PDA

View Full Version : Hex at Gen Con

vohdre
07-03-2013, 09:14 AM
So I figured Crytozoic would have something for Hex at Gen Con, but I have found that there's a "League" listed where you can play apparently whatever build they're in at the time on their computers there for $10 throughout the Con. I'm wondering if this is the same build / game you'll be able to play as a KS Backer or if this will be some kind of slimmed down demo for the convention.

Gaming Group
/ Company: Cryptozoic Entertainment
Title: HEX MMO Trading Card Game League
Description: From the creators of the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game, HEX is a TCG/MMO that combines the best of both for your PC & MAC. Sign up once and play all weekend long on one of our computer stations!
Event Type: EGM - Electronic Games
Game System: HEX MMO Trading Card Game
Rules Edition: 1st
Minimum
Number of Players: 2
Maximum
Number of Players: Unlimited
Minimum Age: Everyone (6+)
Experience Required: None (You've never played before - rules will be taught)
Materials Provided: Yes, materials are provided for this game. You do not need to bring your own.
Start Date & Time: Thursday at 12:00 PM
Duration: 10 hours
End Date & Time: Sunday at 3:00 PM
GM(s):
Web Address
for more information:
Email Address
for more information:
Tournament: No, this is not a tournament.
Cost: $10.00

Chiany
07-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I think it's the same pre alpha version that was playable at Nacc.

houjix
07-03-2013, 09:37 AM

Hopefully with less bugs and a few more decks.

Shadowelf
07-03-2013, 09:42 AM

Depending on the date of Gencon, we might see something new. I mean it's been almost a month since Nacc, they ought to have something more to show

Mr.Funsocks
07-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Depending on the date of Gencon, we might see something new. I mean it's been almost a month since Nacc, they ought to have something more to show

They kinda better have something by then. They only have 2 months (maybe up to 3) before they're supposed to let us in. That means they aught to be ~ 1/3 of the way there from what they had during KS.

Captain_Obvious
07-03-2013, 10:26 AM
They kinda better have something by then. They only have 2 months (maybe up to 3) before they're supposed to let us in. That means they aught to be ~ 1/3 of the way there from what they had during KS.

Gencon is mid August so I imagine that we all should be starting Alpha at that time or extremely close.

Mr.Funsocks
07-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Ah, well then they DEFINITELY better have something cool by then...

ossuary
07-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Not necessarily. They're under no obligation to show new material at the next convention, especially if it interferes with their development timeline. I'd MUCH rather see them spend time working on OUR version of the game, than making a newer dummy version for the public. :)

Lots of companies over the years have brought a demo to E3, and then shown pretty much the exact same demo 4-5 months later at TGS. It's not unheard of.

DjiN
07-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Possible that alpha will be released at GenCon or the week after.

Mr.Funsocks
07-03-2013, 02:27 PM
I didn't say they WOULD show something else. Just that they'll HAVE something else they COULD show :-P

Xintia
07-03-2013, 02:31 PM
Well and anything a developer shows off at a convention like this is typical one or two "builds" behind where ever they happen to be "in house." So even if they don't show anything new here, I'm sure they are further along behind the scenes. That said... I'm all for spoiling some more cards. :)

billybogota
07-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Nice -- thanks, I almost missed this one.