PDA

View Full Version : Any chance hextcg will work on my phone?

yont
06-26-2013, 11:35 PM
I know it will get tablet support but any chance in the future will they somehow make a version where it can work on my phone?

Badger
06-26-2013, 11:46 PM
Nope

keldrin
06-26-2013, 11:50 PM
The general consensus on this has been that the screen will be to small to adequately view the cards. To make it so you could zoom in on individual cards to read them would likely mean a reworking of the client software. So, at this point, I would have to say no.
Some point in the future, if the demand for such a feature is high enough, and the potential return is high enough... maybe. And again, if you had to zoom in on many of the cards, it would be tedious. If it became smart phone playable, you know some peoples first experience with the game would be on a smart phone.
Personally, I'm questioning how playable it will be on some of the smaller screened tablets.

Zarien
06-27-2013, 01:22 AM
Probably not. I don't see the mobile version being playable outside of the Ipad and a couple of the other larger tablets. Those tablets similar to the Ipad in size are just about the perfect size to get away with still doing a mobile version, but anything smaller would probably just be mindbogglingly frustrating and a time-consumer in matches.

keldrin
06-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Yeah, that's my base thought as well. You could know your deck well enough to not need to read the cards much. But, unless you play a ton, you won't know your opponents cards, and that will take time trying to read if they're small.

sonicgarbage
06-27-2013, 06:07 AM
After playing Duel of Champions on my iPad, I have to say that playing on anything smaller would be a trial in patience.

ZeroCool
06-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Not likely, but with the cost of tablets dropping every day it shouldn't be an issue. PLUS, most people don't have a service provider for their tablet, forcing them only to play on Wifi. This will def. help prevent lag from users trying to use 3g.

MasterN64
06-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Lag is almost a non issue for a turn based game such as this.

MatWith1T
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
There are ways to play iPad games on an (unlocked) iPhone... but you won't want to.

Mr.Funsocks
06-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Lag is almost a non issue for a turn based game such as this.

Yeah, it's weird that so many people bring that up. If you can load a YouTube video on your connection, I think you'll be able to play Hex just fine.

Ju66ernaut
06-27-2013, 08:43 AM
If Hex hits the iPhone, I will lose my job due to lack of productivity. This I know >.<

jai151
06-27-2013, 08:44 AM
If Hex hits the iPhone, I will lose my job due to lack of productivity. This I know >.<

While android phones are a possibility, with as solidly as you can lock down iPad apps in the app store, I don't think you'll be seeing an official iPhone version any time soon

hexnaes
06-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Dotp 2014 is supposed to be tablet only, but I run it extremely well on my nexus 4. I'm optimistic that hex will be the same.

Ilikerice
06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Personally, I am going to make hex work on my phone one way or another. I do realize than many people think that the screen is too small to play on but I think that is a matter of preference. In my line of work I look at CAD drawings and schematics all the time and if their is a choice between a phone and a tablet I will use the phone every time. Sure the screen is a little smaller, but I'm used to it and the convenience of it is that I can one hand everything and not have to drop my bag and to pull out my tablet and use two hands to accomplish the same thing. Its also a lot less inconspicuous when playing video games at work as compared to a tablet, for me at least.
And to just add onto your point Zerocool, I do think playing actual games against someone on a phone would not be smart at all while trying to use your cell coverage, but I just think it would be great to be able to pull out my phone and do a PVE level or get one step closer to the boss of a dungeon or check to see if there are any cards up on the AH that I'm looking to buy.

Hatts
06-27-2013, 09:02 AM
If you have an android phone try the ROM paranoid android, it allows you to trick tablet apps and make them run on a phone (and vice versa.) It's very handy for phablets like the Note.