PDA

View Full Version : Perhexing Puzzle #001 : Angel in the Outfield

OutlandishMatt
08-09-2013, 03:27 PM
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/perhexing-puzzle-001-angel-in-the-outfield/

Check out the first of many Hex TCG puzzles titled Perhexing Puzzle. Send me an e-mail with solutions: matt@thresholdpodcast.com. Please, don't spoil it for everyone else on here, leave the solution out of this thread. Thank you.

Icepick
08-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Haven't actually tried to solve it yet, but the first thing I noticed is that you have a Blaze Elemental in your hand, but Blaze Elemental isn't actually a card you can get, it's one created by effects like the Champion's charge power.

Edit: Solved it!

OutlandishMatt
08-09-2013, 03:41 PM
It's there for reference. I will change the layout for better reference.

Icepick
08-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Ah right, cool. Anyway, solved it!

OutlandishMatt
08-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks. I thought it was fairly simple and as we get closer to release I'm sure I'll come up with something to stump you. :-D

HyenaNipples
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Sweet! I was hoping someone else would do puzzles so I would have a shot at solving some.

OutlandishMatt
08-09-2013, 10:02 PM
It was a sad day when Wizards of the Coast quit printing Duelist. Thank goodness for the internet. I love CCG puzzles and wish more of them did it. It's a great addition to any game and I hope we see it in Hex. I would like to come across NPCs that need our help. Maybe they're getting attacked or something and we come in at the last minute to save them so we get a situation and we have to solve it to help them.

Armies
08-10-2013, 04:48 AM
most puzzles are pretty straight forward not enough complicated mechanics yet for these one turn puzzles.

Rycajo
08-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the puzzle Matt. It was inspiring!

Punk
08-10-2013, 02:56 PM
Solved.

Thanks for the puzzle.

It was a sad day when Wizards of the Coast quit printing Duelist.

I preferred Dead Mans Hand in Inquest magazine. One of my friends had won a sealed booster box from solving one which got me into reading them. I wish that magazine was still in print. =(

OutlandishMatt
08-10-2013, 05:06 PM
I thought there was one called Dead Man's Hand but I couldn't really find images related to it. Yes, losing Inquest was another blow but more so with Duelist since it was Magic specific.

Eierdotter
08-10-2013, 06:44 PM
Haven't actually tried to solve it yet, but the first thing I noticed is that you have a Blaze Elemental in your hand, but Blaze Elemental isn't actually a card you can get, it's one created by effects like the Champion's charge power.

Edit: Solved it!
I thought the champion "Call the Grave"ed the first Blaze Elemental... why was it deleted?

Nice idea to make the cards mouseoverable, thats very handy

OutlandishMatt
08-10-2013, 09:01 PM
most puzzles are pretty straight forward not enough complicated mechanics yet for these one turn puzzles.

Mission accepted.

OutlandishMatt
08-10-2013, 09:05 PM
I thought the champion "Call the Grave"ed the first Blaze Elemental... why was it deleted?

Nice idea to make the cards mouseoverable, thats very handy

I thought it was a playable card honestly. Then after it was pointed out, it dawned on me the rarity was grey/gray. So I moved it from the hand and to be with the champion so that others would know what the Blaze Elemental was. Luckily it didn't really affect the puzzle.

hammer
08-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Solved

Test

Edit - Forums don't support [spoiler] I guess. Anyway awesome layout, presentation, idea and puzzle. Would love to see more to these.