PDA

View Full Version : Combo Question

MythicFishmom
07-13-2013, 07:31 PM
With Transformed Transcended a draw engine and Dream Dance can you Chronic Madness for Zero Shard cost or is it assumed that it will keep with the minimum of one?

KiraForce
07-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Considering there is a card that says specifically "with a minimum of 1", I think it's safe to assume that it CAN go to 0.

MythicFishmom
07-13-2013, 07:41 PM
http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Dream-Dance/185 Doesn't say minimum of one

KiraForce
07-13-2013, 07:44 PM
Oh, I know. I said there exists one, can't remember right now the name. It's a creature. The fact that one does, and this one doesn't makes it safe to assume this one is not limited like that.

Edit: http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Archmage-Wrenlocke/184 This is what I'm referring to

MythicFishmom
07-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Yea I'm assuming it's just not on the card because that could be pretty broken

Aethnen
07-13-2013, 08:01 PM
You have to draw three of them to break it though. But yeah, I think everyone is assuming you can get it to zero.

Aradon
07-14-2013, 12:05 PM
As far as we've seen, Cory has stated they will make some effects able to reduce costs to 0, while others won't. The deciding factor will be how 'breakable' it is. Since there's a split approach, there isn't a hard and fast rule, and we have to assume they will explicitly state the card's effect. Since Wrenlocke says it can't decrease past 1, and Dream Dance doesn't bother saying anything about it, it's safe to assume Dream Dance can reduce to 0.

This is obviously asking to be broken though, and clearly the type of situation they've said they prefer to not reduce to 0, so I'm expecting it to be fixed prior to release.

Their idea of what CAN reduce to zero are things that specifically alter other things. For example, "Top card of your library costs 0" or "Put target troop in your graveyard into your hand, becomes cost 0," or "The next troop you cast costs 2 less to cast."
What they don't want to let cost zero are things that alter things in general, such as "Spells you cast cost 1 less to cast" or "Reduce the cost of all cards in your library by 1." They like the specific nature of the first type to limit the power because it's only affecting one other card, and for a specific reason. The other type makes a larger number of things potentially free, which quickly can become everything for free.

Kslidz
07-16-2013, 08:19 AM
considering in one of the streams we saw teh dwarves make artifacts cost 0 it seems safe to assume since this has no restriction it could cost 0