PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Sound effects on cards?

Slish
08-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Hello,

I was just wondering something..
What would be cool is to have sound effects on cards.

For example: have a volcannon give a cool blasting cannon sound when it attacks.
I do understand this might get repetitive and might cost alot of hdd space if you implement it for each card?

Make it available at least for unique cards and important cards who have a big significance in the lore? :)
Also this option should be able to have turned off/on in options ofcourse.

I can see this be very good for immersion in PvE dungeons and for important/powerful (lore-wise) cards in general.

What do you people think?!?! :)

Shadowelf
08-11-2013, 06:00 AM
I think it is in their plans . The 790k stretch goal unlocked 'increased unique sound and particle effects to more cards' (source http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=7). Maybe there are already sounds, but they turn the sound off when streaming...

Maphalux
08-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Yes, I'd like all sorts of sounds and particle effects. Make matches come alive.

Slish
08-11-2013, 07:48 AM
I think it is in their plans . The 790k stretch goal unlocked 'increased unique sound and particle effects to more cards' (source http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=7). Maybe there are already sounds, but they turn the sound off when streaming...

Alright cool, I didn't know that.
I never heard them on stream indeed.

And I do mean more specific sounds for a card. Like the example I gave (a cannon sound for the volcannon). Not just some generic sounds for all cards. They do say for 'unique sound for more cards' so I'm guessing its unique yes.

Stok3d
08-11-2013, 07:51 AM
With PayPal donations included to the stretch goal total, we're only about $10,000 away from the additional sound and particle effects in the game. We want HEX to truly have that modern video game feel when you play it, and this stretch goal will allow us to put more artists and UX people on the project. Thank you!

The Twitch on Friday Night (http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/443356012) was the first time I heard any sounds. You got to realize that there will be a huge number of actions that trigger a unique sound. It's possible that CZE may already have received a large number of sound particle files from a professional 3rd party, but just haven't gotten around to matching them all up yet with the in-game actions. We just heard a few (so we know they're coming) and the samplings heard are awesome!

Nicalapegus
08-11-2013, 01:15 PM
That is awesome Stok3d. Also they may have not associated the sounds yet purely for testing reasons. (testing is easier without all the sounds etc.)

keldrin
08-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Well, there needs to be a way to turn the sound effects off.
I worked at a video game arcade about 2.5 years back in the early 90s. And I will have to say, some of the sound effects there where soooo cool when the game came out, several months later became annoying, hearing them over and over.

Nicalapegus
08-11-2013, 10:37 PM
I am completely sure there is a way to turn all of the sounds off. And even if there isn't you can silence them from Task Manager.