PDA

View Full Version : [Funktion & Mokog] Eye of creation contest wrap-up

funktion
08-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Using the power of the interwebs, HexHunterMokog and I were able to finally record a joint video to wrap up the contest which we posted a few weeks back! Sorry for the delay, but hopefully it was worth the wait because now you get both of us in just one video.

Congratulations to Wurtil! our double grand prize winner.

Hex TCG: Contest wrap-up featuring HexHunterMokog (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_4P9VbYsc)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5_4P9VbYsc

We talk about the winners, some of our favorite aspects of hosting the contest, and a WHOLE bunch of completely unrelated stuff about other various cards. I definitely enjoyed working together on this one, and I hope all of you out there did as well : )

Mokog's Channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9jhWvIAdURLcTwOPZhMh9w)

p.s. Still trying to find a way for me to upload it to Mokog's channel. If anyone knows a trick let us know, might have to just send him the file.
p.p.s. I'll try and write up some of the answers in this thread as well when I get home from work tonight, so check back!

Chiany
08-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Amazing vido, and the outcome is insane.
I expect a mention in this weeks update from Crypto.

Eierdotter
08-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Wurtil plz post your full solutions.
i guess many would appreciate it

Anf congratualtions to all the winners.

wurtil
08-12-2013, 03:13 PM
I don't see a way to attach an Excel spreadsheet in the forums, but the Turn 3 X=33416 can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/hexturn3x33416cards5799

For the Turn 4 Infinite with 8 cards played, I'll just post that here:

Opening Hand: Sapphire Source, Wild Source, Journeyman Technician, Replicatorís Gambit, Construction Plans: Inspiration Engine, Dwarven Turbine, Eye of Creation

Turn 1:

[1] Sapphire Source,

[2] Journeyman Technician

Turn 2:

Draw Whatever

[3]Wild Source

[4]Replicatorís Gambit on Journeyman Technician, drawing the same Journeyman Technician

[5]Journeyman Technician

[6]Construction Plans: Inspiration Engine

Add 7 counters to Construction Plans with Journeyman Technicians

Turn 3:

Draw Whatever

[7]Dwarven Turbine

Add 3 counters to Construction Plans with Journeyman Technicians, and transform Construction Plans into Inspiration Engine

Ready Inspiration Engine with Dwarven Turbine

Exhaust Inspiration Engine, creating Inspiration Engine

Repeat the above infinite times

Turn 4:

Draw Whatever

Use Inspiration Engine to create Adaptable Infusion Device, adding Wild threshold

Use Inspiration Engine to create Adaptable Infusion Device, adding Wild threshold

Use Inspiration Engine to create Hex Engine

Use remaining infinite Inspiration Engines to create Dwarven Turbines

Use infinite Dwarven Turbines on Hex Engine to create infinite resources

[8]Eye of Creation for X=Infinite

MercuryMonkey
08-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Nice job wurtil! I didn't consider the possibility of Eye of creation playing resources and didn't bother to ask about it.

Thanks to funktion and mokog for running this thing!

Icepick
08-12-2013, 04:23 PM
That whole thing was great. Nice work on the competition, and grats to wurtil for the crazy answers. You guys should definitely do more videos, that was some good stuff!

Grissnap
08-12-2013, 06:02 PM
Man, I tried coming up with something, but people were throwing out these insane numbers so I decided to wait and see. So crazy! Great contest guys.

Also, I don't want to sound nitpicky, but the latest version of Dwarven Turbine requires that you pay 1 in order to ready another artifact so wurtil's turn 3 doesn't quite work anymore.

funktion
08-12-2013, 06:23 PM
Doesn't it? Tap dwarven turbine for 1 to ready hex engine still nets you 1 mana? Or am I missing something else on the side?

Armies
08-12-2013, 06:37 PM
don't you tap dwarven turbine to ready another artifact?

Mokog
08-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Mirror version is now up on my channel as well. With a little Easter Egg because I promised Funktion it would surface some time! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbYFzeAy-50&feature=youtu.be)

/evilcackle

~Mokog

Grissnap
08-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Doesn't it? Tap dwarven turbine for 1 to ready hex engine still nets you 1 mana? Or am I missing something else on the side?

Never mind, critical reading skills failed.

Armies
08-12-2013, 06:53 PM
suppose the only other question to ask is can inspiration engine create a transformed inspiration engine, or can it only create the tap 10 dwarves or artifacts version.

funktion
08-12-2013, 07:23 PM
It can create the transformed, does in one of the twitch vids

OutlandishMatt
08-12-2013, 07:29 PM
So, can anyone answer the infinite question? How does it go infinite?

Armies
08-12-2013, 07:50 PM
when it creates an inspiration engine it doesnt come into play tapped unless it transformed, so you make infinite inspiration engines, then next turn you make infine hex engines and infinite dwarven turbines

Eldrin
08-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Awesome contest guys! And thanks for randomly selecting me to win some free packs! I can't complain about that. Keep up the good work!

HyenaNipples
08-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I think the hypothetical mostly comes in for the whole Inspiration Engine part, as it creates random artifacts- not those of your choosing. So while hypothetically possible, the answer is utterly impossible in reality.

Armies
08-12-2013, 08:56 PM
I still like the one I came up with that involves a bazillion shin'hare but it doesn't quite reach infinite
though using some of same tricks shown in the spreadsheet I could make it go infinite

Eierdotter
08-13-2013, 01:39 AM
OK you use more than 60 cards in your deck, that opens the option to EoC many Resources.

nicosharp
08-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Very cool, and good job to the winners. Watched this last night, and the escalation card slipped my view, as well as the thought of using an inspiration engine to create endless active inspiration engines.