PDA

View Full Version : Games to play while waiting for HEX - is infinity wars any good?

BohemianStalker
07-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Hey Hexers,

I am going to see my best friend (it has been some time) and I would like to play hex with him so much, unfortunately I cant:/ . I found infinity wars beta keys - a seller is offering me those for few bucks one, is it even good? I mean I dotn mind paying 5 bucks but can we play together in that game?

Or do you guys have any other suggestions? Maybe some co-op games - rpgs and so on...
Thanks!

Mr.Funsocks
07-01-2013, 08:40 AM
Going through some Steam backlog atm. Binding of Isaac is first up, and goddamn it's hard... Legend of Grimrock and Breath of Death are on there too. As well as starting yet another game of Civ V.

incitfulmonk21
07-01-2013, 08:46 AM
I will be happy to give you a beta key for free. It's still in the beggining stages but it's fun and has some really cool artwork.

If you want a key just create an account and pm me the e-mail you used to set-up. we have unlimited beta keys not sure why anyone would sell them.

Edit: apparently username works as well so if you would rather pm me that then that's fine as well.

jaxsonbatemanhex
07-01-2013, 08:50 AM
I've been playing a little Infinity Wars atm (I believe you can get free access by referral, but I'm not sure of all the details; all I know is that I got in for free via a referral), and it's ok. It's quite a bit different from other TCGs I've played, and has its upsides and downsides.

As is to be expected though, if you aren't willing to put money into it then accruing cards is a very slow slog, and you'd lose to anyone who's been playing long enough (or put money into it) in order to acquire the top decks. Which is pretty much the same as most TCGs. Just mentioning it as I'm not willing to put money into it (saving for Hex), so at this point I'm only just starting to put stuff together, and still have a long way to go (can only easily acquire 1050 IP - currency - a day, and the starter decks which have a large amount of cards take about 14k. Plus there's no auction house or trading option yet, so your only options are starters, boosters of 3 common cards, or putting money into it).

Personally, I'm playing Pokemon Fire Red. Haven't got anything more recent than that and cbb buying black/white 2 now with X/Y so close, but I'm enjoying myself. The stories and pokes may change, but the basic gameplay is the same whether it's gen 3 or gen 4/5. :-P

Shadowelf
07-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Haven't played infinity wars but i'll check it out. Currently playing Duels of Champions and some Witcher 2

BohemianStalker
07-01-2013, 09:08 AM
I will be happy to give you a beta key for free. It's still in the beggining stages but it's fun and has some really cool artwork.

If you want a key just create an account and pm me the e-mail you used to set-up. we have unlimited beta keys not sure why anyone would sell them.

Edit: apparently username works as well so if you would rather pm me that then that's fine as well.

sent you pm thank you very much :-)

incitfulmonk21
07-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Happy to help. the key will go to your e-mail. when we play each other we get additional IP so even better then a standard beta key :).

BohemianStalker
07-01-2013, 09:14 AM
btw guys gimme some more coop games! I checked most of the games here and they are solo!

Like borderlands 2 :-D

thanks all though I personally recommend you folks SMITE you can register or I can send you invite :-)

EntropyBall
07-01-2013, 09:48 AM
I played Smite a while ago and enjoyed it, now my launcher always says the servers are down.

Mr.Funsocks
07-01-2013, 10:39 AM
How did I not hear about Smite before? Looks neat, dling it now. Sadly, until I run the cable wire to my room (for which I need a ladder...) so I can move my modem and not be on wifi, I won't get to play much I don't think. My computer has this weird obsession with not liking wifi very much.

Corpselocker
07-01-2013, 10:52 AM
My son and I downloaded the original EQ (FTP) and grinded on it for part of the weekend. The tutorial area is awful, the interface is unintuitive, but man... it was challenging and fun.

f5shooter
07-01-2013, 11:01 AM
Someone on here posted about Kingdoms CCG, and I've been playing that. Pretty fun little CCG. They sucked me into buying some booster packs trying to build a decent deck.

Dralon
07-01-2013, 11:07 AM
A number of us in Utopian Chaos are playing in a number of those games, including Infinity Wars, Kingdoms, Smite, Solforge, Ascension Online, Magic 2014, and others, while waiting impatiently on Hex. Our site has lots of information on all those games, as well as occassional visits by some of the devs and some giveaways. Click on my sig to stop by if interested, find out more information about the games and people to play with.

Daken
07-01-2013, 12:28 PM
How did I not hear about Smite before? Looks neat, dling it now. Sadly, until I run the cable wire to my room (for which I need a ladder...) so I can move my modem and not be on wifi, I won't get to play much I don't think. My computer has this weird obsession with not liking wifi very much.

Smite is a really fun game, I personally like it compared to other mobas because of the differences it has. (Not taking anything away from LoL or Dota2). Other than that I jump into Arma 3 and Don't starve. I really should finish Bioshock Infinite maybe I will do that this weekend.

incitfulmonk21
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Wow got all kinds of pm's today.

Just remember to make your account first. Still happy to give away keys.

Mesquite
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Infinity Wars is pretty fun, with some interesting bluffing mechanics and more in-depth gameplay than you find in similar lane style card games (like Duel of Champions or SolForge or Spectromancer). However, I think the UI is absolutely dreadful and their updates come at a snail's pace, so I'm not sure when/if that game is ever going to make open beta.

Tons of great steam sales going on (with the Summersale supposed to start in 10 days), and I also recommend Solstice Arena, Eclipse, and Ascension on iOS if you have the means.

In2gamez
07-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Yeah smite is fun been playing that since CB. You could try Scrolls aswell its really fun and different then other Tcgs.

uhhm strange nobody else mentioned it tho =P

P.S. its not free btw its 15 dollars i think

tautologico
07-01-2013, 02:43 PM
I have just been looking into Infinity Wars and it seems interesting. Many features in common with HEX, but they made almost 20 times less money on their Kickstarter. I think they also asked for too little money, 6k is a drop in a bucket for developing a game like this on multiple platforms. Maybe that's why updates are slow. I might try this in the future but now I have my hands full with Duels 2014.

BohemianStalker
07-01-2013, 03:36 PM
so thanks to incitfulmonk21 i was made junkie and got hooked immidietly. Infintiy wars is lots of fun...and I am able to beat people with really bad common deck, i have no rares and I still win (well sometimes :-) ) not bad at all :)

mydragoon
07-01-2013, 06:04 PM
atm, i'm playing Elves Realm. CCG -- so, its non-tradeable.

Elves Real is a variation of Lies of Azeroth, but meant for Asia. it's just to pass time while waiting for Hex. was previously on Fantasica, but taking a break... if you wanna see example of REAL pay to win, look no further than Fantasica.

heatzz
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Try Might and Magic Duels of Champions, you do not have to pay a cent, it will get you somewhere in elo rating.

Mr.Funsocks
07-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Try Might and Magic Duels of Champions, you do not have to pay a cent, it will get you somewhere in elo rating.

Eh, that was about a 4-5 hour game before the interest dried up for me.

Ginaz
07-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I've been playing a lot of free MMOs like World of Tanks, Rift, Star Trek Online and a few others. Magic 2014 is a little better than the previous version and I just got the Steam early access version of Solforge today. Both have been pretty fun so far. I tried Scrolls but it just didn't click for me and I haven't played it in weeks.

Mivo
07-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Most of my time is spent on Scrolls at the moment. I really like how it combines CCG elements with board game elements. One of my favorite games this year.

heatzz
07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
I've been playing a lot of free MMOs like World of Tanks, Rift, Star Trek Online and a few others. Magic 2014 is a little better than the previous version and I just got the Steam early access version of Solforge today. Both have been pretty fun so far. I tried Scrolls but it just didn't click for me and I haven't played it in weeks.

Solforge is pretty expensive, but for those who are committed to the game well it's definitely worth since u get 20 booster on release, otherwise, I would like to spent on Hex instead ;)

Most of my time is spent on Scrolls at the moment. I really like how it combines CCG elements with board game elements. One of my favorite games this year.

They certainly need to come out with solution of existing card or release more new cards quickly, they are losing player-base by each day. Game is certainly fun but constantly facing same deck & long turn waiting time is pretty boring.

AstaSyneri
07-02-2013, 12:28 AM
I anticipate having my hands full once Hex comes out for real. While there is a CCG itch right now, I refuse to scratch it. Rather I am spending time on my back log of games.

Last night I had an hour to spend gaming (what else to do with such a huge continuous chunk of time, eh?). Almost started up XCOM, but was too tired (Ironman mode is not very forgiving when you make mistakes), so I defaulted to Civ 5. Just a few more turns, you know how it is.

For such a scenario Tower Defense games work well, too. Defense Grid (very nice!), iBomber, Defender's Quest, Orcs Must Die all work pretty well for me. Of course then there is the mother of all Tower Defense: Dungeon Defenders.

majin
07-02-2013, 12:57 AM
playing duels of champions while waiting for the civ 5's latest expansion. then my time will be spent on these 2 until hex arrives

BohemianStalker
07-02-2013, 02:01 AM
I anticipate having my hands full once Hex comes out for real. While there is a CCG itch right now, I refuse to scratch it. Rather I am spending time on my back log of games.

Last night I had an hour to spend gaming (what else to do with such a huge continuous chunk of time, eh?). Almost started up XCOM, but was too tired (Ironman mode is not very forgiving when you make mistakes), so I defaulted to Civ 5. Just a few more turns, you know how it is.

For such a scenario Tower Defense games work well, too. Defense Grid (very nice!), iBomber, Defender's Quest, Orcs Must Die all work pretty well for me. Of course then there is the mother of all Tower Defense: Dungeon Defenders.

Asta , do you know Gemcraft? An excellent tower defense :)

Mivo
07-02-2013, 06:58 AM
Got into the Infinity Wars beta (thanks to incitfulmonk2!) and I've been playing that all day. Surprisingly good and very beautiful animated cards. :) There seems to be an update today that enables card trading.

Jaydawg6958
07-02-2013, 07:18 AM
A few suggestions for people looking for games to play..

The guy who was looking for a co-op game like Borderlands 2 , have you ever heard of Fuse? It's only on Xbox 360 and PS3, but it's co-op focused with a deep upgrade system similar to BL2

For solo players The Walking Dead 400 Days comes out this week, bridging last years season 1 and the upcoming season 2. TWD is available on most platforms, iOS, Steam and consoles.

Alucard
07-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Infinity Wars looks cool. I definitely would like to give it a try (I have PMed you, incitfulmonk2, if you have any more beta keys available).

What features are available in the beta?

majin
07-02-2013, 08:17 AM
downloading infinity wars now, if someone can PM me an invite code, i would really appreciate it. thanks

incitfulmonk21
07-02-2013, 08:20 AM
It's the very beggining of beta. So a lot of features arent in. Right now it is constructed and merged pvp. some pve and scenarios. no trading yet. they just added some cattegories for sleeves avatars and such but nothing in them. They also have quests that give you cards.

Edit: sent you the beta invite.

Alucard
07-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Thanks incitfulmonk21! It looks like there is a lot of content to play around with. I will definitely be checking it out after work today!

It's the very beggining of beta. So a lot of features arent in. Right now it is constructed and merged pvp. some pve and scenarios. no trading yet. they just added some cattegories for sleeves avatars and such but nothing in them. They also have quests that give you cards.

Edit: sent you the beta invite.

Prodygi
07-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Sent PM.

Vibraxus
07-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Neverwinter is quite fun, and Im also playing some Marvel Heroes and anxiously awaiting my FF14 beta invite.

incitfulmonk21
07-02-2013, 09:12 AM
I too am awaiting an Invite to FFIVX

The PS3 one though as my computer can't handle crap.

Vibraxus
07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
I too am awaiting an Invite to FFIVX

The PS3 one though as my computer can't handle crap.

When I get home, I do believe Ill create an infinity wars login and ask for a code :)

incitfulmonk21
07-02-2013, 09:27 AM
You better. I need lot's more players to duel :)

EntropyBall
07-02-2013, 02:21 PM

Dungeon Defenders is awesome. Soooo much gameplay for so cheap. I think I spent like $6 on that game and Steam says I've played 150 hrs.

Doxy
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Im playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Magic DOTP 2014 and FFXIV when its up on weekends.

majin
07-02-2013, 05:26 PM
thanks incitfulmonk21 for the invite :)

IndigoShade
07-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks from me too! Time to see if I can resist spending $ on Infinity Wars while I wait for HEX. I'll feel guilty not supporting them if I turn out to like the game, but I already spent too much on HEX :p

Daylen007
07-02-2013, 08:54 PM
If anyone has any to give out, I would really like to get my hands on an Infinity Wars beta key.

incitfulmonk21
07-02-2013, 08:59 PM
I am really glad everyone is enjoying the game. Not hex but something to tide me over until beta. Again if you want a key I am still happy to provide one but please send me your username or e-mail when you pm me. My box gets very full very quickly :).

incitfulmonk21
07-03-2013, 10:01 AM
They added trading today which is nice for a tcg :)

CoS
07-03-2013, 10:58 AM
The new Ascension expansion released on iOS this week. Soul Gems are cool but can be a bit OP depending on your top deck. I love the interface for my iPhone5 and I can only hope that Hex is just as smooth.

Wildling
07-03-2013, 11:47 AM
I just signed up for Infinity Wars and am now waiting for a Beta activation code. I'd ask if someone has a code I can use, but I already signed up for the mailing list and I'm unsure what would happen if I used a different code than the one I'll hopefully get soon.

Some things strikes me as odd though: I can't seem to log in on the site since I I installed the game. It doesn't even give me a fale user name warning. The site just loads normally without any changes. It also seems to load slower than before for some reason. I'm also a little nervous that I had to enter my full name and nationality to register. Usually I give sites like that a wide berth. i hope I'm just being paranoid here...

CoS
07-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey all you Lord of the Rings fan! Just ran across this today, a nice tutorial of how to play LOTR on Gemp, done by 3rdof9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azvdgl4LScs

Check it out and destroy the One ring, I hear Dan Clark was good at this game once ;)

WSzaboPeter
07-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I would love to get a beta key for Infinity Wars, but I missed kickstarter. :( How can I get one?

QuartZ
07-04-2013, 01:08 PM
All this talking made me wanna try Infinity Wars. I will probably donwload it later.
Since november im playing Path of Exile as well and i dont think on quitting soon. Is a very good game for those who like ARPGs and/or miss diablo 2.

Edit: Just installed it. Searching for a key now ;D
Edit 2. thanks a lot incitfulmonk21, gonna try it now

keroko
07-04-2013, 01:13 PM
is it 2am tomorrow yet?...

http://instagram.com/p/bIN6PrzfHW/

server: Midgardsormr
char: amaimon lostmysparkl or praisebe midgardsormr

keroko in smite

BohemianStalker
07-04-2013, 03:09 PM
is it 2am tomorrow yet?...

http://instagram.com/p/bIN6PrzfHW/

server: Midgardsormr
char: amaimon lostmysparkl or praisebe midgardsormr

keroko in smite

can you go spam somewhere else, I really dont find your posts that funny or constructive.

---------

guys you can also pm me about infinity..I discovered the magic too :-)

Draugr
07-04-2013, 03:17 PM
I am really glad everyone is enjoying the game. Not hex but something to tide me over until beta. Again if you want a key I am still happy to provide one but please send me your username or e-mail when you pm me. My box gets very full very quickly :).

PM sent.

ZeroXFlame
07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Im currently playing: Magic 2014, LoL, Kings and Legends Global, and DiceVenture(sort of like online monopoly xD). I registered for Infinity Wars and waiting for a beta key through email but no luck so far (T_T). Also waiting for a new card game called Devil Maker Tokyo for iOS supposedly releases on July 8th. All these will be pushed aside once Hex comes out ofc lol.

panzer
07-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I tried infinity wars and did not like it. it felt too awkward compared to most card games. If I gave it more time I might come to like it but I doubt i'll give it the time.

Aradon
07-04-2013, 07:14 PM
I've been playing SolForge since it came to Steam. It's still very early in implementation, but fun to play. Quite a different game than Magic or Hex, though. Easy to lose a lot of hours in, but without a larger card pool, I've played about as much as I wanted to of it after a good 10-15 hours.

majin
07-04-2013, 07:58 PM
i also tried infinity wars but went back to duels of champions. it's buggy, no trading but I find it more enjoyable to play while i wait for hex

heatzz
07-04-2013, 11:43 PM
Im currently playing: Magic 2014, LoL, Kings and Legends Global, and DiceVenture(sort of like online monopoly xD). I registered for Infinity Wars and waiting for a beta key through email but no luck so far (T_T). Also waiting for a new card game called Devil Maker Tokyo for iOS supposedly releases on July 8th. All these will be pushed aside once Hex comes out ofc lol.

I'll look forward to Devil Maker Tokyo but it will be android release 1st though.

Oli
07-17-2013, 11:23 AM
I installed Infinity Wars to kill some time too... :)
Does anybody have a key to spare?

Installed MTGO the 2nd day it went live (and left after Ravnica). Hex really brought TCGs back on my gaming-radar.

Oliver

Xintia
07-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Wish I had more time to play IW to find out if I really like it or not. It feels like it has lots of potential, but I don't see myself spending money on it like I will on HEX.

Kami
07-17-2013, 03:44 PM
Currently hooked on: Card Hunter - http://www.cardhunter.com/ :)

Xtopher
07-17-2013, 07:36 PM
If anyone has a spare Infinity Wars key, plz consider sending it my way!

Gregoroth
07-18-2013, 04:10 AM
I am also interested in trying out Infinity Wars, If anyone has spare key to invite, that would be awesome.

My name for Infinity Wars is: Gregoroth

Slamdancer
07-18-2013, 04:33 AM
Infinity Wars i found to be extremely dull and boring.

Playing Kings and Legends on Kong at the moment, also Path of Exile and Shadow Era. In addition, some Duel of Champions on the IPad.