PDA

View Full Version : We want twitch!

ConnorJS
07-04-2013, 12:06 PM
Am I the only one who is desperate for another twitch livestream? It only takes a couple of hours out of their busy schedules and gives us hours and hours of stuff to discuss on the forums..... Maybe if enough people post here they'll do another one?

Shadowelf
07-04-2013, 12:11 PM
I would love one if they can spare the time; maybe they are preparing one for Gencon?

ConnorJS
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I would love one if they can spare the time; maybe they are preparing one for Gencon?

Hopefully, I think I'm going to die if I don't see anything new soon! We're all being relatively deprived since the KS campaign :(.

saffamike
07-04-2013, 12:13 PM
I'm in favour of this idea!

ConnorJS
07-04-2013, 12:20 PM
I wish they would just livestream while they're testing it, because that way we get to see progress and see them at work :).

Icepick
07-04-2013, 12:31 PM
It only takes a couple of hours out of their busy schedules and gives us hours and hours of stuff to discuss on the forums

A couple of hours for the stream itself perhaps. But they need people to prepare a build for testing, work out which decks/cards they want to show, test everything at least a couple of times before hand etc etc. This kind of thing takes a disproportionate amount of work, not just the 1 or 2 hours of the stream you see.
That said, yes, I would love them to do some more streams!

ConnorJS
07-04-2013, 12:34 PM
A couple of hours for the stream itself perhaps. But they need people to prepare a build for testing, work out which decks/cards they want to show, test everything at least a couple of times before hand etc etc. This kind of thing takes a disproportionate amount of work, not just the 1 or 2 hours of the stream you see.
That said, yes, I would love them to do some more streams!

What I was suggesting is just streaming everything, so we watch them pick the decks, test it etc. Even if it doesn't work out in the end we get a bit of a Q&A as well as some possible gameplay. However if they are too busy to fit anything in then of course it will be better for them to keep developing.

Shadowelf
07-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Even if it doesn't work out in the end we get a bit of a Q&A as well as some possible gameplay. anything in then of course it will be

A stream where they will sit around and answer questions would have been enough for me; it isn't necessary to prepare vids or decks

ConnorJS
07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
A stream where they will sit around and answer questions would have been enough for me; it isn't necessary to prepare vids or decks

Me too, more than anything with the twitch streams I was enjoying the questions and any spoilers :). Even like a 60 min Q&A every week would be great :D.

PetyrBaelish
07-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I love watching game play and seeing battle tactics and new cards being revealed. I hope we get at least one more stream before alpha/beta.

felmare
07-04-2013, 12:59 PM
signed

Hatts
07-04-2013, 01:39 PM
At one point they talked about covering some PvE stuff on stream, that would be awesome... I want to know more :)

ConnorJS
07-04-2013, 02:48 PM
At one point they talked about covering some PvE stuff on stream, that would be awesome... I want to know more :)

I really hope they can stream us some PvE or at least just record some! Or at the very least just some screenshots :(

Gorgol
07-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't want one so that they can spend as much time as possible working on the game?

limpit
07-05-2013, 07:53 AM
I'd like to add my name to the list.. I've not long finished watching all the previous Twitch videos and I'm desperate for something new to watch!

Chiany
07-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't want one so that they can spend as much time as possible working on the game?

No, some previews per week is enough for me.

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 08:24 AM

We're now suggesting a simple Q&A, only 1 hour out of their busy schedules! Even a Q&A on the forums which would take even less..

Slish
07-05-2013, 11:01 AM
These threads seem too pop-up now and then. Asking for more updates mainly. Not so much about twitch stream yet, but it's the same idea. And there are often people saying "Yes, indeed! More plz!" and people saying: "No, they should give only few updates so they have more time to work on the game!".

I'm starting to get annoyed by the latter argument. I bet they would love updates as well, the argument that it would delay the release-date is just half-true I suppose. I mean. At most, yes it will take a couple days, maybe even 1-2 weeks total! Who cares, I would prefer more updates and streams and 1-2 week delay in releasedate any day! :P

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm starting to get annoyed by the latter argument. I bet they would love updates as well, the argument that it would delay the release-date is just half-true I suppose. I mean. At most, yes it will take a couple days, maybe even 1-2 weeks total! Who cares, I would prefer more updates and streams and 1-2 week delay in releasedate any day! :P

Agreed, if they did a 1 hour twitch Q&A the game would be delayed by less than one hour (not all employees are going to be working on the twitch). Plus getting the feedback would essentially make the game better and more community driven. I don't see how putting someone on a Q&A for a few hour sessions is going to severely delay the game. Even just livestreaming a few of their meetings would be cool so we get to know what's going on.

Gorgol
07-05-2013, 11:31 AM
If it were just Q&A sure why not. I just think if they did that people still would not be happy and would want more and more and more.

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 11:41 AM
If it were just Q&A sure why not. I just think if they did that people still would not be happy and would want more and more and more.

Those people are the people who don't mind the game being pushed back and they can suck it :P. A Q&A would just give the forums some life again, they've been in a coma for a while now :L

Chiany
07-05-2013, 11:48 AM
Those people are the people who don't mind the game being pushed back and they can suck it :P. A Q&A would just give the forums some life again, they've been in a coma for a while now :L

That's because we are saving energy for those sleepless weeks hen Beta hits ;)

Shadowelf
07-05-2013, 12:20 PM
That's because we are saving energy for those sleepless weeks hen Beta hits ;)

Yeap i've been stacking energy pills/drinks and lots of coffee already;)

__X__
07-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure they'll twitch more once all their Continental Champs are over and they're all back in the office.

Hatts
07-05-2013, 12:50 PM

I agree, I'm sure not every hour of every day of each employee is on the critical path to release. Heck, I'd even watch one of their QA people run a dungeon without commentary which would be something they were doing anyways :)

Thallium45
07-05-2013, 02:51 PM
it really is hard for me to decide, while I would truly love to have a little more than weekly updates and a preview here and there. Id also like for them to work on getting us alpha asap even if its not perfect, because then we will have way more to discuss than just asking questions about stuff we can already talk about. However, I am getting sick of all the threads popping up with different variations of the same questions, makes me want to leave the forums untill alpha.

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
I agree, I'm sure not every hour of every day of each employee is on the critical path to release. Heck, I'd even watch one of their QA people run a dungeon without commentary which would be something they were doing anyways :)

Another update with no livestream/videos :(. I'm starting to give up on seeing any gameplay anytime soon.

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 02:53 PM
I am getting sick of all the threads popping up with different variations of the same questions, makes me want to leave the forums untill alpha.

Don't look at them/post in them then...

Shadowelf
07-05-2013, 02:57 PM
Another update with no livestream/videos :(. I'm starting to give up on seeing any gameplay anytime soon.

Yeap Gencon seems like our only hope for videos or a stream

Shaqattaq
07-05-2013, 02:59 PM
This week, we ordered a separate server just to hold builds that we want to use for Twitch while our engineers, developers work on the game, so that's something that's solved right there. R&D is currently in a sprint to finish some Set 2 work for a mini-milestone, so they're not available at the moment. There are a lot of moving parts in streaming a pre-alpha game: when certain keywords, cards will be scripted, when the team is available, when can decks be built in addition to big-picture scheduling stuff like "how many key features do we want to highlight before X date." We certainly want to stream more video, but we're still a small, scrappy team and we have to balance getting gameplay stuff implemented and moving the client along with delivering content to you.

Kyle and I are looking at the schedule to see when it would be best for the team to stream again and hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

Shadowelf
07-05-2013, 03:09 PM
This week, we ordered a separate server just to hold builds that we want to use for Twitch while our engineers, developers work on the game, so that's something that's solved right there. R&D is currently in a sprint to finish some Set 2 work for a mini-milestone, so they're not available at the moment. There are a lot of moving parts in streaming a pre-alpha game: when certain keywords, cards will be scripted, when the team is available, when can decks be built in addition to big-picture scheduling stuff like "how many key features do we want to highlight before X date." We certainly want to stream more video, but we're still a small, scrappy team and we have to balance getting gameplay stuff implemented and moving the client along with delivering content to you.

Kyle and I are looking at the schedule to see when it would be best for the team to stream again and hopefully we'll have an answer soon.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Any chance for a Q&A stream, even without any content prepared, or is this too much too ask ?

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Awesome, thanks for the reply. Any chance for a Q&A stream, even without any content prepared, or is this too much too ask ?

Yeah I think most of the community look forward to the Q&A more than the gameplay :P

Shaqattaq
07-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Yeah I think most of the community look forward to the Q&A more than the gameplay :P

Q&A is oddly enough even more difficult to schedule than a live stream. We have to be in a place where we have public-ready, finalized plans in place to answer questions. I know its no fun to be told "soon" or "we're working on that feature," but its much worse to go out with information and then later have to change what we said. We don't want to disappont people going out with information too early. Through social media and these forums, we're very much aware of what questions the community has, and we want to answer them. But we have to wait until those answers are ready. So, we will do Q&A, but I don't know when that will be. Probably when we're much further along in client development.

Chadatog
07-05-2013, 06:00 PM
I honestly thought that this was going to be a thread about Cryptozoic teaming up with Twitch.tv to highlight things like large tournaments shout casted by some of the greats.

ConnorJS
07-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Q&A is oddly enough even more difficult to schedule than a live stream. We have to be in a place where we have public-ready, finalized plans in place to answer questions. I know its no fun to be told "soon" or "we're working on that feature," but its much worse to go out with information and then later have to change what we said. We don't want to disappont people going out with information too early. Through social media and these forums, we're very much aware of what questions the community has, and we want to answer them. But we have to wait until those answers are ready. So, we will do Q&A, but I don't know when that will be. Probably when we're much further along in client development.

I understand now, keep doing what you're doing :). Good to know you're getting stuff out ASAP, just sounds like Alpha is quite a while off...

Thallium45
07-05-2013, 09:51 PM
I understand now, keep doing what you're doing :). Good to know you're getting stuff out ASAP, just sounds like Alpha is quite a while off...

Agreed

Shaqattaq
07-05-2013, 11:38 PM

I wouldn't take it that way in terms of an alpha date. Too many moving pieces at this point to pin that down, including looking for a very special senior engineer to add to the team.

Shadowelf
07-06-2013, 01:04 AM
I wouldn't take it that way in terms of an alpha date. Too many moving pieces at this point to pin that down, including looking for a very special senior engineer to add to the team.

I understand; thanks for sparing some of ur time answering our questions, and keep up the good work :)

Xenavire
07-06-2013, 08:49 AM

That is more than enough to get on with, and we can rest easy knowing things are getting done. I hope everything is going smoothly for you guys.

Can I ask though, when/if you plan a livestream, could you sticky it here on the forums with a link, even if you post it elsewhere? Just to make it easier for everyone.

Shadowelf
07-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Can I ask though, when/if you plan a livestream, could you sticky it here on the forums with a link, even if you post it elsewhere? Just to make it easier for everyone.

Yeap second this , info is so thinly spread out that its a headache to track. Plus it would be nice to watch live and throw some questions their way

ConnorJS
07-06-2013, 03:50 PM

If they post the date on the KS update then it will 100% make its way onto the forums.

Xenavire
07-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Official sticky from a mod means it would not get lost on page 2+, and they could give a clear overview of what the stream would have (most times something is linked on the forums its a link as OP with no additional information, sometimes not even the time or date.)

Just saying it would be a nice touch, even if it is not vital. I remember the stickied poll got a lot of activity, so it just seemed like a good suggestion.

ConnorJS
07-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Official sticky from a mod means it would not get lost on page 2+, and they could give a clear overview of what the stream would have (most times something is linked on the forums its a link as OP with no additional information, sometimes not even the time or date.)

Just saying it would be a nice touch, even if it is not vital. I remember the stickied poll got a lot of activity, so it just seemed like a good suggestion.

Yeah agreed, I wish they'd put a tad more into the forums. Although I have seen more activity recently.