PDA

View Full Version : STAFF CALL: StarCityGames.com Core Circuit!

demonfae
07-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Good afternoon all,

As some of you may have heard from NACC, StarCityGames.com is proud to present the WoW TCG Core Circuit at our Open Series events, starting with Baltimore on August 25th. These are Sunday-only events, and...you guessed it, we're looking for judges!

We have one judge position available for each event. You *must* be at least an Expert (Level 2) Judge to apply. If you also happen to be DCI certified, and are interested in judging the Opens, let me know, and we can see about getting you on staff for the entire weekend.

Regretfully, travel sponsorships are not available for these events.

Dates and locations:

Baltimore - August 25th
Cincinnati - September 1st
Philadelphia - September 8th
Atlanta - September 15th
Worcester - September 29th
Cleveland - October 6th
Milwaukee - October 13th
Seattle - October 20th
Indianapolis - October 27th
Los Angeles - November 3rd
Dallas/Fort Worth - November 10th
Providence - November 24th
Oakland - December 8th
Las Vegas - December 15th

Compensation

Core Circuit judges have the option of working all of Sunday, helping out with the Legacy Open (or whatever format Sunday happens to be), or working only the Core Circuit event. You do not need to be a certified Magic judge to work the Magic event, but you do need to be familiar with tournament procedures--posting pairings, distributing match result slips, performing deck checks.

Judges working the full day will receive two compensation unites (CUs). Judges working just the Core Circuit event will receive one CU. Each CU is your choice of $76 or $95 in SCG credit. If you choose to take dollars, it will be issued in the form of a check mailed after the event. Additionally, Core Circuit judges will receive a Baby Murloc playmat.

The call time if you want to work all day is 8:30 AM, and you will be released when the last Swiss round of the Magic event is complete. If you're just working the Core Circuit, your call time is 11:30 AM, and you will be released when it's finished.

If you're interested, please email me at jennifer.dery@starcitygames.com with the following information:

Name
Events you're willing to judge
Summary of judging experience (both WoW and M:tG)

And, if you can't judge, I hope to see you playing!

Vilesin
07-05-2013, 11:14 AM
If I get L2 before Vegas, definitely!

boba_fouts
07-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Applied.

zhazhou
07-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Well, prolly won't be able to judge anything even if I took my L2 before one of them, but I'm going to try getting up to the Seattle tourney for sure. PS, living in Boise sucks when it comes to locations. ;-)

SUMO
07-05-2013, 04:21 PM
No need for scorekeepers or other volunteers?

demonfae
07-05-2013, 07:16 PM
No need for scorekeepers or other volunteers?

Not for these events :( If you're interested in demoing, you may want to contact the Warcraft Gaming Center folks, as they'll be doing quite a bit of that and might not mind the help.

demonfae
07-30-2013, 10:33 AM
The first post has been updated with some important compensation information. Take a look!

DarkSeverance
07-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Hhmmm to go to Vegas for a third time this year... so tempting. ^_^ I actually want to play but unfortunately the Seattle one is going on while I'll be at Disneyland with the Family. If only the dates for the LA and Seattle were swapped. LOL!

TehSLAYER
08-19-2013, 01:24 PM
I just emailed you! i also postd earlier on here about the hardship of getting lvl 2 without any locals running events in stores besides me. hope to hear back and either way ill be in cinci!

TehSLAYER
08-19-2013, 10:00 PM
My email is TehXXXX by the way and i also wanted to add i only mentioned Cincinnati on it but am willing to also work Indy and possibly Cleveland!

RRzero
08-27-2013, 04:46 PM
esp with Crypto's new flagship being an online game, you might want to refrain from posting your email in a public forum.

TehSLAYER
08-27-2013, 05:44 PM
haha too bad thats an email for the judging request not for any online games lol

Aaric
08-28-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't think that was his point. He's trying to tell you it's a security risk to post your e-mail address publicly.

TehSLAYER
08-28-2013, 09:25 AM
oh thank you. i don't use it for anything really but appreciate the courtesy!