PDA

View Full Version : HEX at NYCC?

KiraForce
08-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure if there is already a plan to appear, but I would like to see HEX at the New York Comic Con. Plenty of big gaming companies get some hype there (Nintendo is apparently doing demos of X and Y) and having the same chance to play as the people at Gencon have would be great since it's in another part of the country, giving more people in more places some chances to play. Maybe a CZE employee could answer, but all you HEXers can give your opinion on if they should come out or not, as well.

Chiany
08-02-2013, 03:02 AM
By then, Beta should be well under way, and should be there main focus imho.

Shadowelf
08-02-2013, 04:48 AM
Adverising the game via Cons to all sorts of different audiences (Gencon for gamers, ComicCon for comic fans), can only be good to the game, as it increases people's awareness and stimulates their curiosity. I don't know however whether Comic Con fits their time plan , or if they have the resources (or willing to dedicate) required to attend (time, money, hardware, personnel)

KiraForce
08-02-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, as the poster above had said, by then they should be planning for Beta (if not already in Beta), making a live demo just a tad more manageable, I think.

malloc31
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Truthfully I was a bit surprised they didn't do anything at San Diego Comic Con. Comic conventions almost always coincide with magic tournaments, and that is a big part of there target audience. I understand the game isn't playable yet but you would think they could go show videos of game play and give out stuff.

hex_colin
08-02-2013, 02:29 PM
Truthfully I was a bit surprised they didn't do anything at San Diego Comic Con. Comic conventions almost always coincide with magic tournaments, and that is a big part of there target audience. I understand the game isn't playable yet but you would think they could go show videos of game play and give out stuff.

Cory was there incognito. I randomly saw him on the exhibit floor on one of the days, turned around to tell a buddy that I was going to go say "hello", and when I turned back around he was gone...

SDCC isn't the place to go exhibit on short notice - I imagine that was one of the problems this year. Next year they'll hopefully do something offsite but close by - I'm beginning to prefer that sort of interaction with the companies I was to spend time talking to/learning about.

KiraForce
09-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Bump to include the fact that Beta will NOT be in October, so they may have a presence here after all, so it's more up in the air. Do you think it's more likely now that Alpha will be longer that HEX will come up to the city?