PDA

View Full Version : PvE Faction Alignment

EdwardBishop
06-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Does anyone think we'll be able to change between factions easily in PvE? I'm most interested in Humans, but my second interest is necrotic, followed by shin'hare, followed by venin, followed by dwarves... in fact, humans, my favorite race, are the only Ardent race I'm really interested in whatsoever...

As I understand it we can switch between and mix races, but since the PvE experience is said to be faction specific, can I have my cake (play humans) and eat it too (while supporting the other underworld races I like better than the other ardent races?)

If anyone has a theory on how this might all work (or even better, links to proof of how it might work), please let me know.

Thanks,
EdwardBishop

Delrusant
06-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Your main hero is determining your faction?

From there cards have no impact but in game behavior does (the kraken lair with the spared human mayor, if you kill him as an orc you may get malus point for your reputation toward human?)

Aradon
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
It sounds like each champion will have its own affiliations, allowing you to play as both Underworld and Ardent. I don't know exactly how the races will work, but I'm pretty sure you can earn rep with factions, meaning you can choose to join either faction no matter your race. You ought to be able to play a human that joins the Underworld.

DjiN
06-29-2013, 01:58 PM
They said they haven't figured out yet how they want to handle it. One option was to have two keeps on your account. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Dantier
06-29-2013, 02:56 PM
I personally think there should be an ardent keep and an underworld keep for lore purposes, and that maybe you can only attack opposing factions. Could work rather well from a UI standpoint to if your keep was linked so that you moved up/down between the keeps(ardent on the surface and underworld mirrored or in a cave below). Not sure if this would work for how they intend PvE to work or if its a silly idea in general. As far as I know from what Cory said during interviews and live streams some dungeons are designed with one faction in mind and others have different outcomes depending on certain variables.

Avedecus
06-29-2013, 03:01 PM
I imagine you'll have one keep, and can choose between motifs. As far as I could tell, the "choosing" of factions was more in reference to the NPC factions in the game, not Ardent/Underworld.

Kietay
06-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes. Cory's comments have confused a lot of people. You are limited to NPC factions but not racial factions. You can always use any race's cards you want.