PDA

View Full Version : What are peoples favorite decks for gen con?

Kaiba_Graysoul
08-03-2013, 02:30 AM
I love the look of the Gozzog deck although the Poca deck looks like a simple: very fast, hard hitter or will the shin'hare numbers prove to much to overcome; so who likes what and which deck will do the best?

Xhanatos
08-04-2013, 03:27 AM
To me the white deck looks the strongest by far.

Hemlock
08-04-2013, 07:59 AM
Pure blood looks pretty awful. Aside from the Harvester and Webcrawler, all those troops are pretty bottom-barrel. Xentoth's Chosen can be good if you get a couple bone warriors out there to eat the sac.

Bunnies and Ruby both look good. If the bunnies play a Mushwocky with Eulogist on the table, I don't see any of the other decks winning.

My favorite, however, is ruby/white. As Zoelef said in the other thread, if Gawaine is played, that's pretty much game over. Even without it, there's a lot of Inspire synergy, so if you can keep the momentum going (aided by some nice, cheap removal), you're golden.

Zoelef
08-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Pure blood looks pretty awful. Aside from the Harvester and Webcrawler, all those troops are pretty bottom-barrel. Xentoth's Chosen can be good if you get a couple bone warriors out there to eat the sac.

Bunnies and Ruby both look good. If the bunnies play a Mushwocky with Eulogist on the table, I don't see any of the other decks winning.

My favorite, however, is ruby/white. As Zoelef said in the other thread, if Gawaine is played, that's pretty much game over. Even without it, there's a lot of Inspire synergy, so if you can keep the momentum going (aided by some nice, cheap removal), you're golden.

Note: I'm not going to GenCon and have't played any Hex. At face value, my ranks are:

Sapphire - Argus is fantastic and only really stopped by Murder as there's no artifact removal or targeted discard to be found, and this deck has plenty of card draw to dig in for both that and Inspiration Engine. Seriously, Argus in your opening hand is droppable on turn 6; turtle up (Tech Genius is 1/3 now), get Argus online, and rack up the CA.

Blood/Wild - Excellent synergy, creature and card draw engines seem solid. Murder answers large creatures and Eulogist is a silly 2-drop if unanswered. I would've liked seeing an Overrun-type card to end games on the attack but Necessary Sacrificing a Battle Hopper is a reasonable consolation.

Ruby/Diamond - Legionnaire of Gawaine represents the only mass removal at GenCon. However, the deck has no card draw or acceleration to be seen, so it's dependent on playing through its curve normally to amass a tall army before getting CA with its 5cc troops.

Diamond - Probably underestimating this as aggressive decks won't be able to deal with an Escalated Eternal Youth or an Inner Conflict on the right Troop (Xentoth's Chosen). Phoenix Guard Aeronaut is sneaky-good between its near-unique Flight and ability to force an opponent into bad decisions.

Ruby - Play offense and get to 20 damage ASAP, so the degree of difficulty is low, but 25 Shards while 80% of the spells are 1cc or 2 cc? I don't think Sligh decks ran above 22 lands in their heyday. Still Bombsmith is great on turn 2 while on the play as it'll stop any 1-drop besides Shin'Hare Militia.

Blood - Not as awful as I first thought since there's no countermagic and aggressive decks without lifegain won't like facing down multiple siphons. However, the troops offer marginal defense and if Xentoth's Chosen is targeted by Murder or Inner Conflict or Argus or an Escalated Ragefire you're in trouble. At least Corrupt Harvester is a sweet 4-drop.