PDA

View Full Version : PvP - Blood-Diamond Spear (Pre-Alpha)

Avaian
07-12-2013, 07:00 PM
To help get this forum going, here is a deck I have posted a couple of times.

Blood-Diamond Spear (http://hex.potion-of-wit.com/deck.php?s=25,39,67,83,84,92,94,112,119,131,187,19 2,214,217&qt=2,2,4,2,2,13,11,4,4,4,4,2,2,4)

Champion - Lady Elizabeth Stewart (http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Lady-Elizabeth-Stewart/253)

13 - Blood Source
11 - Diamond Source
4 - Charge Bot
2 - Soul Marble
4 - Sliver of the Immortal Spear
2 - Shrine of Prosperity
2 - Pact of Pain
4 - Inner Conflict
2 - Blinding Light
4 - Murder
4 - Eternal Youth
4 - Ascetic Aspirant
2 - Phoenix Guard Aeronaut
2 - Extinction

The goal is to transform Ascetic Aspirant into The Transcended (http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Transcended,-The/111) then use that ability to gather Sliver of the Immortal Spear.

Lady Elizabeth Stewart is chosen for the ability to add a card to your hand and add more troops to your deck.

(This deck is still in early stages and can be changed as more cards are revealed.)

Armies
07-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Not sure why people want to use aspirant for such slow ways to win, Couldn't you just as easily win with escalation cards(burn relentless corruption chronic madness)

YourOpponent
07-12-2013, 08:35 PM
The only reason I can think of is stability. This seems more stable.

mmimzie
07-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Not sure why people want to use aspirant for such slow ways to win, Couldn't you just as easily win with escalation cards(burn relentless corruption chronic madness)

Some people just like a longer game. It tends to be alot safer and more consistant through the whole course of the game. When your most rock part of the games is the first 3 turns it feels good.

Edit: on top of that aspirant is able to exist in one turn. If you have 4-7 cards in your can and pact of pain or any other form of acceleration you can at the end of enemy turn tap aspirant to get enlightend. Becuase he gives you one and if you have any quick draw cards or other cards that let you draw your golden and he pops up out of no where if out any disadvantages. PLus he seems to be pretty much on curve for power just by him self. I mean if you add his attack and defense hes as strong as zoltog.

As to the deck. I'd say soothing breeze might work better than the escalator. Soothing breeze will work sooner and better. While it wont add to your late game super tons of heals; it will help you get to the late game state. From there you can put alot of one of big baddies to give you reason to use aspirant in the first place.

funktion
07-13-2013, 01:05 AM
If you're going to play with spear & aspirant, then the max copies of spear that you EVER want in your deck is 1. You have 6 troops in the deck that matter and 4 that don't. If they have any removal in theirs they are ALWAYS going to be blowing up something important on your end. Without having a larger troop base or presenting earlier threats you are going to have a really rough time getting your engine online.

To really sum it up best: Your opponent has no pressure on them until somewhat late in the game and they can still interact with you very easily.

Granted it was just spoiled today, but I'd start by adding that new diamond troop for 2.

HyenaNipples
07-13-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't think the Transcended is really synergistic with Sliver of the Immortal Spear. It could take you 4-5 turns to get the five pieces out, and I feel you could gain victory faster with bomb troops or something else less complicated.

I don't know if this counts as a hijack (https://hexshuffle.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/sliver-of-the-immortal-spear-deck/), but this was my take on the Spear if you want to do some deck comparisons: and on Hex Data Mine.
(http://www.hex-datamine.com/deck.php?did=585)

Champion: Dimmid

Adamanthian Scrivener x4

Righteous Paladin x4

Research Librarian x3

Research Adept x3

Shield Trainer x4

Phoenix Guard Aeronaut x2

Eternal Youth x4

Inner Conflict x3

Oracle Song x3

Sliver of the Immortal Spear x4

Doppel Gadget x2

Diamond Source x16

Sapphire Source x8

Obviously, this deck is going the Doppelgadget route and utilizes dwarves for card draw. It's troop side is life-gain based because creating tons of sliver copies is going to drain your health pretty heavily. Here, getting the spear isn't as definite as with the Transcended, but it doesn't put all of it's eggs in one fragile basket, either.

BlackRoger
07-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Well here's my 2 cents.

Soul marble is a large mana sink until you see results, and is only good if you're gonna over power your enemy with creatures, so does not help your strategy at all.
Shrine of prosperity does not seem to do that much for you. you're not going to be playing that many spells if you wonna get your aspirant going.
charge bot - too small to defend and does not really help your plan.
Eternal Youth - you're only gonna use these after your aspirant transforms, so you shouldn't need more than 1 (since it returns to your deck after usage).

I'd suggest you replace those with some cheaper good defensive cards like:

Bone Warrior (a defender that keeps coming back)
warlock inquisitor (who returns to your hand so you get faster back to 7 cards!
wretched blood (Keeps creating chump blockers for you)
more extinctions!