PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Project Update #41 sought.

Malcolm
08-12-2013, 09:59 AM
From the latest KS update email:
Tickets! Tickets here!

Speaking of Gen Con next week, here's our breakdown of how everything works.

You can come to the Cryptozoic booth, #731, and demo the game with our staff. Once you've done that and know how to play, you can head to the TCG room. Purchase a $10 event ticket from Gen Con for the HEX League, and you can play on our LAN where you'll earn tickets for Jadiim sleeves, mercenaries, and the alternate art Ozawa.

You earn 2 HEX tickets for a win, 1 ticket for a loss. (Real games, not "I concede to you over and over again" games) You'll get the GAX mercenary just for signing up (limited to one per attendee), and then you can redeem your tickets as follows:

1 Ticket - Jadiim Sleeves
2 Tickets - Alternate Art Ozawa
5 Tickets - Portensio of Avon Mercenary

Could a staff quickly clarify:

1.) Did booster packs for wins get totally dropped from GenCon 2013?

2.) When we redeem tickets for prizes will the reward be virtual only (i.e. credit to an in-game account for when Beta is live) or will it be a voucher/coupon for the prize to use at a later date?

3.) When and how will these prizes/cards be specifically released to the HEX community who aren't going to be attending the Con? Will they be released at a future date? Originally the plan was to get them from treasure chests from boosters but... see #1 above. :confused:

4.) Is this how all other Conventions where HEX is present will be handled as well?

Shadowelf
08-12-2013, 10:10 AM
Could a staff quickly clarify:

I'm not working with cze but i'll try :)

1.) Did booster packs for wins get totally dropped from GenCon 2013?

Not sure what you are asking here....but you won't be receiving boosters during Gencon only tickets used to purchase the rewards you like

2.) When we redeem tickets for prizes will the reward be virtual only (i.e. credit to an in-game account for when Beta is live) or will it be a voucher/coupon for the prize to use at a later date?

Most probably codes, either given to you directly (like the mercenaries-scratch off code) or via email later on (this is a guess)

3.) When and how will these prizes/cards be specifically released to the HEX community who aren't going to be attending the Con? Will they be released at a future date? Originally the plan was to get them from treasure chests from boosters but... see #1 above. :confused:

All Gencon rewards besides sleeves will be obtainable via treasure chests opened during next year's Gencon

4.) Is this how all other Conventions where HEX is present will be handled as well?

Concerning the rewards most probably yes

KiraForce
08-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Not sure what you are asking here....

I think they originally said they were gonna give out cards. Though I don't remember this...

Punk
08-12-2013, 11:26 AM
I think there is just some minor confusion on the booster packs they were talking about and Shadow is correct in his answer.

These booster packs are not given out during this years Gen Con. During the duration of next years Gen Con, booster packs you open on your Hex account will have the chance to pop a Gen Con chest which will yield the same rewards that you can obtain from physically attending Gen Con this year.

MoikPEI
08-12-2013, 12:08 PM
I think the only thing you can get from the GenCon 2014 Chests will be the GenCon 2013 AA Ozawa.
Mercenaries are supposed to be a thing with a code for RL trading, and won't be in chests.
Sleeves are supposed to be a reward for visiting an event only, and won't be in chests.

Diesbudt
08-12-2013, 12:12 PM
I think the only thing you can get from the GenCon 2014 Chests will be the GenCon 2013 AA Ozawa.
Mercenaries are supposed to be a thing with a code for RL trading, and won't be in chests.
Sleeves are supposed to be a reward for visiting an event only, and won't be in chests.

Not true, everything but the sleeves will be in the chests. Mercenaries and the AA Ozawa.

MoikPEI
08-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Is there a quotation that the mercs will?
The last quote I was given when I asked said otherwise.

RobHaven
08-12-2013, 12:24 PM
http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/

Third paragraph in.

What we’re doing is this: the sleeves are given out only if you attend the event, like a collectible convention badge (sleeves are going to be EARNED). The mercenaries and alternate art cards will be included in the booster pack treasure chests generated during the hours of the event (in the case of Gen Con 2014, it would be 12 AM Thursday to 11:59 PM Sunday, across all four days of the convention).

Malcolm
08-13-2013, 10:03 AM
http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/

Third paragraph in.
The mercenaries and alternate art cards will be included in the booster pack treasure chests generated during the hours of the event

Right. In update #37 it was: mercs/prizes in Booster packs you get from winning.
then...
Update #41 = mercs/prizes rewarded from tickets, you get from just playing.

So as I said in my first post: What happened to boosters? How will folks not attending the show get ahold of these cards since they're no longer in boosters = they're from tickets?

I appreciate everyone's trying to help but as its shown from just a couple of posts, different people have different answers as there were 2 conflicting updates from CZE.
The confusion appears to be widespread.

Perhaps it's time for an official answer with more details.

Gwaer
08-13-2013, 10:06 AM
I'd go with the most recent updates on the matter. People who don't go to Gencon 2013 will be able to get stuff out of boosters opened during Gencon 2014.

There will not be boosters as prizes at 2013. Only tickets that you redeem most likely for a card with a code on it.

funktion
08-13-2013, 10:11 AM
The confusion appears to be widespread.

Perhaps it's time for an official answer with more details.

Everything is pretty clear... think you might be reading too deep into it and missing something along the line maybe?
-You get the prizes THIS YEAR by attending gen con and participating in the event. You win tickets and redeem them for prizes.
-You can have access to some of this year's prizes NEXT YEAR by opening boosters IN GAME, or more specifically... opening treasure chests generated during the event.

I never saw any mention of boosters this year.

Gwaer
08-13-2013, 10:22 AM
I think I've discovered your source of confusion.

In update 37 it says "We have an announcement from Cory onHEXTCG.com (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/) that you all should read. In short, we're going to make event rewards accessible through Treasure Chests in the game during that event. What are Treasure Chests? We give you a general overview of them in the article and introduce you to GAX - The Sly Roller, so hit that link."

Thats referring to the article about how you will get items in the future. Not how Gencon 2013 will work. There's an additional. Addendum that treasure chests from boosters opened during Gencon 2014 will also have the chance to drop loot from 2013. Since the game isn't out yet.

Svenn
08-13-2013, 10:41 AM
It's already been said, but I'll quote you the important part that I think you're missing:

Now, I know this creates a bit of a problem for Gen Con 2013 since you won’t be able to open booster packs during this time. So, in this case, we will add GenCon 2013 to the loot table of GenCon 2014.
From here: http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/

This year's GenCon rewards are earned from tickets you earn by playing the game AT GenCon. Next year during GenCon will likely have a similar system, AND you will be able to earn both 2013 and 2014 GenCon rewards from opening booster packs in game during that time. The tickets are what you get for playing the game at GenCon and convert directly into rewards, the booster pack stuff happens in the normal game (which won't be available during this year's GenCon, which is why this year's rewards will be available next year).

Vorpal
08-14-2013, 08:37 AM

I would be amazed if this was the case, or if CZE even knew the answer one way or the other.

I would be willing to bet $$ that Hexcon will handle it differently, let alone the next gencon.

Shadowelf
08-14-2013, 09:12 AM
I would be amazed if this was the case, or if CZE even knew the answer one way or the other.

I would be willing to bet $$ that Hexcon will handle it differently, let alone the next gencon.

Concerning organization of the event, yeah i doubt it too; there is a good chance however that their way of handling rewards will stay the same. (mercs given as scratch off codes, ticket system)