PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about Hex

Stalak
06-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Hi Hexers,

i have some questions about the start...

1. did someone know, if there will be a Starterdeck-Spoilerlist before Alpha starts? or we choose blind our first Starter?
and is it possible to open the "free-booster" and than choose the starter?
2. Is it true, that the PVE Content is "free to play"? I mean, is it necessary to by booster, or we get some kind of Exp to get new booster/cards?
3. Is there a chance to get booster without money? For Example over a kind of Exp? for pvp?

I know, the game can not run without money, and i will spend some, but i think it is intresting for some people.

Hope some one can answer my questions.

Thx

Cu
Stalak

Malicus
06-26-2013, 01:36 AM
1. Probably but unknown - not a big deal for alpha anyway since that will be wiped.
2. PVE will be free though I expect the highest levels to require some grinding to build out a deck. Cards and equipment will be rewarded for completing PVE content.
3. Maybe but it will be highly limited. Possibly on AH for a lot of gold if any PVP guys want a bucket of gold to jump into PVE.

Icepick
06-26-2013, 03:36 AM
I suspect that that the starter decks will list all the cards they contain in the game, before you have to chose. So I doubt you will be choosing blind in any case.

ZeroCool
06-26-2013, 04:57 AM
Hi Hexers,

i have some questions about the start...

1. did someone know, if there will be a Starterdeck-Spoilerlist before Alpha starts? or we choose blind our first Starter?

Not sure, but there will be a post Alpha wipe so it isn't that big of a deal. There's a good chance most cards will be revealed by then though

2. Is it true, that the PVE Content is "free to play"? I mean, is it necessary to by booster, or we get some kind of Exp to get new booster/cards?
As of right now there is no such thing as a PVE Booster. PVE is totally free to play. The only thing you could pay for is buying other PVE cards in the auction house. Just like most other MMO's

3. Is there a chance to get booster without money? For Example over a kind of Exp? for pvp?
Without pledging on Kickstarter, or joining the VIP program I don't think so. However, you will be able to buy boosters in the AH with in game currency and friends could give you one or some of their boosters.

I know, the game can not run without money, and i will spend some, but i think it is intresting for some people.

Hope some one can answer my questions.

Thx

Cu
Stalak

:-D

Stalak
06-26-2013, 06:43 AM
thx to all

Aradon
06-26-2013, 09:44 AM
To start playing PvE, you'll probably begin playing with your starter deck. To get more cards for PvE play, you earn gold and other loot (cards, equipment, crafting mats) from doing quests & dungeons. You can buy PvE cards with gold. In order to earn more PvP cards, though, you'd need to either spend money, or use gold to buy them from the Auction House.

Yoss
06-26-2013, 09:49 AM
1. See answer in post 2.
2. See answer in post 2.
3. Yes, you can get boosters without money, but it will probably require a lot of time grinding for gold to convert to platinum, which you can then use to buy boosters. No one knows yet what the market balance for gold and platinum will be.

HyenaNipples
06-27-2013, 08:37 AM
I feel validated to shamelessly plug this article (http://www.utopianchaos.com/hex-tcg-and-your-wallet/) at you. It might be of interest if you, like me, are worried about your budget when it comes to this rather expensive pastime.