PDA

View Full Version : More Gold Sinks Than Home Depot™: Threshold podcast article about gold sinks

OutlandishMatt
07-31-2013, 10:41 PM
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/more-gold-sinks-than-home-depot/

I've written an "article" about potential gold sinks in Hex and the likely hood of their appearance and how they would work. Give it a read and let me know of anything I might have missed

Also, I went to Home Depot today for a picture of gold sinks and they had no gold sinks. :-/

Matt

Scammanator
08-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Nice article, Matt. Gold sinks are one of the things I'm most curious about right now.

I have only one point that I disagree significantly with you on, and that's respecialization. I think your 99.99% odds are too high, since CZE already said that you could have different specializations for different decks* (Citation needed). And at that time there was heavy implication that it would be easy to change and experiment with different specializations.

OutlandishMatt
08-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Scammanator, I would think they would be missing out on a big opportunity at a gold sink if they didn't make it cost something. Also, easy doesn't necessarily imply free, it could just mean, you hit a button, pay X gold, and your talents are reset.

Everything right now is up in the air and I can't wait to see what's in alpha. They could have it in alpha and remove it in beta and add it back at release. I hope to get a chance to ask about these things and others at Gen Con. Thank you Scammanator for taking the time to read it. I appreciate it.

hammer
08-02-2013, 02:49 PM
The third podcast was the best so far- really enjoyed the content and delivery good jobs lads.

Rycajo
08-02-2013, 05:37 PM
I once again enjoyed the podcast and the article. Thank you.

Scammanator, I would think they would be missing out on a big opportunity at a gold sink if they didn't make it cost something. Also, easy doesn't necessarily imply free, it could just mean, you hit a button, pay X gold, and your talents are reset.

Everything right now is up in the air and I can't wait to see what's in alpha. They could have it in alpha and remove it in beta and add it back at release. I hope to get a chance to ask about these things and others at Gen Con. Thank you Scammanator for taking the time to read it. I appreciate it.

I think you could be correct here about respec costs. It is a weird issue though as I believe your hero can be attached to multiple decks at the same time. It will be rather annoying if a hero cannot be assigned to multiple decks.

OutlandishMatt
08-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Rycajo, in our Episode 4 we get confused again with Hero and Champion. I think your hero is you but champions are like your leader for your deck if that even makes any sense at all. Using something like military terms, you're the general (Hero) and you're telling your platoon leader (Champion) what the troops need to do. I still don't understand it all and will hopefully get some concrete explanation at Gen Con.

Rycajo
08-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I wasn't really confused about the difference between and hero and a champion.

CZE has said you would be able to respec, we know that much. What we don't know is if that will be free. I'm just saying it would be annoying if you have to go through the process of respecing every time you want to play a different deck with that hero. In other words, hopefully you can save your hero with multiple skill setups.

OutlandishMatt
08-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Rycajo, the more I think about it the more you could be right. This is also pre-alpha so who knows. We've only seen PvP play and haven't really heard much about talents or the champions in general when it comes to PvE.