PDA

View Full Version : My next ruling question

poizonous
08-09-2013, 05:08 AM
I have Uruunaz on the field. If I were to summon a 2nd Uruunaz, going by MtG rulings (Old Legendary ruling, not the new one) They would trigger themselves to die, but what I want to know is would the Enter the Battlefield effect trigger and cause opponent to mill 14 cards prior?

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Well, like all rulings, we can't be certain until the game or rules come out, but with MTG rulings the trigger would go off and resolve, and would use last-known-information to determine the cost to be used with the ability (7). So a second Uruunaz would mill 7 cards.

Though I can't think of many situations where you'd rather get 7 milled cards than have out a 5/5 flier that resurrects when it deals combat damage, and turns all your other troops into mill cards. :-P

poizonous
08-09-2013, 05:36 AM
well say opponent is down to 11 cards, which by the way just recently happened in one of my playtests, I had a chance to double Uruunaz.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Oh, well in Magic rulings that'd work. Uruunaz triggers on both itself entering, and another troop entering. So the original Uruunaz would trigger off of the other troop entering, and the new Uruunaz would trigger off itself entering, for 14 cards to be milled (2x7).

Aradon
08-09-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't recall hearing where exactly, but I believe Hex operates on the new legendary rule, where if you control two, you keep one. Take this with a grain of salt, of course. I don't remember if Hex's rule counts both players' legendaries or just your own (Each player can control one, or only one player can control one).

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-09-2013, 12:26 PM
From http://hextcg.com/card-overview/ :

Restriction: You’ll find card restrictions here. If a card is Unique, each player may only have 1 of that particular card in play. Any others must be immediately sent to the graveyard.

poizonous
08-09-2013, 06:52 PM
right while I would only control 1, both effects would hit the stack though, correct? or am I completely unable to even play a 2nd one.

Aradon
08-09-2013, 09:14 PM
You can play the second. It'll enter play, be put into the graveyard, and then the triggers will go on the stack (according to MtG's timings.)