PDA

View Full Version : More ideas to bring Hex to gameshops?

Demar_Black
07-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Was glad to see Cory talk about bringing Hex into retailer shops, and I hope something comes of this.

eta: Cory mentioned vendor accounts, where vendors would get a cut.

I think this kind gaming that involves dice and/or cards is at least partially sustained by having a local shop you can go to. Having the ability to go into a store may be the best way to reach people whose friends and parents aren't gamers.

I've been thinking about this, but can't think of other ways to incorporate retailers save via gift cards, so curious if others might have more insight.

eta 2: Maybe local tournaments?

thanks!

Demar

Shadowelf
07-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Assuming that you can create tourneys at will and set the number of participants to unlimited everything is possible; local tourneys, regionals, everything...

vendors can have their own accounts where they can register the results (so they count towards your global elo-assuming something like this will be in implemented), distribute prices, or if they come to agreement with cze before hand even codes for foiled commons/uncommons.

cze can provide them with boosters, prizes, give them boxes of cards to run prerelease/ release tournaments or even set up of a distribution system of scratch off cards with rewards like gold or other stuff like banners or keychains etc

TheGateKeeper
07-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Id like the idea of being able to go to my local game store to draft. Im so used to playing Magic there and we already have a PC arena for LoL and other games. It would be nice to sit around and draft with my friends from the store.

Inflamable
07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
you know... Like we could with the wowtcg... When it still was relevant...

ramseytheory
07-20-2013, 08:19 PM
I suspect a few of the bigger stores will become platinum brokers, exchanging platinum for real money and vice versa. They're trusted third parties, and that means they're in a good position to buy low and sell high.

Shadowelf
07-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Vendors can always charge you with an entrance fee, then award you with at least 1 booster each and more for people that top 4, and winners

nekoangel
07-21-2013, 01:06 AM
i was actually toying around in my own head with vendor or shop options, started as lan tournaments but it could be so much more.

if they are given the ability to create tournaments and take and input specic player names, as for cost we could pay the vendor account platinum or whatever it is to enter.

since lots of the store crypto know are reliable WOWTCG vendors and playgroups im sure gaining permissions etc and weeding out the bad apples is easy.

i have noticed a growth in game shops offering TCG's and video gaming under on roof so thats just perfect for them, that or someone could come along with there gadget hook up to there network and join the fray.

if there was a way to use location based parameters as well you could unlock lots of real world niches too kinda like foresquare ETC

example: i head to my local LGS, i log onto there network/wifi/lan and become checked in at that location, in my tournaments list i now have the option to join a local game or vendor run game but as well can see there trades and selling shop( offer better prices if you actually set foot in the shop im guessing?).

expanding on this id love the ability to join other shops games to play against friend from far away.

Justinkp
07-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Cory seems to really want to do things like this and I hope it happens. I haven't been able to think of any great ideas but tournaments where stores play against each other could be cool, maybe start out playing stores close to you and build up to national and then international games (time zones may be tricky at that point though, heh).

ossuary
07-22-2013, 04:23 AM
Actually, the idea of a "local listings" section of the AH could have real merit. This could include both the vendor's own cards, and cards local players list. If a local person buys a local card, the vendor could be given the cut CZE normally takes off the top of a completed sale instead of it just vanishing into the ether. Couple this with giving the vendor the power to cash people out, and you could have reliable transactions without having to set CZE up as a bank.

This is rough, but it's the start of an interesting chain of thought.

Shadowelf
07-22-2013, 04:40 AM
Couple this with giving the vendor the power to cash people out, and you could have reliable transactions without having to set CZE up as a bank.

This is the most important link at the chain vendor-cze relations; this and as i said above the ability to distribute prizes and register results; maybe even implement a player level system like the one wotc uses.

Diesbudt
07-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Was glad to see Cory talk about bringing Hex into retailer shops, and I hope something comes of this.

eta: Cory mentioned vendor accounts, where vendors would get a cut.

I think this kind gaming that involves dice and/or cards is at least partially sustained by having a local shop you can go to. Having the ability to go into a store may be the best way to reach people whose friends and parents aren't gamers.

I've been thinking about this, but can't think of other ways to incorporate retailers save via gift cards, so curious if others might have more insight.

eta 2: Maybe local tournaments?

thanks!

Demar

How would hex going to a game shop be the best method to convince non-gamers to play a game?

If they are not gamers... they wouldn't go to the shop in the first place. Not saying a shop is a bad idea, but the target wouldn't be non gamers. Otherwise they would target television commercials, general stores, and so on.

Diesbudt
07-22-2013, 05:12 AM
i was actually toying around in my own head with vendor or shop options, started as lan tournaments but it could be so much more.

if they are given the ability to create tournaments and take and input specic player names, as for cost we could pay the vendor account platinum or whatever it is to enter.

since lots of the store crypto know are reliable WOWTCG vendors and playgroups im sure gaining permissions etc and weeding out the bad apples is easy.

i have noticed a growth in game shops offering TCG's and video gaming under on roof so thats just perfect for them, that or someone could come along with there gadget hook up to there network and join the fray.

if there was a way to use location based parameters as well you could unlock lots of real world niches too kinda like foresquare ETC

example: i head to my local LGS, i log onto there network/wifi/lan and become checked in at that location, in my tournaments list i now have the option to join a local game or vendor run game but as well can see there trades and selling shop( offer better prices if you actually set foot in the shop im guessing?).

expanding on this id love the ability to join other shops games to play against friend from far away.

Probably couldn't do LAN tournaments. As you would need the internet to link up to the servers of Hex to play the game.

MoikPEI
07-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Offer FLGSes a small Hex comic for Free Comic Day which includes a code for a free Comic Day Event Booster which rolls on a table using characters referenced in the comic.

ConnorJS
07-22-2013, 08:54 AM
You've got two sides to this really, gaming and products. As for products they could sell:
- T-shirts
- Physical copy of the Hex art book?
- Booster packs/starter decks (people without credit cards)
-Strategy guides

As for gaming you have local drafts, which could possibly be larger/with higher stakes than regular drafts. The vendor could also add additional prizes (cards, boosters, plat, physical goods etc) which would give them appeal over regular online drafts.

Demar_Black
07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
How would hex going to a game shop be the best method to convince non-gamers to play a game?

If they are not gamers... they wouldn't go to the shop in the first place. Not saying a shop is a bad idea, but the target wouldn't be non gamers. Otherwise they would target television commercials, general stores, and so on.

The big thing I was thinking of were retailers who provide a social setting for MTG, D&D, board games, and the like. People can come in and find groups to play with, socialize about the game, etc. Forums do allow some socializing, but I think having the in-person community can help ensure the game reaches more people who are interested in gaming and more likely to pay for cards rather than just getting the cards available at signup.

I think trying to draw in MTG players without offering a comparable social experience could be a high barrier to entry.

eta:

Cory seems to really want to do things like this and I hope it happens. I haven't been able to think of any great ideas but tournaments where stores play against each other could be cool, maybe start out playing stores close to you and build up to national and then international games (time zones may be tricky at that point though, heh).

That could be really fun. I like the idea of stores as leagues, as it would bring the local communities together in a good way.

Shadowelf
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
I think trying to draw in MTG players without offering a comparable social experience could be a high barrier to entry.

Cory has said that hex is designed to accomodate all those (mtg ) players that grew up out of the game and can't be attending events or play the game with others. So hex's target group wasn't those players at first place. Now finding a formula that works for them too will only be good for the game as it will supply it with a constant flow of new players. Game shops have the potential to be the no1 advertisers of the game, as the bulk of tcg players are still playing them in their physical form

Mr.Funsocks
07-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Another thing that would be neat is giving brick and mortar shops some incentive to just have a rack of iPads in stock to play Hex even during non-tournament times. There's a not-insignificant number of people who just plain don't have internet access or a computer still, but might like to play. The young'ns as well, who perhaps don't have a computer of their own. CZE could recognize logins from specific shops by hostmask, and give, say, a 2-5% kickback to the host shop of any in-game purchases done while logged in from that hostmask.

Demar_Black
07-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Cory has said that hex is designed to accomodate all those (mtg ) players that grew up out of the game and can't be attending events or play the game with others. So hex's target group wasn't those players at first place. Now finding a formula that works for them too will only be good for the game as it will supply it with a constant flow of new players. Game shops have the potential to be the no1 advertisers of the game, as the bulk of tcg players are still playing them in their physical form

I don't see that business strategy grabbing enough people to guarantee the game's financial sustainability. (Didn't they spend something like $1 million on art? Or am I misremembering?)

I'm guessing a lot of people who grew out of MTG don't necessarily have the income or time to dedicate to another TCG.

Getting retailers involved means they have a reason to help back Hex and push for its success among current gamers.

Yoss
07-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Another thing that would be neat is giving brick and mortar shops some incentive to just have a rack of iPads in stock to play Hex even during non-tournament times. There's a not-insignificant number of people who just plain don't have internet access or a computer still, but might like to play. The young'ns as well, who perhaps don't have a computer of their own. CZE could recognize logins from specific shops by hostmask, and give, say, a 2-5% kickback to the host shop of any in-game purchases done while logged in from that hostmask.
Did Cory say this in one of the interviews? Maybe the KotR one? Something about having 8 ipads and giving a vendor code to share profits?

Shadowelf
07-22-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't see that business strategy grabbing enough people to guarantee the game's financial sustainability. (Didn't they spend something like $1 million on art? Or am I misremembering?)

I'm guessing a lot of people who grew out of MTG don't necessarily have the income or time to dedicate to another TCG.

Getting retailers involved means they have a reason to help back Hex and push for its success among current gamers.

Well it worked with KS; now they have to find new ways to attract people into the game and in sense that's what they are trying to do. Tablet support is one step , gameshops will be another. Also Hexcon is really important if it becomes an annual event.

Mr.Funsocks
07-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Did Cory say this in one of the interviews? Maybe the KotR one? Something about having 8 ipads and giving a vendor code to share profits?

Yeah, but specifically for the purposes of tournaments. I'm thinking during non-tournament times as well.

Yoss
07-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Might not be a bad idea for CZE to let the shop have like 80% of profits until the store breaks even on the start-up costs. Then they could reduce it to some more reasonable percentage.

ossuary
07-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Or just expect users to bring their own tablets until the model proves worth the store's time. Some comic stores have already got some digital offerings, as well. There are all kinds of interesting non-standard FLGS business models out there - like the one in Portland that's also a bar.

Mr.Funsocks
07-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Or just expect users to bring their own tablets until the model proves worth the store's time. Some comic stores have already got some digital offerings, as well. There are all kinds of interesting non-standard FLGS business models out there - like the one in Portland that's also a bar.

But how does the store then promote anything?

Justinkp
07-23-2013, 01:01 AM

He didn't say the person wasn't a gamer, only that their friends and families weren't. Many gamers hear about new things from their friends, if the gamer's friends aren't giving them this information on new games local stores can and will-provided they have an incentive to do so.

Demar_Black
07-23-2013, 08:40 PM
He didn't say the person wasn't a gamer, only that their friends and families weren't. Many gamers hear about new things from their friends, if the gamer's friends aren't giving them this information on new games local stores can and will-provided they have an incentive to do so.

Yeah, I think it's important to consider the possibility that the majority of people who would invest heavily in Hex just from online word of mouth are already KS backers.

That number may not increase very much even if the game gets good reviews and some threads on the game in various forums get necro'd post launch. I'm guessing that's not enough people to make this game worth the multi-million dollar investment.

If retailers aren't part of the equation, they have zero incentive to tell anyone about Hex, which means a good number of MTG players who don't check out stuff online never know the game exists.

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I think it's important to consider the possibility that the majority of people who would invest heavily in Hex just from online word of mouth are already KS backers.

That number may not increase very much even if the game gets good reviews and some threads on the game in various forums get necro'd post launch. I'm guessing that's not enough people to make this game worth the multi-million dollar investment.

If retailers aren't part of the equation, they have zero incentive to tell anyone about Hex, which means a good number of MTG players who don't check out stuff online never know the game exists.

If retailers aren't part of the equation they probably actually have a negative incentive to mention Hex as it could cause them to lose revenue.

I have hope that there are a lot of people didn't hear about the KS in time and would still invest a lot. And if the game does get really popular I think there's a lot of people who would invest a fair amount. And the KS backers themselves should continue to pump money in, but many won't need to until set 2 comes out.

We really have no way of knowing how many of the people willing to put in large amounts of money already have. And the very generous KS rewards may push some of those people away. I think there's still a lot of potential "whale" players, but I have little to base this on. Even if there are the more people that can be reached the better and stores are a good way to reach people. And while the game may be targeted in many ways towards people who can't or don't want to go to the local store to play the people who like playing in a social environment are a subset foolish to ignore.

ossuary
07-26-2013, 05:18 AM
There are definitely still whales out there. I have a friend from my last job who I tried to get to join up along with my other cube-mates. He's a bigtime Magic player with probably $15K spent on the game since he started playing in High School (he's never stopped playing since around The Dark, buys several boxes of every set, and goes to every single FNM).

His response was that the game looked amazing, but that he couldn't "afford" another hobby right now. But the reality is, he often gets sick of the in person experience, and if Hex really takes off, I can very easily see him making the switch. I bet there are a lot of people like that out there, that just need to see something better actually in place, rather than just theoretical, before they'll make the jump. But they WILL jump (or sound, if you'll excuse the pun). :)

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 06:36 AM
@ossuary

I definitely agree there are still whales-how many I don't know, but potentially a lot.

We also don't need people to jump from magic completely. Some may only be able to afford one or the other but others will still want the physical experience AND the digital experience. Ironically I can actually see Hex being good for magic and the TCG business in general. If the PVE experience is as good as it has the potential to be a lot of MMO PVE types may give it a try. Turning even a fraction of those onto the PVP Hex experience could increase the total TCG market dramatically, digitally and physically.

Hex is also likely to cause magic to vastly improve their online service and inspire them to innovate in general. Competition is good for the consumer. If the market does increase there may be room for smaller, more niche games. Hex could actually create a boom period for the whole industry.

Vibraxus
07-26-2013, 07:41 AM
But how does the store then promote anything?

They offer a central place for friends to go and play the game, buy drinks and food. Its actually brilliant. Plus if you dont own a tablet, they rent you one for duration of your time there...like a pool hall.

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 07:51 AM
They offer a central place for friends to go and play the game, buy drinks and food. Its actually brilliant. Plus if you dont own a tablet, they rent you one for duration of your time there...like a pool hall.

Why do this for Hex rather than magic or any other game you could sell product for? And without the upfront cost of purchasing tablets and then worrying about them being stolen or damaged. I think if they do want stores to be a part of Hex's growth there will have to be more than this. At this point a store that sells any physical TCG isn't going to want to even mention Hex as any money put into Hex by their customers is likely money not being spent on their product.

Vibraxus
07-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Why do this for Hex rather than magic or any other game you could sell product for? And without the upfront cost of purchasing tablets and then worrying about them being stolen or damaged. I think if they do want stores to be a part of Hex's growth there will have to be more than this. At this point a store that sells any physical TCG isn't going to want to even mention Hex as any money put into Hex by their customers is likely money not being spent on their product.

As somebody mentioned it could/would work by the owner of the shop getting a code they enter on their tablets that enables them to a cut of any sales on their tablets. Plus the fee they charge to rent the tabs, and food/drink. I think it would become just another offering a gaming shop has access to.

Hex could also offer game shops exclusives for pre-release parties, much like MTG does. Theres lots of ways to incentivise a shop owner into pimpimg for Hex.

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 09:00 AM
As somebody mentioned it could/would work by the owner of the shop getting a code they enter on their tablets that enables them to a cut of any sales on their tabletPR release e fee they charge to rent the tabs, and food/drink. I think it would become just another offering a gaming shop has access to.

Hex could also offer game shops exclusives for pre-release parties, much like MTG does. Theres lots of ways to incentivise a shop owner into pimpimg for Hex.

Oh sure (and I'm sorry if my post came off as obnoxious-rereading it I didn't like the "tone" and it wasn't meant to be rude) if you add the idea for getting a cut on sales or things like prerelease exclusives (though based on the reaction to convention exclusives I doubt that will happen and if they implement the same compromise where people can get the "exclusive" in chests in the game it doesn't much help the store then).

I own a store (mostly a comic book store now but diversifying into gaming) and I'd have trouble selling my partners on this. The tablet thing is an annoyance and it may well be difficult to make a profit before one is damaged or stolen. We can't even sell food and drink because our landlord owns a coffee shop down the street and doesn't want the competition (even though we really wouldn't be competing with him). But even at our old location we made little from food and drink-it was mostly to keep people in the store. Also food and drink are tricky with lots of books (and maybe tablets) around. And the profit margins aren't high-if you try to make them high there are stores 2 doors down (we could disallow outside food and drink and may have to just to protect the books).

Its not an easy business and for Hex to be viable for us we'll need something like that cut of sales. I haven't looked forward to a game this much in a very long time. I really want Hex to be part of my store. But I can't afford to lose money making that happen. Cory seems excited about making some kind of Hex/retail store symbiosis work for both parties. I really hope he makes it work, both as a store owner and just as a Hex fan, because I really think stores can help push Hex. I know my store would if we don't lose out doing so.

Vibraxus
07-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Oh sure (and I'm sorry if my post came off as obnoxious-rereading it I didn't like the "tone" and it wasn't meant to be rude) if you add the idea for getting a cut on sales or things like prerelease exclusives (though based on the reaction to convention exclusives I doubt that will happen and if they implement the same compromise where people can get the "exclusive" in chests in the game it doesn't much help the store then).

I own a store (mostly a comic book store now but diversifying into gaming) and I'd have trouble selling my partners on this. The tablet thing is an annoyance and it may well be difficult to make a profit before one is damaged or stolen. We can't even sell food and drink because our landlord owns a coffee shop down the street and doesn't want the competition (even though we really wouldn't be competing with him). But even at our old location we made little from food and drink-it was mostly to keep people in the store. Also food and drink are tricky with lots of books (and maybe tablets) around. And the profit margins aren't high-if you try to make them high there are stores 2 doors down (we could disallow outside food and drink and may have to just to protect the books).

Its not an easy business and for Hex to be viable for us we'll need something like that cut of sales. I haven't looked forward to a game this much in a very long time. I really want Hex to be part of my store. But I can't afford to lose money making that happen. Cory seems excited about making some kind of Hex/retail store symbiosis work for both parties. I really hope he makes it work, both as a store owner and just as a Hex fan, because I really think stores can help push Hex. I know my store would if we don't lose out doing so.

Since you are a store owner, and Cory has mentioned hed like to get into stores, perhaps you should e-mail their support team and hopefully engage with him/his team for good viable options. I think there is a potential great opportunity here.

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Since you are a store owner, and Cory has mentioned hed like to get into stores, perhaps you should e-mail their support team and hopefully engage with him/his team for good viable options. I think there is a potential great opportunity here.

I thought of something like this, but with their WoWTCG they probably have connections with large numbers of stores-stores with much more gaming experience (on the retail side, but probably on the playing side and any other side you could name as well) than my store has. Really I'd be the one its a great opportunity potentially for-to them I wouldn't be anything special. The only thing I have going for me is being a store owner who happens to be passionate about Hex and who has a pretty well regarded comic store.

Its still probably worth a shot, the worst that would happen is I get a form letter. I've been thinking of trying to get in contact with them anyway since besides the store we're also a small press and I know several artists who could possibly do good work for them. You usually don't get great results blindly emailing customer support about these kinds of things, I was hoping for some kind of in or finding out how their freelance artists usually get started. Sending an unsolicited email on either topic probably looks a little unprofessional and I certainly wouldn't know what to say in regards to the store/hex relations.

I'll definitely be thinking about it and if anyone has any suggestions I'd certainly appreciate them (or if anyone knows how freelance artists typically get work from CZE-I know a number of talented artists who could do good work-though getting styles of individual artists to fit CZE's vision is a big hurdle).

Demar_Black
07-26-2013, 09:36 AM
If retailers aren't part of the equation they probably actually have a negative incentive to mention Hex as it could cause them to lose revenue.

I have hope that there are a lot of people didn't hear about the KS in time and would still invest a lot. And if the game does get really popular I think there's a lot of people who would invest a fair amount. And the KS backers themselves should continue to pump money in, but many won't need to until set 2 comes out.

We really have no way of knowing how many of the people willing to put in large amounts of money already have. And the very generous KS rewards may push some of those people away. I think there's still a lot of potential "whale" players, but I have little to base this on. Even if there are the more people that can be reached the better and stores are a good way to reach people. And while the game may be targeted in many ways towards people who can't or don't want to go to the local store to play the people who like playing in a social environment are a subset foolish to ignore.

Heh, good point on negative press from retailers. It's a simple argument really: "You're going to pay money for cards you can't hold in your hand?"

People already hate the idea of renting software, so playing on Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt is an easy way to keep people interested in the physical MTG game.

As for KS backers investing a lot and new players coming aboard, it's all very possible but I don't know if it's enough to keep the game viable. I think there will be a lot of people who sign on to play for free, not sure if they'll even spend much (any) money. Servers still have to accommodate them, which adds to the cost.

There are potential whale players, but how many of them will be put off with not having physical cards in hand? At least if retailers have the product via vendor accounts they'll give it a fair shake and possibly push for its success - otherwise they'll just dismiss it out of hand by focusing on Hex's perceived weaknesses...assuming Hex even comes up.

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Heh, good point on negative press from retailers. It's a simple argument really: "You're going to pay money for cards you can't hold in your hand?"

People already hate the idea of renting software, so playing on Fear/Uncertainty/Doubt is an easy way to keep people interested in the physical MTG game.

As for KS backers investing a lot and new players coming aboard, it's all very possible but I don't know if it's enough to keep the game viable. I think there will be a lot of people who sign on to play for free, not sure if they'll even spend much (any) money. Servers still have to accommodate them, which adds to the cost.

There are potential whale players, but how many of them will be put off with not having physical cards in hand? At least if retailers have the product via vendor accounts they'll give it a fair shake and possibly push for its success - otherwise they'll just dismiss it out of hand by focusing on Hex's perceived weaknesses...assuming Hex even comes up.

All good points. I hadn't even thought about it so sharply to you even more explicitly pointed it out here: if stores don't have incentive to be "friends" with Hex they'll have incentive to be enemies. This may not hurt them much, but when you can instead advertising for you why not do it? There has to be a good way (several in fact) for a mutually beneficial relationship to work. Cory wants it to happen. I imagine if stores are educated they'll want it to happen. Hopefully they can come up with some good ideas-hopefully people in this thread come up with some themselves.

ossuary
07-26-2013, 11:08 AM
The idea of renting the device is similar to an internet cafe environment, if you think of it that way. They already do this quite a lot in places like China and Korea. Why couldn't a card shop have a similar space set up, for multiple possible online game types, if they wanted to / there was profit in it?

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 11:20 AM
The idea of renting the device is similar to an internet cafe environment, if you think of it that way. They already do this quite a lot in places like China and Korea. Why couldn't a card shop have a similar space set up, for multiple possible online game types, if they wanted to / there was profit in it?

They could of course, if there was profit in it-more profit than running a standard physical TCG since even if equal why deal with the opportunity costs? I think something like this will definitely happen, but it will likely take more than Hex to make it common. With just Hex and no incentives for stores to be involved its hard to see it being profitable.

We may skip right past the tablet stage with the Oculus Rift or something similar being rented out. Cheap VR is much more versatile than renting tablets-and there's no reason an Oculus Rift port of Hex couldn't be made although it doesn't as offer as much to VR as many game types.

ossuary
07-26-2013, 11:27 AM
hahah... log into your Rift, so you can sit in a virtual space, and play the digital game, as though you were sitting there with an actual deck of cards. :p

Justinkp
07-26-2013, 11:30 AM
hahah... log into your Rift, so you can sit in a virtual space, and play the digital game, as though you were sitting there with an actual deck of cards. :p

Combine it with gestural control and its just like playing a physical card game!

Demar_Black
07-26-2013, 11:55 AM
@Vibraxus:

As somebody mentioned it could/would work by the owner of the shop getting a code they enter on their tablets that enables them to a cut of any sales on their tablets. Plus the fee they charge to rent the tabs, and food/drink. I think it would become just another offering a gaming shop has access to.

If the vendor code also works on customers' privately owned tablets, that would be best. Perhaps vendors have to approve transactions before they can go through...that might not be possible and involve too much interaction between Hex's site, the customer's comp, and the store's POS system.

I do think, given all the location based apps out there, that something can be done to benefit vendors, customers, and CZE.

Hahaha. I like it!

@Justinkp:

Yeah, I think it's a (hopefully!) simple matter of providing a means for vendors to benefit from the game. I don't know if it can ever be as profitable for a store as a physical TCG, but I think there might be ways to make it work.

I agree with the Vibraxus - you should talk to Cory. You might be able to test out some of his ideas on a micro level, if you're willing and have time.