PDA

View Full Version : Pauper in Hex

Rtsands45
06-29-2013, 09:56 PM
Ok, I played pauper today in MTG and do believe Hex could implement it in their tournament structure. Bad cards become actually playable in pauper. Well not bad, more unplayable in other constructed formats. Anyway, this is definitely a format I could get behind.

17 player tournament $10 entry and I won! I won a revised Underground Sea. Sadly, payout was a rare card that can't even be used in pauper.

jaxsonbatemanhex
06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Should definitely not be sad about getting an Underground Sea. Sell it and buy all the pauper cards you could ever want. :-P

I do believe they've mentioned that pauper will be implemented at some point.

Edit: http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/ - near the bottom of the page under "other tournaments" they list plans to do an all-commons tournament.

Rtsands45
06-29-2013, 10:07 PM
Should definitely not be sad about getting an Underground Sea. Sell it and buy all the pauper cards you could ever want. :-P

I do believe they've mentioned that pauper will be implemented at some point.

Edit: http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/ - near the bottom of the page under "other tournaments" they list plans to do an all-commons tournament.

Yea, it has some wear on it, but I know someone who wants it that was willing to give me $100 and some other trades for it. Best deal ever. :)

funktion
06-29-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm sure there will be a pretty diverse swath of "side-formats" they already talked about there being a highlander format (100 card singleton is one of my favs so that's great!). If singleton will be a thing I'm sure that pauper will be considering way more people play pauper.

jaxsonbatemanhex
06-29-2013, 10:16 PM
Actually, if pauper ends up becoming a queue-at-any-time thing and offers prizes akin to other constructed on-demand queues, it should be a great way for many players to acquire prizes. Pauper decks tend to be very cheap to put together (being all commons), and if you use the right deck you should dominate the queues and consistently enter prize calculations.

Kroan
06-30-2013, 02:11 AM
Both highlander and pauper are not reasonable in the start since the cardpool won't be big enough. After 2-3 sets that should be different though and I would welcome to see both!

Shadowelf
06-30-2013, 06:35 AM
Heroic mode in dungeons will be highlander style (commander in mtg terms), so this format is not as far as u may think

Daer
06-30-2013, 07:47 AM
In dungeons since you can use PVP and PVE cards the cardpool is already 650 cards.

Kroan
06-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Heroic mode in dungeons will be highlander style (commander in mtg terms), so this format is not as far as u may think
The poolsize for dungeons is double the poolsize for PvP. It is as far away as I think :P

Nitpick-mode: Also commander is something different then highlander. There is a highlander format and there is an elder dragon highlander (short: edh aka commander)