcs and a bunch of Battle Hoppers to chump(chunk?) the inc dmg but kinda fell off that idea. Now its just aggressive and cheap with a lot of buffs. The idea is to keep the orcs with low defence alive with attack and defence-buffs while while snapping off the opponents creeps with removals. I suppose the thought is to get early dominance on the board and keep buffing it.

Pls shoot me down by all means but i would love to see some constructive feedback as well :D
Personally i think this deck could have a little to little resource or wrongly distributed. Dunno how to do that. Another concern is that my deck might try to focus on to many things? Removal, buffs and a lot of fighters.

Also there are certainly mistakes made cause i dont properly understand how some of the cards work :P But i think i do!

Deck:
http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?s=14,30,54,62,66,79,82,88,89,93,95,105,14 0,149,222,231&qt=4,1,4,4,4,4,4,3,1,9,13,3,4,3,4,1

Edit: spelling

incitfulmonk21
06-24-2013, 06:28 AM
I will start with something easy to fix and down right blatantly obvious.

22 resources with 10 4+ drops is going to kill you. You might get lucky but you are going to get more mana screwed then you will like, and it will happen often.

Tathel
06-24-2013, 06:34 AM
You also probably do not want a 66 card deck, especially with only 22 resources.
Prune down to 60 cards unless you have a reason to have a large deck.
It's better to have good odds of drawing a card that is useful and that you can play rather than more options available that might get in the way of drawing a card you will always want

Wombat
06-24-2013, 06:40 AM
I also am no scientist of deck building, i do it through testing. How about you test draw a million times and see how it goes. But i also think you have to deside what you want to do with your deck, currently you have aggro deck mechanics like the turtle and wildgrowth in there but also lategame stuff like goreseeker. I think you have a bit more tendency towards lategame right now and you probably seek to kill your opponent with burn the ground and wildrootdancer. So i would add some chlorophylia to get your deck going faster while have some more 2-3 cost troops to block stuff with until you get the big guys. If you want to play an aggro deck i think you should just drop forrest completely, if you deside to do so you need more lower cost troops, and you have to drop several of the big ones. I think you could just mirror this deck: http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?did=41. If you focus on Mountains aggro, it cant get rly better from the cards we have atm (maybe you can substitute the 2/1 guy, but thats it)

jai151
06-24-2013, 06:56 AM
My process in deckbuilding always starts with the same question: "What's my win condition?" That is to say, how is this deck going to perform? Am I trying to overrun with a horde of creatures? Set off a chain reaction of cards? Deck my opponent? Something else?

Once I have that worked out, I start building up around that condition, making sure my deck is filled with ways to enable, protect, or accelerate the win condition. This is also where I examine my curve, making sure that I have things to play at all stages of the game.

I'll then add resources, my default size being 24/60, adjusting up or down based on the curve and mana accelerators.

And then, the most important step, playtest, adjust, playtest, adjust, and repeat ad nauseum.

Sevein
06-24-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks to all 4 of you guys for the feedback. ill get back to it with more specialization in mind, slim it to 60 cards, add som mana and pay more attention to the cost of cards. thought cost 4 was fairly rushy but perhaps not :P

Thx!