PDA

View Full Version : Graphic design issue

macocha
08-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey guys,
I just want to say that I think threshold costs on a card should be shown in the form of symbols. The way they are now - generic colorful crystals, make the game less comfortable to play for people with color blindness.

Gwaer
08-08-2013, 01:37 PM
This has been brought up before, and I agree.

keldrin
08-08-2013, 01:39 PM
This has been brought up before, and I agree.

I second that. It needs to be changed.

Shadowelf
08-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Either change the symbols to match each crystal , or present a holographic backrgound of each crystal in the cards' text.

Stok3d
08-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Hey guys,
make the game less comfortable to play for people with color blindness.

As already stated, it's a good point and I haven't heard that this has been noted by CZE. I just did a quick google search and found from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness) that:

as many as 8 percent of men and 0.5 percent of women experience the common form of red-green color blindness.

That's a significant number imo. I'd be curious how the experience is for the color blind.

AbandonAllHope
08-08-2013, 04:02 PM
What the !!! Only 0.5% of women!!! I suddenly feel inferior!!!

On a serious note, if they are blind for the colour green or red, won't it also make them blind for the entire card colour and not only for the threshold?

Gwaer
08-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Women do have better color vision, and in fact of the discovered tetrachromats in the world all of them are women.

Mr.Funsocks
08-08-2013, 07:40 PM
What the !!! Only 0.5% of women!!! I suddenly feel inferior!!!

If anyone was curious, the reason for this is a gene for the photosensor protein in cones (the nerve cells in your eyes that detect color) is on the X chromosome. Since ladies have 2 of those, if 1 copy for one of our 3 types of cones is defective, it's fine 'cause the other one will pick up the slack. But since men have a useless Y, if ours is broke, we can't replace it. Also the reason for the tetrachromats Gwaer mentioned. Ladies can have this same gene mutated, such that it perceives a 4th wavelength of light, without losing one of the wavelengths.

At any rate, this is a longwinded post agreeing that, as I've said for a while, the threshold should be symbols, not just colored gloweys.

Dralon
08-08-2013, 08:26 PM
They changed the symbols for attack and defense already, so I could certainly see them making unique symbols printed in the appropriate threshold color.

BlindMan
08-08-2013, 09:01 PM
On a serious note, if they are blind for the colour green or red, won't it also make them blind for the entire card colour and not only for the threshold?

The good part about using symbols is that they would also indicate the color (or rather shard) of the card itself, which would take care of that part too.

Khazrakh
08-08-2013, 11:51 PM
The good part about using symbols is that they would also indicate the color (or rather shard) of the card itself, which would take care of that part too.

Beeing red-green blind myself, I usually can distinguish colors if there's enough of them - so finding out if a card is red or green isn't too hard when the whole card has that color. It's very hard if I only get a tiny spot of that color, so yes, either a colorblind mode or just using some kind of symbols would be a gread addition.