PDA

View Full Version : Diamond draft deck

Ludomancer
07-09-2013, 05:29 PM
I think there need to be a specific forum for posting decks... but as there isn't, I'm posting this fun little deck I made using the draft simulator here.

Link to deck (http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?s=21,22,23,25,94,119,131,142,193,211,212, 218,219,221&qt=2,2,3,3,16,1,2,1,1,1,2,2,2,2)

Just so you know my thought process:
I first-picked Blinding Light from the first two packs, as it was the best 'removal' card in both, and there were no bombs. I grabbed a few interesting cards from other colors, a few Mariners and a Repel the rest of the first round.

Round 2 I was given an Eye of Creation, so I grabbed that. I thought Life might be my second color. Then I was passed 2 packs in a row where Legionnaire of Adamanth was the rare, and not taken. I grabbed both. The rest of the draft, I concentrated on grabbing as many Diamond humans as I could.

For a champion, I would take Running Deer (gain 6 health for 5 charges), to slow Agro decks and power up the Righteous Paladin.

What do you guys think? I'd welcome comments.

PetyrBaelish
07-09-2013, 06:01 PM
Posting draft decks before all cards are revealed and the draft simulator AI is updated isnt a good idea. Btw legionaire of adamanth is useless in draft unless you have at least 21 humans in your deck...in that draft deck you created its just a 3/3 for 6 resources...not a good card

Gwaer
07-09-2013, 06:04 PM
You tell him, don't let people have fun. That's not what we're about around here.

ZeroCool
07-09-2013, 07:23 PM
You tell him, don't let people have fun. That's not what we're about around here.

Petyr has a point, don't you have some PM's you should be sending people?

vulture27
07-09-2013, 07:40 PM
You seem to be seriously misjudging the value of cards in limited. That deck is fated for a 0-2 finish in the first round. I would suggest go read some of the numerous drafting guides/card evaluation threats popping up.

That being said, the draft simulator (as already noted) is completely meaningless right now. We have only seen half the cards in the set, the majority of playable cards that have been seen fall into either blood or wild, and the simulator has no AI.

Gwaer
07-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Petyr has a point, don't you have some PM's you should be sending people?

There is a point there, sure. It's just dull, and puny. There's no harm in people posting their draft decks if they want to, even if they're unlikely to happen with the full cardset.

I've responded to all of my pm's for the day, if I missed one from you I apologize. I don't respond to all of them because most of them aren't worth my time.

It's the guys first post, you shouldn't react to new people to the community like that. It's just bad form.

hex_colin
07-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I've responded to all of my pm's for the day, if I missed one from you I apologize. I don't respond to all of them because most of them aren't worth my time.

I think you missed the joke. Recruiting spam perhaps... ;)

It's the guys first post, you shouldn't react to new people to the community like that. It's just bad form.

Agreed!

Gwaer
07-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Gotta talk to pech for the recruiting spam, that's not my field. ;)

hex_colin
07-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Gotta talk to pech for the recruiting spam, that's not my field. ;)

Poor Pech - never going to live that down! ;) At least we're having a laugh about it now... :)

HyenaNipples
07-09-2013, 09:25 PM
I think if you took out some of the high priced cards, like the Legionnaire of Adamanth and even perhaps the Dragon Guard guy you would have a better resource spread. I think too many of them will clog you up. And you might be a bit short on troops.

Otherwise, I'll disagree with the poopoo brigade and say the picking doesn't seem bad. In a format where you have to take what you can get, you don't always get something ideal. It's a workable deck as near as I can tell- provided you can get some more troop power in there. I think you'll be overrun without more , cheaper troops.

PetyrBaelish
07-09-2013, 10:45 PM
I guess it did sound kind of harsh. Guess thats what happens when i do a quick post from work on my 15 min break lol.

I apologize to the OP and to the hex community for my bluntness about the whole draft thing.....

but I still stand by my comment about the legionaire unless you some how get lucky and get a ton of humans in draft hes just not worth it. I expect him to be passed around alot during drafts unless someone is rare drafting to fill gaps in their collection or constructed decks.

Gwaer
07-09-2013, 11:31 PM
I agree that legionnaire is not a strong draft pick. You're right that a 3/3 for 6 is not a good deal.

Ludomancer
07-10-2013, 09:04 AM
I agree that legionnaire is not a strong draft pick. You're right that a 3/3 for 6 is not a good deal.

Yeah, I had mis-read the legionnaire. I thought it said 'every human' as opposed to 'for every 3 humans'. Agreed that this mis-read makes the deck fail. One thing I'm curious about: do you guys agree with my thought that Blinding Light is a better first pick than Burn or Wild Growth?

Gwaer
07-10-2013, 09:19 AM
That'll be a matter of opinion I imagine, but I think it's a better spell. But diamond as revealed thus far seems a weaker overall draft color.

HyenaNipples
07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
Blinding Light is best used in a multiple combat scenario, for example if you have two mutual death combats, you can play it so both your cards survive and both the enemies die. That's a pretty nice card advantage gain. It also has numerous other potential uses during your turn.

It is also very good against Crush troops and will allow you to kill them without much hassle.

Burn and Wild Growth are good because they are cheap, but you have to be selective in their use. You need to make a big gain from them to make up for the almost inevitable loss of card advantage.