PDA

View Full Version : [FunktionFails] Ruby Champ Breakdown

funktion
08-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Hey everyone...
Man I've been lagging on content lately, then again seems like most have : ( I'm nearly done with my champ breakdown series and he's part 4 which focuses on the ruby champions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKUzcwbtbow

Ruby is definitely high risk high reward, but also feels somewhat shallow to me.

Hit me up with any feedback you might have as well as anything you'd like me to investigate @ gen con in two weeks.

umikami
08-02-2013, 04:44 AM
watched at dinner thanks

Icepick
08-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Nice video, and I agree with most of your points, though you don't seem to mention possible synergy between the charge powers and specific cards. The most obvious example I can think of is the Sword Trainer and Lionel Flynn's power, which basically gives the Sword Trainer Inspire +4/+0. As you said, makes the ST an obvious target for removal, but still, pretty potent stuff.

funktion
08-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Nice video, and I agree with most of your points, though you don't seem to mention possible synergy between the charge powers and specific cards. The most obvious example I can think of is the Sword Trainer and Lionel Flynn's power, which basically gives the Sword Trainer Inspire +4/+0. As you said, makes the ST an obvious target for removal, but still, pretty potent stuff.

Yeah they video was already longer than I wanted so didn't want to put too much more side stuff like that in there. Sword trainer really is not a card that I'd ever be happy playing with (with what I've seen so far), but that doesn't mean there weren't a few other card synergies which I left out.