PDA

View Full Version : Will all cards be spoiled before Alpha?

MastrFett
06-29-2013, 03:40 PM
I am hoping that not all the cards will be spoiled before we get Alpha. I can't help but read all info I can find about HEX, but I am hoping that I will open some of my boosters and see cards that I hadn't seen before. I know if I want this I should probably stop looking at cards and such now, but I can't help myself.

I guess the only issue is right when Alpha happens all Dragon Lord and above will know all the cards and be able to share the details. But I don't know how long it will take until sites are updated with any cards not previously revealed.

Armies
06-29-2013, 03:44 PM
a purple post said they will start spoiling more cards starting this friday, as for if we will see all the cards before alpha only Cory and his band of merry men could tell you.

Tathel
06-29-2013, 04:06 PM
Hm let's do some quick estimates.

They were previewing i'd say an ave of 3 cards an article before. 2 were previews and sometimes 1 or 2 incidentally spoiled by article content. and occasionally they just previewed more than two. So let's maybe guess now that it's weekly we can expect 4 an article.

there are 154 cards in the draft sim right now.
If we assume they only show PvP and we are only talking about PvP here (because there are like another 300+PvE only so that puts it way out of scope)
that means there are like 196 PvP cards left to be show?

It's only 9 weeks til September. so 9*4 = 36... So that's not nearly enough

they'd need to preview more around 20 a week i guess to reveal all PvP!

So... my guess it 10 a week? and then just a list dump the week before alpha to get everyone thinking?

Sorry if my math is wrong did it in my head >_<

Shadowelf
06-29-2013, 04:26 PM
Quoting myself from another thread; What mtg usually does, is to keep previewing cards a few at a time, till one week before the set is released. At this point everything left is also revealed. If hex follows this pattern, and if we are allowed to know each card at alpha, then expect previews till the end of August, and the whole set one week before alpha starts.

Kietay
06-29-2013, 05:01 PM
They have already said all cards will be revealed before beta, so I assume that now means alpha as well.

Vorpal
06-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I would be perfectly fine if some cards were not spoiled till alpha. Particularly pve cards.

Would be fun to still have some surprises when opening packs or whatever instead of going "ho hum, i saw this in june's update"

Tathel
06-29-2013, 05:10 PM
I would be perfectly fine if some cards were not spoiled till alpha. Particularly pve cards.

Would be fun to still have some surprises when opening packs or whatever instead of going "ho hum, i saw this in june's update"

I like the idea of not spoiling the PvE, because you are unlocking them through play you don't really need to know a lot of details to plan a purchasing or drafting strategy or something.

Badger
06-29-2013, 05:35 PM
When alpha starts, will we all have complete access to all cards?

MastrFett
06-29-2013, 07:48 PM
When alpha starts, will we all have complete access to all cards?

I don't think so. I believe we'll just be getting what we are getting from the kickstarter pledge. It really just sounds like our "alpha" access is really just an early beta access.

Now on an unrelated note, I know CZE says they want a new set every 3-4 months, but did they ever say if set 2 will be 3-4 months from when we get in our alpha/beta, or from when the game officially releases?

Malicus
06-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't think so. I believe we'll just be getting what we are getting from the kickstarter pledge. It really just sounds like our "alpha" access is really just an early beta access.

Now on an unrelated note, I know CZE says they want a new set every 3-4 months, but did they ever say if set 2 will be 3-4 months from when we get in our alpha/beta, or from when the game officially releases?\

From what I took to understand we won't be getting our KS until Beta because Alpha may include a wipe and no wipes can occur once we have been given our rewards. My guess will be alpha phases for drafting and perhaps a full access constructed phase too so it might happen that we get full access.

Mr.Funsocks
06-29-2013, 09:33 PM
KS rewards won't be 'till beta, there will be a wipe after alpha, set 2 will be 4 months after release, not after beta, they haven't announced what we'll have access to in alpha.

Xintia
06-29-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm guessing the Alpha is really just a few weeks of early access for CZE to say "thank you" to the pledgers and supporters. And from a testing perspective, this is also most likely your most "dedicated" players with significant TCG experience, so if there's something broken to be found, we'll find it. :D

That said, I'm guessing CZE will feed us the full list before they throw open the doors on the Alpha, probably just not as soon as we'd all like. :)

Rtsands45
06-29-2013, 09:59 PM
I am guessing all cards won't be spoiled by Alpha. More than likely all cards will be spoiled by the launch of Beta.

Shadowelf
06-30-2013, 12:52 AM
Now on an unrelated note, I know CZE says they want a new set every 3-4 months, but did they ever say if set 2 will be 3-4 months from when we get in our alpha/beta, or from when the game officially releases?

Set 2 will be released 4 months after the game's launch, and if everything goes as planned (and the game launches Janurary 2014) that would be April-May 2014