PDA

View Full Version : [GIVEAWAY/PODCAST] Hex Vault Podcast 1 - Introduction to Hex Vault!

hex_colin
07-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm pleased to present the inaugural Hex Vault Podcast (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/07/16/hex-vault-podcast-1/) - an introduction to Hex Vault, a call for Content Creators, and the announcement of our website launch Giveaway!

From tomorrow onward, you'll also be able to use the www.hexvault.com URL to access the main site (you can use www.thehexvault.com, www.hextcgvault.com, or www.hex-vault.com temporarily though). Hopefully I'll have the final logo files by then too! ;)

You should also check out the Hex Vault Website Launch Giveaway (http://www.thehexvault.com/giveaway.html) for 1 or more chances to win the following prizes:

iPad with Retina Display Wi-Fi 16GB!
Roundtrip tickets to/from HexCon 2014 (TBA) from ANYWHERE in the world!
Nintendo Wii U 8GB Basic Set (White)!
100 Set 1 Boosters! (100 winners, 1 pack each)

Finally, if you'd like to create content for Hex Vault, send me an email at hex_colin (at) yahoo (dot) com!

Dralon
07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
An ambitious project, and I look forward to seeing the sites develop over the coming months! Thanks for all your contributions to the Hex Community already.

Chiany
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Holy Concubunnies, those are some insane give aways.

Thallium45
07-16-2013, 09:00 PM
Colin, really look at the quality of you audio, im not sure what it is if its the streamer or the mic you were using but there is just so much static, its barely audible for me. Is anyone else having the same problem? But you have a great vision and I look forward to more content.

hex_colin
07-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Colin, really look at the quality of you audio, im not sure what it is if its the streamer or the mic you were using but there is just so much static, its barely audible for me. Is anyone else having the same problem? But you have a great vision and I look forward to more content.

Anyone else having this issue? Personally, I'm hearing a tiny bit of static on the MP3 version I'm streaming from the site, but only at the highest possible volume. Definitely not a mic issue, but the final packaging could be suspect.

Dralon
07-16-2013, 09:40 PM
I didn't have a problem hearing. There is a slight amount of background noise, but nothing significant to my ear.

funktion
07-16-2013, 10:05 PM
I've been anxiously waiting for this since you announced it a week or two back. Going to give it a listen right now!

Edit: right off the bat, I used to do a music radio podcast myself. You're definitely getting a lot of background white noise. I'd recommend using Audacity to record it unless you're already using something that's on the higher end of the spectrum past Audacity. There's a pretty good white noise filter on it that will clean things up in post-production for you.

hex_colin
07-16-2013, 10:13 PM

Thallium45 - I bounced the MP3 again from my source recording at a much higher quality. Hopefully that got rid of all of the static.

Thanks for the heads-up. Much appreciated!

Colin

HyenaNipples
07-16-2013, 10:55 PM
Audio was good for me. I'll be listening in!

Thallium45
07-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Listening again now, ill edit to see if its better or just the laptop im using.

hammer
07-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Good introduction to the community, spotlighting the proposed role of hexvault and it's vision. I am excited about the future dungeon and vanity card discussion and this is "unique" content given the OP's kickstarter pledge. The audio was clean and clear and the vocals calm and controlled making the cast very easy on the ear. I hope the professionalism of this site will encourage content contributors to work with Colin to make something very special.

MrSeriousBsns
07-17-2013, 03:07 AM
Fantastic introductory podcast! Love your delivery and I think the Producer benefits you will showcase give you some very unique content!

I certainly look forward to this growing content community that you are looking to build!

Icepick
07-17-2013, 03:35 AM
Nice, had this site in my bookmarks for a little while, glad to see it's now updating!
Audio sounded fine to me, no issues here. Site looks clean and polished. Good work!

nekoangel
07-17-2013, 03:56 AM
listened, like, subed and the rest mate.
sent you an email too =)

audio quality was good my end BTW.

Shadowelf
07-17-2013, 03:59 AM
As others already said good job Collin; eagerly awaiting for more stuff from you and your site :)

Avignon
07-17-2013, 06:19 AM
That prize support is nothing short of extraordinary. Kudos to you Colin. If that doesn't get fans excited, nothing will.

On a side note: my wife had logged into Facebook on my computer earlier in the day, so I had to go out of it and then back into mine but had already gone half way through the process. Just in case you see duplications - not trying to cheat, just didnt realise I was liking/sharing it for her etc. No doubt I will have wife aggro tomorrow morning when her friends hang crap on her for being a card nerd like me!

Chiany
07-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Just listened to the podcast, and had no problems with it, was pleasant to listen too.

hammer
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Great just seen www.hexvault.com is now the primary link slick

Gorgol
07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Audio much better than when I first tried to listen to it! Also, I can't wait to see how this all pans out in terms of content and whatnot. I'm so happy there are people like you in this wonderful community from the beginning. Glad you got the www.hexvault.com now too.

tilde
07-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Technically, I had no problem with the audio. Contentwise, you could have used someone else on the podcast to a.) discuss a topic and b.) move topics along.

Zarien
07-20-2013, 04:58 AM
Awesome job colin! I'm loving what you've accomplished so far and the website looks amazing. I love the setup on the homepage, it's clean but sleek and nothing feels cluttered. Can't wait for more, and e-mail sent!

umikami
07-24-2013, 02:09 PM
audio seemed fine.