PDA

View Full Version : Trading/AH an idea

Vibraxus
07-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Hey, not sure its been suggested or anything, but can we have a way to set some of our own stuff as not trade-able? Like for instance I dont want to accidentally click on my Lotus garden and give/trade it to somebody when I meant to click on a normal lotus. So Id like to be able to set a flag that my gardens are not trade-able...this could/should be a flag I can turn off if I really wanted.

Shadowelf
07-30-2013, 11:11 AM
I bet that you will have to click more than once for a trade to be completed, so i doubt that such kind of 'accidents' will be happening

Stok3d
07-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Shadowelf mentioned that CZE is likely to place a confirmation step to that of trading which should appease your concern. However, I wonder if CZE will enable the functionality to only have viewable for others parts of your collection you selected as tradable? I am also a big supporter of the filtering system and having the ability to right click and select >4 and set as tradable...

ossuary
07-30-2013, 11:34 AM
It will be interesting to see whether or not CZE gives us a digital trading book, where we can show off our better items that we're willing to trade. Having a binder of cards to sell / trade is sort of a staple of the TCG genre. Could be fun to see the same thing digitally. :)

Turtlewing
07-30-2013, 11:43 AM
It will be interesting to see whether or not CZE gives us a digital trading book, where we can show off our better items that we're willing to trade. Having a binder of cards to sell / trade is sort of a staple of the TCG genre. Could be fun to see the same thing digitally. :)

I don't get why people keep asking for this. A trade binder is essentially a "sort by seller" option. Has there ever been a reason why you would prefer that ordering to sorting by price or by some attribute of the card (color, rarity, name, etc.)?

Vibraxus
07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I don't get why people keep asking for this. A trade binder is essentially a "sort by seller" option. Has there ever been a reason why you would prefer that ordering to sorting by price or by some attribute of the card (color, rarity, name, etc.)?

When trading you show the person you are trading with what you have to offer, and they show you theirs. Sounds like you are confusing a trade with an AH type of thing.

Turtlewing
07-30-2013, 12:07 PM
When trading you show the person you are trading with what you have to offer, and they show you theirs. Sounds like you are confusing a trade with an AH type of thing.

Well a good auction house makes direct trades basicly obsolete*.

One advantage of the digital medium should be not having to deal with things like paging through the trade binder of everyone you meet on the off chance they have something you want since you can search/sort listings instead.

* the main exception being when you want to gift something to someone, because their your friend/spouse/second account/etc.

zadies
07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Some of the uber rare cards I'd likely rather do a direct trade of then put them on the AH if it were an actual option.

nicosharp
07-30-2013, 12:28 PM
If there is a toggle for trade-able items / sell-able items, there should also be a toggle to lock those items. I have played several games that do this well.

For the most part this should be a non-issue, but maybe it could go an extra level for account security, and allow a locked item to not be traded for 7 days after it has been unlocked.

(This could be great if a account was 'compromised', or an angry significant other or innocent child got a-hold of it) - Which could be easy with a Tablet!

ossuary
07-30-2013, 01:02 PM

I don't get why people don't like options. :)

Haggling one on one is way more fun than browsing an auction house and clicking "buy." Maybe I want to trade item for item. It's not like it's difficult... why not have the choice?

Just because you personally wouldn't use something doesn't mean it's automatically stupid and wasteful. ;)

Shadowelf
07-30-2013, 01:57 PM
I am with Stok3d and Ossuary on this ; i am a big fan of trade binders both a memoir of my days playing physical tcg's and as a way to simplify trades by making proposal and counter-proposals easier. I would also like to extent this on equipments as well as i bet that they will occupy a big share of online trading. It would also be awesome if you could check people binders or collections here on forums as well, just like D3 did; Not only you could check people's progress within the game, but it would be easier to help new people by proposing decks and builds based on their existing card and equipment pool.

ossuary
07-30-2013, 04:00 PM
All neat ideas, as long as those who don't want to participate have the option to turn it off (or just don't put anything in your binder).

Shadowelf
07-30-2013, 04:18 PM
All neat ideas, as long as those who don't want to participate have the option to turn it off (or just don't put anything in your binder).

It is strange though that people want to have all sorts of achievements to brag about but may not willing to share their card collections; can't figure out why. i mean isn't it an achievement itself to have all the sets completed and present it here at the forums, or ingame with a simple click, aka accessible by everyone with the curiosity ? Is that because people fear of the safety of their accounts, or because they think that many people will be bothering them begging for cards? If these are the reasons well i can put their mind at ease; i had at some point the 25th best wizard in the word at diablo3; my account was never stolen and nobody ever asked for anything besides advice which i would gladly give to everyone that asked nicely