PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimeate PvE Deck.

chansen005
07-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Based on the Information we have so far about the game, I have come to the conclusion that this deck;

http://www.hex-datamine.com/deck.php?did=666

4 pack raptors (Draw a card)
4 Master Beast Rider (draw a card socket)
4 Glimmer Glen Witch
4 Sensei of the Milky Eye (draw a card)
4 Wild Root Dancer
4 Wild Growth
4 Secret Lab
4 Oracle Song
4 Dream Dance
14 Wild source
10 Sapphire Source

Mixed with the Warrior champion going 100% defence is the way to go. Basically, you just keep drawing out your deck, with tons of card draw, until eventually all that is left is pack raptors, so if you have all 24 lands out, you play 24 pack raptors each turn. Same as every video game, the premise is.... dont die... and you will win.

I want whoever is reading this to tell me why they think this deck will fail, or, what cards they feel will excelerate the draw your deck out idea

nekoangel
07-21-2013, 01:57 AM
i have no real idea where to begin with this except please dont double post threads.
there are enough hex threads as it is and enough double of threads as well.

decks dont go in general discussion.

i wouldn't bother with wild growth here tbh if chlorophyll combos with root dancer that might be a nice addition.
eye of creation seems like it should be here, your not going to risk replicators gambit either?

Hemlock
07-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Looks like a solid deck. Everything a raptor needs to grow up big and strong.

@Neko: Eye of Creation could be nice, and Chlorophyllia could help you make use of all those card draws, but Replicator's Gambit is mad problematic in a Pack Raptor deck. The more Raptors you play, the less likely you are to draw the Replicated card. All those card draws might offset that somewhat, but I still wouldn't include it.

If you're looking to trade out some cards, Glimmerglen Witch is good, but not strictly necessary for your strategy.

Aradon
07-21-2013, 01:03 PM
I posted in the General thread, but I'll address your questions more specifically here:

1) Why will this deck fail? Because other decks will combo out in PvE, doing something like a million damage before you can overwhelm them. Off the top of my head, using spectral lotus, 2 dream dances, and an Archmage Wrenlock, I could cast my deck on turn 3. I'm waiting on more cards to see how well I can assemble the combo, but it doesn't matter how defensive of a deck/champion you are against this deck or any other good combo deck. It'll just overwhelm yours. Your best response is to play less defensively and more aggressively, giving combo decks less time to assemble their cards. On a good hand, your deck could get out quite a few pack raptors, which would do the trick, but a champion like the Warrior being defensive doesn't help you so much.

2) What could improve the deck: Spectral Lotus, as others have said. It's just too good not to include. I also recommend using Ebonrock as your champion. Technical Genius with artifact raptors means you could potentially cast infinite raptors turn 1 (odds of this are minimal! :P).

HyenaNipples
07-21-2013, 06:55 PM
Clever girl.

Yoss
07-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Good thing the Hex forums have no (active) moderators at the moment.

rajaat9
07-30-2013, 01:22 PM
Aradon, I'm confused. You seem to be discussing PvP in a PvE thread. Does it matter how fast your deck can combo out vs. this deck? This is for PVE. Player versus Environment. The Computer. Dungeons. How it does versus other PvE only decks is irrelevant, as it basically can't happen.

Aradon
07-30-2013, 01:34 PM
There's no reason the computer can't pilot a combo deck against this one in PvE. Computer or human doesn't really make a difference: if there's a deck that can break another deck, then you need to be aware of the weakness. That awareness should incline you to hedge your deck against multiple threats rather than go all-in on one strategy. In this case, going 100% defensive isn't ideal when you could go 'defensive enough to survive, and a little aggressive too.' The excess defensive capability would be better spent in aggression to help your less-than-ideal matchups.

Also, they've mentioned that there will be PvE-legal PvP as an optional mode. As an 'ultimate' deck, I figured it was intended to beat any deck in any matchup, or as close to that as possible. In short: I don't see why we should differentiate between 'my deck' and 'the deck the computer is going to use' other than to acknowledge that the computer has even more cards & power at their disposal than I do, given raid-unique cards.

rajaat9
07-30-2013, 01:45 PM
All "PvE-legal" PvP will be broken beyond belief, 4x black lotus is just ridiculous and the format should not be played. It's like playing magic with no type 1 restricted list, if you really abuse it, it's just silly, of course insane combos will be everywhere. However, I doubt the computer will be using a lot of black lotuses in its combo decks, should they exist. The card is an homage to magic, that's all. Keep in mind also that when you use them, they permanently disappear. Good luck playing 3 PvE games in a day. Given this, I HIGHLY doubt the computer will ever have them in its decks.

Aradon
07-30-2013, 04:13 PM
Even raid bosses intended to beat 3-on-1 matches all day? I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them got some cheap ramp/temporary mana effects. Heck, I bet at least one raid starts with 3 resources in play to begin with.

And yeah, the PvE-legal PvP matches are going to be ridiculously degenerate, which will be entertaining to watch and play for a while, but they've said that it will be a supported casual format and may at some time host some small tournaments with that structure. Nobody's pretending it'll be balanced or fair, but I know a lot of people want to see how their silly deck performs against someone else's silly deck.

Eierdotter
07-31-2013, 07:46 AM
Glimmer Glen Witch and Wild root Dancer seem useless in this "i have a ton of pack raptors after a lot of turns"-deck.