PDA

View Full Version : New Raids and Dungeons introduced "on the go" means extra cards for sets?

Lordy
06-29-2013, 12:48 AM
I was wondering whether Crypto is considering to release new dungeons and Raids between new set introduction.

In this case, rewards are going to be extra cards to be added to an existing set?

Example, considering we won't see Set II for about a year after Beta launch, every new PVE content planned (if any) before SET II, means we could be able to get new cards to be added to SET I collection?

keldrin
06-29-2013, 12:53 AM
Well, there may be new dungeons and raids added. And they might drop new cards. However, they have indicated that card and equipment drops from PVE will be for PVE only.
They don't want to create a situation that would force PVP players to have to do PVE to get potentially needed cards.

Lordy
06-29-2013, 12:55 AM
this is obvious, still it would be great to have new PVE addictions on the go...

keldrin
06-29-2013, 01:27 AM
I'm all for chasing new PVE cards. And I can see no reason why introduction of new dungeons/raids with new cards would be tied to set releases.
In fact, I think being at different times, would be good, so that new content isn't competing with each other.

shocker455
06-29-2013, 01:32 AM
Most of the PvE stuff wont be out until the game is released, which then only leaves a 3-4 month gap until set 2.

Fairly sure they said somewhere that new PvE content will be added with every set release. However I could see them changing to release PvE content dead middle between set releases. This way every 2 months there's new content, alternating between pvp and pve.

No cards will be added to set one, or any set after release. PvE cards may be added any time, probably only with new dungeons/raids.

Lordy
06-29-2013, 02:07 AM
so my qyestion is: raid/dungeons rewards where will find their place? Will they be catalogued as an ever growing
"rewards set" not finding their place in a particular Set?

keldrin
06-29-2013, 02:50 AM
so my qyestion is: raid/dungeons rewards where will find their place? Will they be catalogued as an ever growing
"rewards set" not finding their place in a particular Set?

I'm going to hazard a guess, and say that they will have a set mark indicating they came from PVE, rather than a specific set.
If the cards are locked to a specific raid or dungeon, maybe it will indicate which one somehow, Like D15, being the 15th dungeon they released.
I'm actually wondering, if PVE cards will ever be "out of print". Meaning you can no longer get them. If there may be plans to revamp dungeons at certain points, with new decks and rules, and potentially new rewards, to encourage people to utilize the older content.
In a lot of other MMO games, the older dungeons just stop getting used, as the rewards are no longer worth the effort to get them, compared with newer dungeons with "better" rewards.

Lordy
06-29-2013, 03:40 AM
Well,
considering cards are not exactly comparable to let's say WOW equipment (i don't think card will have a sort of itemlevel), i see no need to close or fade out old dungeons...

On the collecting side, instead, closing a dungeon let's say 1 year after release, could boost incredibly card value and should be taken into great consideration.

Milamber
06-29-2013, 04:19 AM
Indeed, I had just assumed that new content for PVE would run separately to PVP timelines.
One if the reasons why the card count for PVE was evasive during kickstarter but CZE was always definite about total set 1 card #'s for PVP.

I don't see any reason for them to be linked so I'm fine with that, as others mentioned I think it will be great if they keep things fresh be introducing PVE content between set releases.

But it does raise an interest for how the rewards cards will be marked, being digital the symbol could be more efficient than the limitation of print.

Also re Keldrins comment on outdated content...
I suppose at least in some form this is partly inevitable in the long term.
Though my hope is that because CZE have been clesr that dungeons will often be thematic in mechanics and objectives. That amongst the "chaff" rewards each dungeon will have unique mechanic/flavour cards.
I see this as a key way that CZE have deliberately introduced so they can avoid "gradual power creep" as the only way to differentiate rewards for new content. so new players years in, would still be attracted to chase old content for that unique item to tweak a keep defence deck, enhance a tribal theme or put a new twist on a new mechanic introduced... Etc

I can't overstate enough the confidence I have in the implications that Cory and the teams vision for this game suggest.
Just after listening to the first few updates I began to understand the potential and these guys have been on it for 2 years!!! Now that they've let the cat out the bag by announcing the game it must be killing them to not outline the breadth of scope they have planned.

Hoo raaaa, can not wait.
I'm just battling the conceptual balance of getting involved in the meta now or savouring it fresh on alpha and beta access!

*Rant over..... * For now

Shadowelf
06-29-2013, 05:14 AM
Cze said that they will be releasing new content every 4 months (3 sets a year), so i bet that set2 will be out at late Spring 2014 (April-May), assuming that the game's launch goes as planned (january 2014). As for new dungeons and set releases concurring, although reasonable, this might not be the pattern followed during the first year; this because since we will only be getting a fraction of pve at beta, am i wrong to assume that launch will be accompanied with the lot of dungeon content left, despite set 2 being expected later?

Hatts
06-29-2013, 10:39 AM
I'm actually wondering, if PVE cards will ever be "out of print". Meaning you can no longer get them. If there may be plans to revamp dungeons at certain points, with new decks and rules, and potentially new rewards, to encourage people to utilize the older content.
In a lot of other MMO games, the older dungeons just stop getting used, as the rewards are no longer worth the effort to get them, compared with newer dungeons with "better" rewards.

Yes this will happen, an example Cory gave is the arena. Each year there will be two new factions in the arena, the old cards will only be available on the auction house. I think he also mentioned older dungeons getting retired or revamped later down the road in response to story / world events.

Shadowelf
06-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes this will happen, an example Cory gave is the arena. Each year there will be two new factions in the arena, the old cards will only be available on the auction house. I think he also mentioned older dungeons getting retired or revamped later down the road in response to story / world events.

That would be nice; it would give extra incentives to ppl to try some pve content before it rotates, and will give value to some out of print pve cards and pve market in general

hex_colin
06-29-2013, 12:02 PM
I can't see them providing new content every month or couple of months. One of the main reasons for having sets and blocks and a reasonably standard spacing between them is to allow people to assimilate the new information and keep up to date with what is going on with the game. The minute you start introducing too much new content, too frequently, you risk alienating even your most dedicated players. It's a balancing act...

Stok3d
06-29-2013, 12:05 PM
I also remember Cory said something about rotating PVE content. I'm not sure if he was referring to permanent rotation or more a cyclic rotation. Does anyone else remember this or am I off base here?