PDA

View Full Version : Deck Concept: Lifesucking Zombies

dogmod
06-24-2013, 05:16 PM
My first go at a deck construction...

http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?did=168

Difficulties I ran into that maybe others could help me out with. Resource base: I found that I was having difficulty with a split resource base because almost all of my blood threshold cards have 2 threshold... Balancing the resource base was difficult considering I needed to meet those thresholds in a multishard deck but having a curve that tops out at 3. I think it is balanced okay now but someone with more experience who wants to give it some thought could be great.

Gem for Warlocks... I was actually thinking of using the life gain/cost gem in them. 3/1 + 3 life... 3/1 + 5 life... 3/1+ 7 life.. etc

Other spells that were near the top of my list to put in:

Adamanthian Scrivener
Vampire King

Thoughts?

incitfulmonk21
06-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I think you are trying to do a control deck but honestly the only diamond card of value is the inner conflict.

princess victoria only inspires your inquisitor and possibly your zombies if they can be inspired. the kracken guard mariner doesn't serve much purpose either except in an inspire deck.

You have no real win condition especially if your zp's get destroyed and to many pact of pains as well.

You would be better going mono blood with vampire kings, extinctions, and Urunaaz's if you want to keep most of your deck in tact.

Just my opinion though and it is a very good start to a deck it just doesn't seem to want to win as much as outlast your opponent.

dogmod
06-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I think you are trying to do a control deck but honestly the only diamond card of value is the inner conflict.

princess victoria only inspires your inquisitor and possibly your zombies if they can be inspired. the kracken guard mariner doesn't serve much purpose either except in an inspire deck.

You have no real win condition especially if your zp's get destroyed and to many pact of pains as well.

You would be better going mono blood with vampire kings, extinctions, and Urunaaz's if you want to keep most of your deck in tact.

Just my opinion though and it is a very good start to a deck it just doesn't seem to want to win as much as outlast your opponent.

Thanks for the feedback. Took the deck down while tinkering. Agree with the too many pacts. Brought that down to 3.

Took a kraken guard out and one inner conflict and subbed in 3 blinding lights.

I think this deck has some promise. Hope to debut it at a tourney and see how it goes :)

I think a dual color deck will allow more sideboarding opportunities and I think you may be underestimating getting a princess victoria in your opening hand.