PDA

View Full Version : Alpha/Beta on tablets?

verozo
07-01-2013, 07:26 PM
Have they mentioned it anywhere?

Rycajo
07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm sure they cannot guarantee this at this time, though I also haven't seen them say it wouldn't happen. As of the end of the kickstarter they did not have a contract in place for a company to even begin work on the app.

Hatts
07-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Actually I think they do already have a company. In an interview Cory said they did, but didn't say the name. Then there is this from Brandon Sanderson's blog:

There's also a cool Kickstarter campaign (well past its goal, ending in two days) from Cryptozoic Entertainment for a digital TCG/MMO called HEX. The developers of the (targeted for fall 2014) MISTBORN: BIRTHRIGHT video game, Little Orbit, are working on this game with Cryptozoic. My congratulations to all of them for such a successful Kickstarter!

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/1170/Book-trailer-for-THE-RITHMATIST

My guess is that they are holding off announcing Little Orbit for when they announce that Brandon is writing the book.

keldrin
07-01-2013, 08:10 PM
from kickstarter compiled question/answer list
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=23180

Q:I don't know if this was already asked, but do you plan for a mobile / pad release? Or maybe OUYA / Gamestick support? Maybe on stretch goals?
A:We are planning on a tablet/mobile release. The tech has been built from the ground up to work on tablets and mobile devices. We just don't think we can have that done in time for release, so it will come later. It's been part of the plan all along, though.

Hatts
07-01-2013, 08:12 PM
That's from before the stretch goal, they are aiming for releasing them at the same time.

Bossett
07-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I think they're building on Unity (http://unity3d.com/), so hopefully that means that the code is largely there, and they don't have to build mobile largely from scratch. Should mean that desktop/tablet editions stay 'in sync' too.

heatzz
07-01-2013, 08:40 PM
I'll just be content with PC, they could take their time on Tablet to avoid any mishap.

Miwa
07-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Maybe at release time (not beta, but when it comes out of beta). I'd doubt very seriously that hiring a team and getting them started would have any chance at all of anything usable being shipped at beta time.

Zarien
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
Actually I think they do already have a company. In an interview Cory said they did, but didn't say the name. Then there is this from Brandon Sanderson's blog:

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/1170/Book-trailer-for-THE-RITHMATIST

My guess is that they are holding off announcing Little Orbit for when they announce that Brandon is writing the book.

I think it would be amazing if brandon wrote the novel. But honestly, I don't think he will have the time for it. I mean, if there is anyone who can spit out novels one after another while doing other projects, it's him. But in this case I think he just wanted to spread the word on Hex tcg since he plans on playing it. He still has so much work to do with the stormlight series, other mistborn works, continuation of rithmatist and etc. He might be stacking his plate a bit high with a hex tcg novel.

Zarien
07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
I also don't see them releasing tablet support for alpha/beta. They might have tablet support near the end of beta, so we can test it before launching live, but I expect it will be awhile before any real progress is made in that area.

Xintia
07-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Since I'm saving my pennies for a new tablet for Xmas, I'm content to wait for the mobile app. :) It seems an awfully tall order to have it ready for launch anyway, unless a lot of the ground work was already in place before the Kickstarter.

Mivo
07-01-2013, 10:29 PM
If they use Unity, it's feasible, I think. Still a lot of extra work, but it's more manageable than if they had to start from scratch. While I have an iPad (2) and will probably buy the next model later in the year, I'll probably play Hex mostly on the PC. Ah, I'm fine with whatever version, as long as I get to play! :p

Shadowelf
07-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Maybe at release time (not beta, but when it comes out of beta). I'd doubt very seriously that hiring a team and getting them started would have any chance at all of anything usable being shipped at beta time.

This. I'm also under the impression that official launch will coincide with release on tablets; sounds like the most sensible way to do it