PDA

View Full Version : Spotted something in the latest twitch video

Motjida
08-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, and if I'm completely wrong, please bear with me :-)

Around 5:00 minutes into this (http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/443356012) video you can see the card The Ancestors' Chosen. If you look at the bottom right of the card it says SET001 317/411.

I wonder if that means it's card No. 317 of 411 total PvP cards in the first set? That would make set 1 pretty large.

Again, apologies if this was already spotted, or if it's already known or wrong information :-)

hex_colin
08-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Someone noticed this on the stream while it was live last night.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-10-2013, 09:17 AM
I noticed it too, and yes, the most logical/reasonable explanation would be that set 1 will be 411 cards. Given that it's the very first set of Hex ever, it's not too surprising that it's big. :-3

Maphalux
08-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Maybe some of those cards are actually from set 2 and they shoved them in there to see how they interact with the set 1 cards.

Mr.Funsocks
08-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Set 1 PvP was supposed to be 350 cards, and if you add in all the "token" cards (aka cards that other cards create but you can't own) it's not unreasonable for that number to be 411. Or they just made Set 1 bigger.

Enuncia
08-10-2013, 09:33 AM
As a massive Warhammer nerd, one thing I noticed during the stream was the "Blood for the Blood God" deck that showed up during deck selection. I was really hoping to see what that deck was...

The_Wine_Gnat
08-10-2013, 09:43 AM
As a massive Warhammer nerd, one thing I noticed during the stream was the "Blood for the Blood God" deck that showed up during deck selection. I was really hoping to see what that deck was...

I lol'd when I saw the name for that deck. So perfect.

Zoelef
08-10-2013, 10:39 AM
Someone noticed this on the stream while it was live last night.

I may have pointed that out. That aside, let's not act like CZ is betraying us if the set size isn't 411; treat it as though there's a 95% chance the set size for Set 1 is 400-425.

Maphalux
08-10-2013, 10:58 AM
I'm going to treat it like the set is 350 because that is the last official information we have been given.

Shadowelf
08-10-2013, 11:12 AM
There is also the chance that set 1 will have 350 pvp cards, and the 61 or so cards left will be heroes,tokens, and pve only cards

Icepick
08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
You can see quite clearly in the video that the Ancestral Spectre, a token card, is included in the 411. So yes, tokens are included, but they're still real cards even if they are created by other cards. Personally though, I think we should move away from calling them tokens - this isn't Magic, and in Hex those cards are as real any any others.

funktion
08-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Drafting such a massive set is definitely going to be interesting. I hope they're not all quite this large and I don't really expect them to be. Mokog and I were talking on skype after the stream and he definitely noticed that himself and I completely overlooked it. My guess though is that this # might include tokens and other things... or that they have 411 cards currently in the set and are figuring which they are going to cut out in order to get it to a lower number. Save the cut ones for a future set perhaps. But that's just a guess.

Mr.Funsocks
08-10-2013, 05:09 PM
No, seriously guys, the "token" cards count and I can think of at least 20 from the cards spoiled so far, so 61 isn't a stretch (especially if things like alternate art or other exclusive-type cards count too). Stop discussing this as if it's news and the set has magically expanded. The set is undoubtedly still 350 collectible cards, unless they say otherwise.

Icepick
08-10-2013, 05:13 PM
Is my post invisible or something? _
You can CLEARLY SEE that "tokens" are included in the 411.

RobHaven
08-10-2013, 06:02 PM
I'm not real keen on the idea of the token/generated cards being a part of the count. If there are 350 ownable cards, I want to work on that. I know it's a pretty trivial thing, but seeing "of 411" and only having 350 cards in the binder will bother me. Nitpicking? Yes. Still worth mentioning.

ossuary
08-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Rob, the cards have to be uniquely identified by number, so it makes sense that the tokens are numbered as part of the set. When you're looking at your actual collection, I'm betting those token cards will either be excluded from the total count for the set, or (more likely) automatically INCLUDED in your collection count number if you have the card that creates that token.

It really isn't a big deal. :)

Mokog
08-11-2013, 05:14 PM
Think of it like this. If all 61 of them are token cards every account starts with a free unlimited supply of cards that might show up in their decks. Now a real fun question is will tokens have double backs? Can I have all my angels and monstrous squirrels be extended art foils?

NecroPleas
08-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Re: token vs not, I think a more useful distinction might be "Can I put this card in a deck or not?".

Still makes me wonder about the lotus garden and raid leader cards, though.

the_artic_one
08-13-2013, 11:46 AM
You can see quite clearly in the video that the Ancestral Spectre, a token card, is included in the 411. So yes, tokens are included, but they're still real cards even if they are created by other cards. Personally though, I think we should move away from calling them tokens - this isn't Magic, and in Hex those cards are as real any any others.
They aren't as real because you can't use them in deckbuilding. Therefore we should have a word to differentiate them from other cards, calling them "tokens" is fine.

Aradon
08-13-2013, 11:55 AM
Think of it like this. If all 61 of them are token cards every account starts with a free unlimited supply of cards that might show up in their decks. Now a real fun question is will tokens have double backs? Can I have all my angels and monstrous squirrels be extended art foils?

For reference, in MTGO, tokens made by foil cards also came out foiled. Would be neat if the same happened in Hex.

Patrigan
08-14-2013, 03:07 AM
I believe tokens should have their own "Token" set that continuously expands. Otherwise you might get the weird case where a set 2 card creates a set 1 token (Battle Hopper as prime example).

ossuary
08-14-2013, 04:00 AM
That's an interesting point. I guess we'll have to see what they have planned for that.

Maybe each set that uses a token will have a new picture for that token, making it technically unique? Or maybe each set that uses a token will just include that token in its overall card count.

I guess it's a wait and see kind of deal for now. :)