PDA

View Full Version : [ARTICLE] HEX Profiteering - General Strategies (Part 2) @ HEXRealms.com

Typhon
07-03-2013, 12:11 PM
In Part 1 of Killer Mutant's HEX Profiteering (http://www.hexrealms.com/content.php?110-Hex-Profiteering-General-Strategies-(Part-1)) series, we went into Kickstarter, the Auction House, and other ways to make money from HEX! This time we look at the Metagame, Events, and PVP & PVE!

The current meta is a key component in card value. The best cards in the current meta will appreciate reliably as long as the current meta stays in place until stabilizing. If the meta changes, the values of these cards may stagnate or decrease. Beware of buying cards at their peak value.

On release initial valuation of cards will be difficult. We have Magic to compare the price of rares to, however everything in Hex is less expensive and we can only speculate as to the long term popularity and viability of Hex. Be careful in the early days while value is established! There will be bargains to be had. However, there will also be those looking to cash in on the hype around the game and specific cards. Stay disciplined!

[Read More on HEXRealms.com (http://www.hexrealms.com/content.php?112-Hex-Profiteering-General-Strategies-(Part-2))]

lucedes
07-03-2013, 01:07 PM
the little note at the end is priceless.

in the end, i guess the economy's health is also predicated on the popularity of PvE as well as PvP.

PvE may well add the longevity and market stability we need in the long run by acting as a source of demand for excess singles. Even if they get leeched off into the primarily PvE market in exchange for gold, it limits the number of playsets per capita, and thus drives the price of PvP singles up again.

Shadowelf
07-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Although not big, i'm surprised at the pace u guys are posting articles; didn't expect part 2 till a couple of days later, so thumbs up. As for the article sound advice and yeah as lucedes above already mentioned, the little note at end the is :p

Yoss
07-03-2013, 01:38 PM
I'd prefer better articles, less frequently. These snipets make it seem like you're just grubbing for site traffic. Parts 1 and 2 could easily have been combined and/or fleshed out more.

Killer.Mutant
07-03-2013, 02:22 PM
I'd prefer better articles, less frequently. These snipets make it seem like you're just grubbing for site traffic. Parts 1 and 2 could easily have been combined and/or fleshed out more.

Worried about short attention spans... :)

The first couple are really just intro to try and get everyone on a similar page and ease into where I'm going with this. I don't think you'll have this same complaint about the third article. It's just a little heavier.