PDA

View Full Version : New content on Hex Musings!

rajaat9
07-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Wanted to give everyone an update on the new Hex Musings content. We have an in-depth discussion of the mono-ruby deck, an example list, and a card by card breakdown of the reason behind its inclusion. If you're interested in burning faces, I recommend you check it out.
http://hexmusings.wordpress.com

Please comment either here or at the blog with any opinions. Does the deck seem sweet? Or do you think it sucks? How do you feel it will fit into the metagame? I have my opinions, but I'd like to hear what the community thinks.

Hemlock
07-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Great read. I appreciated the detailed explanations of each card and choice.

The only card I really disagree with you about is Ragefire. 2 damage, basic action, for 2 mana is pretty lackluster. Since aggro decks are trying to win the game early, the chances of you drawing the second Ragefire aren't great, and the the chances of you drawing the third - which is where the card really gets rolling - are unbearably slim.

Personally, if you're looking for a card that gives you late-game presence, I'd much prefer Zoltog, Ruby Lance, or Te'talca.

rajaat9
07-31-2013, 06:48 PM
ruby lance doesn't go to the face, and tetalca, though great, isn't a burn spell. Though the first ragefire is mediocre, comparable to burn, if you play 2 they have basically turned into lightning bolts, which is great for this format. I feel if burn is a playable card, and it apparently is, then ragefire is basically just better, since if you happen to draw a few, it's game over. You use it to clear a blocker on your first main phase early, then you'll probably draw another one as the game is coming to an end, and it's fine. Is it great? No, I'd prefer just lightning bolt, but you play what is available. The burn deck needs burn cards, and our options are weak.