PDA

View Full Version : [ARTICLE - Hex Vault] Digital Dilemma: Lack of a Physical Location (by funktion)

hex_colin
08-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Please join me in welcoming funktion as the newest contributor to Hex Vault!

funktion's first article focuses on the potential challenges Hex might face in not having a traditional physical presence in the market.

You can check out the whole article at: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/10/digital-dilemma-lack-of-a-physical-location/

Lot's of exciting GenCon-related content coming in the next week: interviews, news from the Con, playtesting updates, etc. Stay tuned!

Rycajo
08-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Good article Funktion. It should be interesting to see where Hex will go and how it will interact with the physical world. If only I could see five or ten years into the future...

Icepick
08-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Good article, but I can't help but wonder how many TCG players actually had regular access to a store they could go to in order to actually play MtG or whatever. There wasn't a comic/game store at all in the town where I grew up, and there isn't one in the city where I live now either (there was a comic shop that closed down around 10 years ago, but they didn't host games or anything.) Maybe I'm massively in the minority here, but I certainly won't miss physically spaces for a TCG, because I never had them in the first place.

funktion
08-10-2013, 01:29 PM
@Icepick: guess I'm just spoiled living in California, but they are all over the place. I think to answer "I can't help but wonder how many TCG players actually had regular access to a store they could go to in order to actually play MtG or whatever" enough to make TCG's an actual genre and support such a massive player base : P

I really won't miss them all that much myself either, I just don't have the time to play at a shop anymore. They are a pretty big marketing tool though.