PDA

View Full Version : [BLOG] Second GenCon 2013 Mercenary Revealed!

hex_colin
08-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Cory teased the second GenCon mercenary this morning! I put together a very quick blog post with the photo: www.hexvault.com/blog/2013/08/01/getting-excited-for-gencon/

Anyone work out the name of the Mercenary?

OutlandishMatt
08-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Well, he has something like a banjo and it looks like Buffet or Buffalo something. If this was a movie that image would easily be enhanced and somehow the reflection from his glasses would reveal like 10 more cards.

hex_colin
08-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Well, he has something like a banjo and it looks like Buffet or Buffalo something. If this was a movie that image would easily be enhanced and somehow the reflection from his glasses would reveal like 10 more cards.

Exactly! But I'm not having the same luck with PhotoShop unfortunately... ;)

Sanik
08-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Enhance!

hex_colin
08-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Thinking about it - I'd bet we'll see the actual card in the update tomorrow. Time will tell...

hex_colin
08-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Enhance!

You know, GAX is pretty legible, whereas the other Mercenary's font is impressively illegible. I know what you're up to!!!! Pixelating the text intentionally! ;) :P

Icepick
08-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Enhance!

I call shenanigans!

Scammanator
08-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Looks like an Elvish bard (Although I don't see horns)

Since Elf names have been mostly Shakespearean so far, and Shakespeare was know as the Bard of Avon, and judging from the rough letter structure, I'm guessing something close to:
"Fordstrat Avon"

First post from a long-time forum-watcher.

hex_colin
08-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Looks like an Elvish bard (Although I don't see horns)

Since Elf names have been mostly Shakespearean so far, and Shakespeare was know as the Bard of Avon, and judging from the rough letter structure, I'm guessing something close to:
"Fordstrat Avon"

First post from a long-time forum-watcher.

Welcome!

The musical note between the 2 names lends a little credence to this idea too.

Shadowelf
08-01-2013, 05:15 PM
'Porleash Avon' would have been my guess

Scammanator
08-01-2013, 05:59 PM

Yeah, The only reason I'm guessing "Fordstrat" for the first name is because Shakespeare's hometown was "Stratford-on-Avon." And those first three letters definitely looks like either "Por" or "For." So I swapped the syllables. I'm having trouble visually fitting that 'd' in there afterwards, though.

(Yes, I'm aware how bad that last sentence sounds)

I'm seeing a 'z' near the end of the first name now (second- or third-to-last letter). I can't think of anything like that offhand that fits the Shakespeare theme.

Shadowelf
08-02-2013, 03:09 AM
Love the background you are providing :)

Looked at the picture hard for 10 minutes , and this was the name i came up; which it might not be correct after all. But i bet we will know at today's update

Icepick
08-02-2013, 05:08 AM
I actually thought it was a Necrotic, not an elf, as its eyes seem to be glowing slightly and it doesn't have the horn looking things the other elves we've seen have. Could be wrong though, the picture isn't very clear - perhaps intentionally so!

hex_colin
08-09-2013, 12:55 PM

Portensio of Avon!

Shadowelf - you were definitely the closest! If I can earn enough tickets, I'll get an extra one for you.

Shadowelf
08-09-2013, 01:26 PM
Portensio of Avon!

Shadowelf - you were definitely the closest! If I can earn enough tickets, I'll get an extra one for you.

Too close yet that far away :)

That would have been mighty nice of you Collin-i can cover the shipping costs if needed :)

Jinuyr
08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Thank you for sharing the link!