PDA

View Full Version : Role Call!

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 05:07 AM
I'm going to work on creating a master list of players and their guilds. Now, I understand that names will be taken, and not everybody will get to name themselves what they wish. However, with Alpha access MOST people will be able to claim stake to their name.

List your username, guild, and position. Everything will be penciled in, but I think it'll be easier to start this now and edit it later.

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 05:08 AM
**Reserved**

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 05:12 AM
*Reserved*

jai151
06-25-2013, 05:28 AM
It's "Roll Call" =P

What do you mean by username? We're still not entirely sure how naming will function in the game, our only hint is that every account will have a "keep name"

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 05:30 AM
It's "Roll Call" =P

What do you mean by username? We're still not entirely sure how naming will function in the game, our only hint is that every account will have a "keep name"

You don't think we're going to have our own username?

jai151
06-25-2013, 05:35 AM
I don't know. We may have a base character that is XXX of YYY Keep or we may have a normal name, but the only thing that's been confirmed is the unique naming of characters is based around them all being part of your uniquely named keep

Shadowelf
06-25-2013, 05:38 AM
I'll be reserving this spot for mine, but i think its too early to work out smthing like this

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 05:39 AM
I don't know. We may have a base character that is XXX of YYY Keep or we may have a normal name, but the only thing that's been confirmed is the unique naming of characters is based around them all being part of your uniquely named keep

Sure, but when you look to start a PVP, you'll have your own unique name, regardless of whether it is followed by your 'Keep'.

I know you like to argue with me, but this isn't your best work.

jai151
06-25-2013, 05:55 AM
Sure, but when you look to start a PVP, you'll have your own unique name, regardless of whether it is followed by your 'Keep'.

First of all, no idea what you are talking about with the arguing. I've seen your name pop up in threads, but I can't say I recall any arguments we've been in.

Second of all, the point is all we have with current information is that we'll be naming a keep when we create our account and that individual champions beyond that will not have unique names. It's just as likely if not more that we choose a champion to be our main and thus show up in PVP as that character as it is we'll have a unique username. This thread in asking for that name is way premature.

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 05:59 AM
So you think when I go to play against someone, or add them to my friends list I'm going to have to add each of their champions? That doesn't make any sense.

If you don't want to give me your information, that's fine. Don't. Just leave this thread. If it turns out I wasted my time, so be it. Not a concern of yours.

Ya dig?

Khazrakh
06-25-2013, 06:00 AM

He's right though, we don't know how the naming will be done.
Will I be Khzrakh, Khazrakh the Bunny Master, Bunny Master Khazrakh, Khazrakh of Bunnyston?
We'll have to wait and see ;)

jai151
06-25-2013, 06:03 AM
So you think when I go to play against someone, or add them to my friends list I'm going to have to add each of their champions? That doesn't make any sense.

If you don't want to give me your information, that's fine. Don't. Just leave this thread. If it turns out I wasted my time, so be it. Not a concern of yours.

Ya dig?

No, you'd add their keep.

And my info is in my sig... Oh, right, rank. Unranked. Member, I guess

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 06:06 AM
He's right though, we don't know how the naming will be done.
Will I be Khzrakh, Khazrakh the Bunny Master, Bunny Master Khazrakh, Khazrakh of Bunnyston?
We'll have to wait and see ;)

Sure, but I can edit this later on. At the end of the day, you're still Khazrakh.

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 06:08 AM
No, you'd add their keep.

And my info is in my sig... Oh, right, rank. Unranked. Member, I guess

Thanks buddy.

Malicus
06-25-2013, 06:30 AM
I forget who I am.

jai151
06-25-2013, 06:36 AM
I forget who I am.

So THAT'S why you wear a nametag =P

Kami
06-25-2013, 07:03 AM
As great an idea this may be, I'm not sure having everyone's details listed in one place is a good idea in practice. Just gives malicious people a list of names to target.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Then again, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. ^^;

DjiN
06-25-2013, 07:14 AM
<<<< reseved >>>>

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 07:43 AM
As great an idea this may be, I'm not sure having everyone's details listed in one place is a good idea in practice. Just gives malicious people a list of names to target.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. Then again, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you. ^^;

It's more or less a guild charter. People will get your username from the game anyways.

Thanks for the reply though.

Hatts
06-25-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm Hatts of Hatts' Keep. I'm the Hatmaster of the Hatts guild.

All the hatters out there need to stay away from my guild name ;)

jai151
06-25-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm Hatts of Hatts' Keep. I'm the Hatmaster of the Hatts guild.

All the hatters out there need to stay away from my guild name ;)

Otherwise you'll be a Mad Hatter? =P

DesertMage
06-25-2013, 08:10 AM
**Reserved**

ZeroCool
06-25-2013, 08:14 AM

Nice one.

Hatts
06-25-2013, 08:59 AM

Yes, exactly. People would be well advised to stay away from that name too ;)

Gwaer
06-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Hatty of Clan Mc Hattinson, that'll be me.

(no it won't)

Pech
06-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Name: Pech
Guild: Clan BlackBlade
Title: Community Liaison

stiii
06-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Isn't this thread going to be absurdly huge if everyone answered and rather pointless if most people don't? I don't really see the purpose?

I have no desire to join/create a guild until we have at least some idea of how they work and I'd assume there will be plenty of other people in the same position. Currently we have no clue what the costs/benefits of having a large/small guild are.