PDA

View Full Version : single player?

gchromis
07-18-2013, 12:07 PM
I read a review about this game saying it could be played as a single player game, but it doesn't appear that way because it's labeled as 2-5 players.
Can this be played a single player game? I would really like to get this game, but not sure if my wife and kids are going to be as interested in it as I am! :D

Matt_Hyra
07-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Oh, they will be interested once they see it! :p
You can play solo by giving yourself a time limit of 25 turns to defeat all Archenemies. Once you can beat that, they try to do it in 20 turns.

Also, you could split the main deck in half, and then play Impossible Mode, with the challenge of defeating all Archenemies before the main deck runs out.

gchromis
07-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah, I'm sure my son will like, just have to talk him into it the first time!
So you play the same way, just limit your turns, sounds easy enough! I'm guessing you could do the same thing with DC game? or does it work a little differently?

Matt_Hyra
07-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Same thing with DC. Check out the DC forum, as there are a couple of threads on solo play styles.

gchromis
07-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Awesome, thanks so much! Guess I know where I'm stopping on the way home from work!

JakobFlitzen
08-09-2013, 02:06 AM
Oh, they will be interested once they see it! :p
You can play solo by giving yourself a time limit of 25 turns to defeat all Archenemies. Once you can beat that, they try to do it in 20 turns.

Also, you could split the main deck in half, and then play Impossible Mode, with the challenge of defeating all Archenemies before the main deck runs out.

Awesome! I just played this game for the first time at our Church's Gamorama night last week and wife ordered it for my Birthday on Monday. It just arrived today, but I don't have anyone to play with yet. Thank you for (1) an Amazing game and (2) a Solo version. *whew*

JakobFlitzen
08-09-2013, 02:33 AM
You can play solo by giving yourself a time limit of 25 turns to defeat all Archenemies.

When you say "defeat all Archenemies," are you referring to ALL Archenemies, or just the 8 from normal play?

Thank you;

Matt_Hyra
08-09-2013, 06:02 AM
Just the 8 from normal play.

majikfreak
08-27-2013, 12:40 AM
Well, ummm... :cool: U can call me uberly awesome, because I beat all 12 Archenemies in 22 turns. I didn't read this whole post before trying a solo game. I told my son about solo play and he challenged me to try it... It was fun. So I should use 8 next time? ...lol

Matt_Hyra
08-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Not sure how you survived all of those Group Ambushes without missing a step. Using 8 is standard, as solo decks get a bit ridiculous after 6 Archenemies have been downed. Next time, try 8 in 18 turns.

majikfreak
08-27-2013, 10:44 PM
I got really lucky in that Matt... I only missed not having a defense card once during a group ambush, and Saruman's Ambush in unavoidable. Wasn't sure out to resolve some of the ambushes like Saruman's...

corwin72
09-04-2013, 02:47 PM
With Saruman's attack I chose a card, destroyed it and gained 3 corruptions.

gchromis
09-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to resolve some of those group ambushes as well, for example, gaining a corruption. If I'm flipping over the corruption cards as my turn counter, I obviously don't want to gain them to my deck. Even if you use something different as a turn counter, gaining the corruption cards it useless anyway, since you are trying to defeat the deck, not gain points. I guess it would add useless cards to your deck, thus making it more challenging.

corwin72
09-05-2013, 01:58 PM
I was not sure how to use Watcher in the Water. That seems to do nothing. I just used the top of my deck. I guess it could be the top of the main deck.