PDA

View Full Version : Foils in Boosters

self1sch
08-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Hi,

I don't know if CZE has said anything about that topic so far but I was wondering if there will be foils in booster-packs or are foils and extended art only obtainable via leveling up the cards (or buying of the AH of course)?

Chiany
08-07-2013, 05:51 AM
I hope you have to work for them, and not in boosters.

Khazrakh
08-07-2013, 06:22 AM
I hope you have to work for them, and not in boosters.

I'm rather confident you won't get them in boosters, wouldn't make much sense to have the leveling system in if you could just get them by opening boosters.

Stok3d
08-07-2013, 06:24 AM
I'm rather confident you won't get them in boosters, wouldn't make much sense to have the leveling system in if you could just get them by opening boosters.

this

keldrin
08-07-2013, 06:27 AM
Yeah, the general consensus is they will become foils with leveling.
Maybe making the cards that can become foiled versions, over time, more rare in the not foiled version.
I guess if you have extras that can turn foiled, maybe try and just play with the same set of cards. That way you level those cards faster, and, if foiled ever become more common, there may be a collector market for the "mint" unplayed cards.

KiraForce
08-07-2013, 06:41 AM

Well, it could, because it could just be immensely low odds, because foils pulls are meant to be a reward for continuing to support the economy through packs, so it could be good to do so.

self1sch
08-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Well, it could, because it could just be immensely low odds, because foils pulls are meant to be a reward for continuing to support the economy through packs, so it could be good to do so.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Maybe foils won't be in the boosters themselves, but they could include them in the loot-table for the primal or legandary treasure chests, which will be very rare afaik.

Shadowelf
08-07-2013, 07:10 AM
Foiils are meant to serve as a sort of achievements so i doubt that they will be available in boosters

keldrin
08-07-2013, 07:16 AM
From kickstarter
"- The DOUBLE BACK feature makes each card a unique collectable and gives each a life of its own

Flip your card and see its back, flip it again and see the DOUBLE BACK; each double back features 3 card achievements (unlock them all to transform the card into an “extended art” version), a leveling bar (fill it to transform the card into a foil variant), a trophy case (earn trophies using the card in a tournament-winning deck), and other card-specific information."

I've not heard any official mention of foil cards outside of leveling

hammer
08-07-2013, 07:51 AM
From kickstarter
"- The DOUBLE BACK feature makes each card a unique collectable and gives each a life of its own

Flip your card and see its back, flip it again and see the DOUBLE BACK; each double back features 3 card achievements (unlock them all to transform the card into an “extended art” version), a leveling bar (fill it to transform the card into a foil variant), a trophy case (earn trophies using the card in a tournament-winning deck), and other card-specific information."

I've not heard any official mention of foil cards outside of leveling

The Dragon Blood Kickstarter Starter will have A Foil Full Art Urunnaz

mainstager
08-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Have they commented yet on weather or not we will be able to deactivate the foil appearance on the cards?

That would be really nice. Shiny rainbow cards aren't exactly my idea of a "reward".

Shadowelf
08-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Have they commented yet on weather or not we will be able to deactivate the foil appearance on the cards?

That would be really nice. Shiny rainbow cards aren't exactly my idea of a "reward".

No info whatsoever, but i don't think it will be possible; but since you don't like them, you can trade them and get non-foil versions of the cards, plus any difference in value

Autzen
08-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Didn't they say somewhere (a while ago) that displaying the foil would be a toggle option? Maybe it was a community request that I"m thinking of instead, I can't remember directly. I do know that there was a thread about that very issue during the middle or shortly after the kickstarter though.

Shadowelf
08-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Didn't they say somewhere (a while ago) that displaying the foil would be a toggle option? Maybe it was a community request that I"m thinking of instead, I can't remember directly. I do know that there was a thread about that very issue during the middle or shortly after the kickstarter though.

Can't say that i'm 100% sure that this won't be happening, but it doesn't make sense though; people will be leveling/trading/buying foils cards to show them off; toggling them off, means that it will be happening only on your side, otherwise you have come to agreement with your opponent; which is ...silly ?

mainstager
08-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Can't say that i'm 100% sure that this won't be happening, but it doesn't make sense though; people will be leveling/trading/buying foils cards to show them off; toggling them off, means that it will be happening only on your side, otherwise you have come to agreement with your opponent; which is ...silly ?

Fine by me. If I could toggle them off on my side during games, that would be splendid.

Autzen
08-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Yeah my understanding which may or may not be anywhere close to the mark, is that it would be a clientside option. You could simply turn the option on or off to view foils depending on your own personal preference.

Gwaer
08-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm against being able to turn off foils, one of my game winning strategies is playing a deck with all foiled cards in the hope of blinding my opponent so they choose the wrong cards to play.

Metryn
08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I think they should just have to types.

Foils from leveling cards and a more holographic version or an alternate background for cards in the same rarity as foils in paper TCG's.

Kamino72
08-07-2013, 02:30 PM

This. And having twice the same card is a mess to manage. I hope there will be a toggle option to fully disactivate foil on my own display. If other people like foil cards, it's ok for me, but I don't.

Aradon
08-07-2013, 04:28 PM
I am positive Cory said in one of the videos that 'everything will be toggleable,' which means both full art and foil will be able to be turned off.

AbandonAllHope
08-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Are foils earned by each card individually, or by each card type. For example, will each raptor individually grow its experience until its foil, or if I achieve one foil, will all my raptors be foil? I guess the question is, are my card achievements/experience account bound, or card bound.

Gwaer
08-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Last I heard, card bound.

AbandonAllHope
08-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Ah, so I guess I can trade away my foil raptor for more than a regular is worth, buy a regular raptor, bring it to foil, and sell it again, etc etc. That is if I wanted to spend that much time trying to earn money rather than just keep it for my full Foil Deck :D

Gwaer
08-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Yep, that's the idea.

facade
08-07-2013, 09:04 PM

This isn't as necessary for HEX, since each pack comes with a bonus treasure chest. Granted, treasure chests themselves are tradeable, but since CZE suggests that some (possibly account bound) exclusives might come from chests (evidence: http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/), there is certainly an incentive to opening packs for the treasure chests.

XaosII
08-09-2013, 10:36 AM
Do we have any idea whether the foiling is per account or per card? Will unlocking a foil card make all copies and future copies of those cards be foil, or will only the individual card be foil? Do multiple copies of a card contribute to the card's leveling as one shared pool?

KiraForce
08-09-2013, 10:37 AM
No confirmation yet on whether the card will or won't reset upon trade. I think it shouldn't but we still don't know, I don't think.