PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Cory Jones TODAY at 3 PM EST, watch it live!

Agent-Smashing
07-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Hey guys please join us today over at www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow as we interview Cory Jones live with the questions the Hex forum wanted to ask. We'll also be doing live Q&A and then after the interview discussing gaming news with you. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Stok3d
07-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I've been anticipating this all week. Can't wait!

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 10:33 AM
What questions will you be asking?

Shirik
07-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Is this actually EST or EDT? (Are you on daylight savings time?)

Agent-Smashing
07-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Here is the link to the questions we complied from the Hex forums:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26167

GreyWorm
07-13-2013, 10:35 AM
In how many hours is it from now?

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 10:36 AM

There's only one Est. time. It's in 1.5 hours from now.

Stok3d
07-13-2013, 10:36 AM

it's approximately 1.5 hours from now

Agent-Smashing
07-13-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/est.html

Shirik
07-13-2013, 10:38 AM
There's only one Est. time. It's in 1.5 hours from now.
EST means "Eastern Standard Time"
EDT means "Eastern Daylight Time"

To my knowledge nobody is on EST right now but my geography is not that great. There was a time when EST was actually used at this time on the calendar (Indiana).

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/edt.html

Stok3d
07-13-2013, 10:40 AM
ETo my knowledge nobody is on EST right now but my geography is not that great. There was a time when EST was actually used at time on the calendar (Indiana).

He lives in the same state as I do. I didn't consider the EDT either, but I'm 100% positive it's 1.5hrs from now.

Shirik
07-13-2013, 10:43 AM
He lives in the same state as I do. I didn't consider the EDT either, but I'm 100% positive it's 1.5hrs from now.
Got it thanks :)

Probably the best way to avoid confusion:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Interview+with+Cory+Jones&iso=20130713T19

Chiany
07-13-2013, 10:44 AM
And that's why everyone should use the 24 hour clock ;)

Edit:

Can't wait for this interview!!

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 10:47 AM
You need to ask about cards "going out of print" or not.

Vibraxus
07-13-2013, 11:02 AM
You need to ask about cards "going out of print" or not.

LOL and the RL "advantage" for world firsts and what his favorite hamburger is.

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 11:05 AM
LOL and the RL "advantage" for world firsts and what his favorite hamburger is.

Asking him about his favorite hamburger I thought was a given.

DjiN
07-13-2013, 11:19 AM
Will there be VOD from the interview?

Agent-Smashing
07-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Will there be VOD from the interview?

Yes we will be recording the interview and putting it on youtube and our twitch channel.

ZeroCool
07-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Where's the link to the Youtube upload?

Agent-Smashing
07-13-2013, 02:34 PM
The interview is now available to watch on our twitch channel at: www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow

AstaSyneri
07-15-2013, 01:29 AM
Is there a transcript of what Cory said? Unfortunately i can't turn up the sound in the office ;-).

Milamber
07-15-2013, 06:11 AM
stoopid $#%#& audio not working on twitch, frikken pisses me offf!!!!!!
Anyone know a solve for this?????

ads play fine, content .. not so!

Shadowelf
07-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Is there a transcript of what Cory said? Unfortunately i can't turn up the sound in the office ;-).

These were the juiciest parts;

1) Alpha is set for September
2) 45 dungeons
3) Mercs and sleeves will be account bound
4) Cory pretty much confirmed that opening packs during the events will give us a special chest containing exclusives. Also those chests will have a stamp on them notifying their special status

Diesbudt
07-15-2013, 06:39 AM

2) 45 dungeons
3) Mercs and sleeves will never be account bound
4) Cory pretty much confirmed that opening packs during the events will give us a special chest containing exclusives. Also those chests will have a stamp on them notifying their special status

#3 may need to be reversed!

Shadowelf
07-15-2013, 06:42 AM
#3 may need to be reversed!

Lol thanks, just in time before one more thread created on the topic :)

ZeroCool
07-15-2013, 07:20 AM

2) 45 dungeons
3) Mercs and sleeves will be account bound

5) Trolls suck, don't feed into them
6) You'll receive a special code that you type into the game to get all your KS/SB rewards.
7) Cory would love to have tournaments in store via iPads with the store taking a percentage of buy ins.

Stok3d
07-15-2013, 11:20 AM
and there will be "world first" achieves

Gorgol
07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
5) Trolls suck, don't feed into them
6) You'll receive a special code that you type into the game to get all your KS/SB rewards.
7) Cory would love to have tournaments in store via iPads with the store taking a percentage of buy ins.
8) Gold confirmed as an AH currency, while Platinum potentially not

Yoss
07-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Is there an archive to watch this? Or at least a transcript?

Shadowelf
07-16-2013, 10:19 AM
Is there an archive to watch this? Or at least a transcript?

Here Yoss http://www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow/b/430004874

Yoss
07-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Thanks, ShadowElf. Here's my notes:

Knights of the Round: Hex Interview

Amid the early "what is HEX" ramblings, I think I heard that there will be:
Raiding rankings, PVP Rankings, guild rankings, and more

Alpha is moving to September
Beta will be mostly PVP, PVE launches later
Cory's prepared to let the schedule slip if the game demands it
does not want to copy Blizzard on the schedule slips, but does want to set a high standard for quality; "you never get a second chance at first impression"

There will be a mode for Human raid bosses (I'm having D&D flashbacks, and that's not a bad thing). The HRB will have a rating based on wins/losses and the HRB's loot table will get better as the HRB defeats more challengers.

KS reward delivery will use the same system as all other redeemed-in-game rewards: they email you a code, you login to Hex, you enter code to flag the account or gain the item.

platinum is only for packs and fees
-Later clarified on forums here (link) that plat also will work on the AH

What got cut from the standard MMO and TCG models
-3rd person, no "happen upon" other players or mobs
-Everything else should be there

Spectator/streaming API will exist

For live event booster chests, it's just when you opened the pack, not when you bought it

Achievements:
PVP: tournaments
PVE: World first, bosses, cards used, factions, (I didn't catch the whole list)

Re-confirmed account-bound mercs and sleeves

Gwaer
07-16-2013, 02:47 PM
There's no implication of no AH plat trades. That was reconfirmed to be in still.

There is no consensus "standard" mmo.. Or even really TCG model, so the statement that everything except "3rd person, happening upon other players and mobs" will be in the game is a very unlikely to be true, because people will be looking at it from entirely different lenses.

Also, alpha isn't moving to september, We as a community speculated that we could get it as early as august, he has corrected us and said that's very unlikely. I don't want people to get up in arms about them pushing alpha back, when it was us just pushing it forward.

Welcome back to the forum, I missed you. =)

Shadowelf
07-16-2013, 04:47 PM
platinum is only for packs and fees (implication: not AH?)

This created quite a stir at the forums for a while till shanik cleared this up http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26336&page=4&p=274289#post274289

Other than that nice and detailed recap :)

Gorgol
07-16-2013, 05:00 PM
platinum is only for packs and fees (implication: not AH?)

I'm not Cory, but I can confirm that Platinum is absolutely still on the table as a currency for the Auction House. Source: I just walked into the other room and asked them.

To expand on this, I think that the quote just got pulled out of context. Cory is specifically discussing items that can be purchased from us with Platinum. The AH is obviously a slightly different beast.

Its still on the table for the AH

Gwaer
07-16-2013, 06:53 PM
It's funny to me I just listened to the E3 interview a while ago looking for another piece of information and he delivers what plat can be used for in the exact same way, no mention of AH again, simply because it wasn't valid for the question. I wish people would quit throwing out craziness every time he says something and take context into account.

Shadowelf
07-17-2013, 03:53 AM
It's funny to me I just listened to the E3 interview a while ago looking for another piece of information and he delivers what plat can be used for in the exact same way, no mention of AH again, simply because it wasn't valid for the question. I wish people would quit throwing out craziness every time he says something and take context into account.

I agree that people shouldn't overreact; can't blame them though since plat being an ah currency is important for the balance of the game.

Yoss
07-17-2013, 12:14 PM
This created quite a stir at the forums for a while till shanik cleared this up http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26336&page=4&p=274289#post274289

Other than that nice and detailed recap :)
Thanks, updated.

Yoss
07-17-2013, 12:15 PM
There is no consensus "standard" mmo.. Or even really TCG model, so the statement that everything except "3rd person, happening upon other players and mobs" will be in the game is a very unlikely to be true, because people will be looking at it from entirely different lenses.
I logged the question and answer as it was presented in the interview. YMMV.

Welcome back to the forum, I missed you. =)
:)